The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JPKC
The Lib Dems are acting like a pantomine and each one of those needs a villain.

Aren't I supposed to be representing pantomime? (oh yes I am)
Original post by Morgsie
Reservoirs are drying up, a livestock crisis (infection), these are a couple of challenges facing the new Cabinet Minister responsible for DEFRA. I hope the person is active unlike the previous one who did nothing.

Don't worry he is... he also has a strong background within the country side :wink: (although he grew up in the city :lol:)
Reply 582
Original post by tehFrance
In regards to education, complete overhaul.

BUT WHAT? ffFfFF

That doesn't mean a thing, what reforms are you planning to introduce?

The TSR Conservatives will need to be much more transparent if they want the credibility needed to pass any of these reforms.
Original post by JPKC
BUT WHAT? ffFfFF

That doesn't mean a thing, what reforms are you planning to introduce?

The TSR Conservatives will need to be much more transparent if they want the credibility needed to pass any of these reforms.

Why would we give the game away for those less prepared (you and Labour for example) just so you can steal our ideas? you will find them out soon.
Reply 584
There was no Budget last term.

I had to research costs of various Transport schemes I had in the pipeline
Original post by Morgsie
There was no Budget last term

You can't blame Labour for that, you were in the government too and you could of done a budget during the time you were before you left.
Reply 586
You can't blame Labour for that, you were in the government too and you could of done a budget during the time you were before you left.

The Liberal Democrats did not have control over the Treasury.

And yes I admit that we should have done a budget but there has to be an agreement and it would have caused problems.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 587
Why would we give the game away for those less prepared (you and Labour for example) just so you can steal our ideas? you will find them out soon.

This is an election.

Dictionary:man·i·fes·to
n. pl. man·i·fes·toes or man·i·fes·tos
A public declaration of principles, policies, or intentions, especially of a political nature.

Again, what are your policy aims with regards to education and health? (And I doubt the Lib Dems will "adopt" any more Tory policies this election.)

Edit: And my manifesto was incredibly rich in policy. I had a solid 8, more than any of the main parties put in theirs.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Morgsie
The Liberal Democrats did not have control over the Treasury.

And yes I admit that we should have done a budget but there has to be an agreement and it would have caused problems.

And? you could of done it regardless of having control or not.
Reply 589
Original post by JPKC
This is an election.

A public declaration of principles, policies, or intentions, especially of a political nature.

Again, what are your policy aims with regards to education and health? (And I doubt the Lib Dems will "adopt" any more Tory policies this election.)

Another one of your Lies, our policies are closer to you and Labour in those areas.
Original post by Morgsie
There was no Budget last term.

I had to research costs of various Transport schemes I had in the pipeline

There was a massive tax overhaul though, bigger than any budget.
Reply 591
Original post by jesusandtequila
There was a massive tax overhaul though, bigger than any budget.

Thank you for the reminder.

Tax is input and Spending is output. There was no XYZ on Public Spending
Reply 592
Original post by Morgsie
Another one of your Lies, our policies are closer to you and Labour in those areas.

You want to destroy comprehensives by sending "anyone" to private schools. You might have worded your manifesto poorly and be meaning something different, but I can only go off the stuff you put in it...
Original post by JPKC
This is an election.

Edit: And my manifesto was incredibly rich in policy. I had a solid 8, more than any of the main parties put in theirs.

No **** sherlock, I know what a manifesto is.

Privatise, privatise, privatise... that is all we are good for so we may as well do it! /Sarcasm

If you want more detail ask Rakas or Jarred, I don't want to step on anyones toes regarding how much is told to you.
Original post by Morgsie
Thank you for the reminder.

Tax is input and Spending is output. There was no XYZ on Public Spending

Stop complaining about a lack of a budget when you the Lib Dems share as much as the blame in not having one.
Reply 594
Original post by JPKC
You want to destroy comprehensives by sending "anyone" to private schools. You might have worded your manifesto poorly and be meaning something different, but I can only go off the stuff you put in it...

Stop Scaremongering the Voters.

We want to open up Private Schools and improve State Schools.
The HofC starts with prayers. The model HofC sessions should have a beginning- if not prayers, then music- I suggest a vote at the start of the 6 month period for the intro music.

My nominations:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao19eROwu_c- Half Man Half Biscuit's Trumpton Riots, or for Welsh members, Euros Childs' patio song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D7qU7MpYn8&feature=related
Reply 596
Original post by barnetlad
The HofC starts with prayers. The model HofC sessions should have a beginning- if not prayers, then music- I suggest a vote at the start of the 6 month period for the intro music.

My nominations:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao19eROwu_c- Half Man Half Biscuit's Trumpton Riots, or for Welsh members, Euros Childs' patio song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D7qU7MpYn8&feature=related

Religion and Politics should be kept separate.
Reply 597
Original post by Morgsie
Religion and Politics should be kept separate.

Do you read the comments before you reply to them?
Reply 598
Original post by Morgsie
Stop Scaremongering the Voters.

Scaremongering is not a proper noun.

We want to open up Private Schools and improve State Schools.

"So that any child can go to University and Private Schools." You have no idea what this would mean for education. Complete ignorance and a lack of any foresight.
Reply 599
Original post by JPKC
Scaremongering is not a proper noun.

"So that any child can go to University and Private Schools." You have no idea what this would mean for education. Complete ignorance and a lack of any foresight.

Actually, according to the following it is, buddy.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/scaremongering

Latest

Trending

Trending