The Student Room Group

I sent UAL an email asking about an interview, will this affect their decision?

So im applying for BA illustration at Camberwell and sent off my portfolio about a month ago. I read on here that quite a few people who applied this year have already had their interviews for the course about 2 or even 3 weeks ago so i panicked and sent them this email:

Hello,
Im applying for illustration this year amongst other courses but this is my first choice, and I still haven’t heard anything back from you, was just wondering if my application is still being taken into consideration, id love to have an interview :-)

Thanks hope to hear from you, Shea

Is this too much? Do you think that me sending this email will affect their decision?
Really worried about it now and wish i could unsend it to them haha
Original post by sheatogher1
So im applying for BA illustration at Camberwell and sent off my portfolio about a month ago. I read on here that quite a few people who applied this year have already had their interviews for the course about 2 or even 3 weeks ago so i panicked and sent them this email:
Hello,
Im applying for illustration this year amongst other courses but this is my first choice, and I still haven’t heard anything back from you, was just wondering if my application is still being taken into consideration, id love to have an interview :-)
Thanks hope to hear from you, Shea
Is this too much? Do you think that me sending this email will affect their decision?
Really worried about it now and wish i could unsend it to them haha

i applied for ba illustration at camberwell too!! i applied earlier than others so i had an interview a bit quicker than other people did, but its been nearly 2 months and i still haven't received my offer on ucas even though they gave me the offer verbally in the interview and told me it'll take 10 days to appear on ucas :frown:. things for them are really busy now so it makes sense for things to take a bit longer, so i wouldn't stress too much about waiting (hard to do i know haha).

but i don't think you sending that email will affect their decision on your application. you were polite and emailing to hopefully get an update on things, in my opinion it shows how eager and determined you are to get into the uni and the course. they most likely get tons of emails like these so i don't think you should worry too much about it!
Reply 2
Original post by patimariaaa
i applied for ba illustration at camberwell too!! i applied earlier than others so i had an interview a bit quicker than other people did, but its been nearly 2 months and i still haven't received my offer on ucas even though they gave me the offer verbally in the interview and told me it'll take 10 days to appear on ucas :frown:. things for them are really busy now so it makes sense for things to take a bit longer, so i wouldn't stress too much about waiting (hard to do i know haha).
but i don't think you sending that email will affect their decision on your application. you were polite and emailing to hopefully get an update on things, in my opinion it shows how eager and determined you are to get into the uni and the course. they most likely get tons of emails like these so i don't think you should worry too much about it!

they told me ten days after my interview too & still havent heard!! i thought it was just me & they changed their mind 😭

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending