The Student Room Group

All A*s and 1 C.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cyfer
Short courses are complete crap and a waste of time. Any person who is mildly more intelligent than a retarded squirrel will know this.

Yes but we are not talking about the value of a schort course. We are talking about the fact that you get half a grade and it can be A*.
Ah, in my school's case, a teacher taught half the year the wrong syllubus. They all got Es while the other side got As and Bs.
Yeah, don't worry at one measly c. No one really minds all too much about GCSEs, more emphasis is placed on your A levels. If it bothers you that much you have two options, 1) you could re take it or b) you could just not mention it.
Reply 23
The C won't matter in relation to the A*'s. But don't think that A-Levels are going to be just as easy, because they are not. You will have to work very hard to achieve all A*'s at A-Level, and would probably have to sacrifice a social life in order to do this. Not normal.
Reply 24
I heard that you usually get put into a dark room and get heavily beaten up by admission tutors. This was for a B though.
Original post by cyfer
Not another one...

YOU CAN'T GET HALF AN A-STAR

THAT IS A C

a short course? you can get an A* fool
well done, youve found a way to boast about your grades in the form of an idiotic question, Want a medal?
Dude omfg, a C? The job centre awaits.
Original post by ttoby
Unlikely. Although, if you're at a job interview and say 'I have 11.5 A*s and a C' then you might get asked what the C was in. But once you tell them it was IT then they probably won't worry so much.

oh yes because being unable to use a computer in a computer orientated society is fine
Reply 29
You're fine, even for oxbridge. Don't worry about it, well done on the GCSE results and remember that ASs are far more important so work to ace all of those.
Reply 30
What's the C in, just out of curiosity? I don't think it should make any difference :smile:
Reply 31
I hear there are vacancies at McDonald's.
Reply 32
Original post by FranticMind
Congratulations on having fantastic results - I also like that you set your sights high!

But please remember that A Levels are significantly more difficult than GCSE; if you work hard and succeed at A level then think about courses and THEN university.

Sorry to put a downer on it but I know many people who stumbled blindly into A level and bit off more than they could chew.

Exactly, I had B average at A level and now im on A*A*B
Original post by siddiqi360
Guys!

I got 11.5 A*s and 1 C in IT! Eek! I was wondering...

Will the C look bad on the A*s or is it just about the A*s?
Does anyone know for sure?

Thinking Oxbridge-wise....

hahaha, it makes no difference. IT probably isn't top of the list for subjects that oxbridge admissions tutors consider. Oxbridge-wise, grade requirements are to an extent determined by the course you apply for, but people with no or very few A*s at gcse get in. I got about 6 A*s at gcse and have offer from Oxford now, but some people I know who have 12A*s at gcse and straight 90% As at A-level got rejected. In short, your grades will not be a hindrance and there's more than grades involved in uni applications too.
Academically, so far, Oxbridge awaits. However, by posting this thread, you have shown that you have no common sense, which Oxbridge will see. Grow up!!!!
Well done on the GCSE results, but don't underestimate the amount of work that will be required at A-level. For example, there was someone in my class who got about 98% in their maths GCSE, and in their unit 1 as results, they got a U in physics which was supposedly their best subject.
Reply 36
Original post by kopite493
oh yes because being unable to use a computer in a computer orientated society is fine

You clearly know nothing about IT GCSE - getting a C means the OP didn't try/wasnt organised/motivated/determined. It is in no way shape or form representative of how well he can use a computer. :rolleyes:
Original post by see-are
you probably won't be accepted to oxbridge with a c...
you shouldn't have taken it , now you'll never get in

Great shout
Reply 38
Original post by Aspiringlawstudent
Oh, **** off.

I have seen this thread far too many times.

well turn away then!
Reply 39
Original post by GreenLantern1
Yes but we are not talking about the value of a schort course. We are talking about the fact that you get half a grade and it can be A*.

well said.

Quick Reply

Latest