The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Illustration- replies from Camberwell?

I had my interview for Camberwell in Feb and still havent heard back from them!

Anyone else in this position?
i have two friends who also had interviews for illustration in february, and neither of them have heard back yet. so you're not the only one!
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Oh really? Thats made me feel a tad batter, thanks for letting me know!
Reply 3
better*
Reply 4
Don't worry. A lot of people are in your situation right now, including myself. I have a fair idea of what's happening right now because one of my tutors actually teaches foundation at Camberwell. He's just speculating what i'm about to say though.

I was told by the course leader I would hear back by the 16th, as did the others in my class who applied for illustration. That never happened for me, but the majority in my class heard back by then and got offers. Don't jump the gun when you read this cause I jumped to the conclusion I was rejected. However key thing to remember is you haven't been rejected, so you have a strong chance. :biggrin:

My tutor is suspecting we've been placed into a reservation pool, or we're a later batch to be told about our offers. He also said not to take this personally and it's very unfair to make us wait and treat us like this, it's a UCAS nightmare and he feels so sorry for those trapped in 'limbo' right now. Camberwell just can't handle the numbers.

Have hope, cause I'm still hoping too. Camberwell was my dream university and still is, so I feel your worry. People have been rejected but we haven't, we have to wait till the 30th to find out properly :smile: I'm pretty pissed with them right now tbh...(not their fault tho, it's UCAS apparently for changing the system)
Reply 5
Hey Jenpenn

Oh thats a good sign i guess :smile:

Well i emailed them about a week or so ago and they said ' all the illustration decisions have been logged, if you do have not have a reply you may have been put into a reservation pool where you would be considered for a similar course, we will send you information about this next week' :tongue:

Your right though, we dont have an unsucessful yet so there is still hope :smile: I really want to go to Camberwell too! Id even be happy to do a similar course there like fine art or graphics etc
So anyone who has a reply has had a conditional, has anyone had a rejection?

Anyway ill keep you updated! I hope you get a place!
Reply 6
I got that same email haha, they still haven't sent any information! I did get another email saying portfolio review results will be given by the 30th but knowing their reputation right now with being on time I'm not believing it haha

I think like 5 people in my group got conditionals, and 3 others got rejections. Only me and my friend are left with no answer but my tutor is calling the head of illustration on monday and is getting back to me then. I'll let you know what he tells me :smile:
Reply 7
I know they seem to be pretty awful with their time :tongue: haha

Oh i see, i thought maybe they had given out all the conditionals and were just waiting a little longer before the rejected us haha but if you say people have had rejections then maybe they will be offering us something :smile: Maybe theyre going to offer us the Fda or something.

Oh yes please let me know what gets said! :smile:

Where you from anyway?
Reply 8
I'm in the same situation! I was told the 16th and then re-rung up earlier last week and was told I would hear back by the 30th. Still not heard anything!! I'm starting to worry.
Reply 9
I just heard back! Got the Fda illustration for camberwell. Not sure to take it over a BA offer from somewhere else though!? :frown:
Reply 10
I replied to your inbox Jenpenn :smile:

And heard anything yet KSKNSN? Im also still waiting :frown:
Reply 11
Original post by jenpenn
I just heard back! Got the Fda illustration for camberwell. Not sure to take it over a BA offer from somewhere else though!? :frown:

Hi, i'm in exactly the same position!! rejected from illustration BA, but got an unconditional for the fda! have no idea what i'm gonna do, do you?? I'm worried that the foundation degree will be less desireable to future employers, but i really have no idea what the difference is! I suppose we can do a top up year after. where else do you have offers from?
Reply 12
Original post by Louweeze
Hi, i'm in exactly the same position!! rejected from illustration BA, but got an unconditional for the fda! have no idea what i'm gonna do, do you?? I'm worried that the foundation degree will be less desireable to future employers, but i really have no idea what the difference is! I suppose we can do a top up year after. where else do you have offers from?

Unconditional too! I decided to reject it in the end, as the fda is more for people that prefer the really commercial/industrial side of illustration as opposed to your own concepts and ideas. I'm more for childrens/narrative illustration so it wasn't my cup of tea :smile:

it won't be any less desirable because you can top it up to BA! but you have to be selected to do that so whether or not you want to take that risk is up to you! Also I decided to go to Farnham UCA for my BA, but I had offers from Westminster and Falmouth. Tried kingston but no luck there :P Farnham is lovely so I couldn't be happier with it! Where did you apply?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending