The Student Room Group

Kingston or Camberwell for Illustration

I am interested in applying for both Camberwell (UAL) and Kingston Uni both for Illustration courses. If i were to get offers from both which places which do you think would be better??
Hey Hermione,

Although I cannot speak specifically about those courses and institutions, I have been in your position and considered both Kingston and UAL Camberwell, too, so I know how hard it is to make that decision. Hopefully, I can help you, but if not, me bumping this post may mean you get some replies from people who have previously or are currently studying on those courses. @Kingston University @University of the Arts London Student Reps can you help? :smile:

Although both are situated in London, think about which area you think is better suited to you and your lifestyle? Research transport and the local area, too. In terms of the courses; which university has the best facilities and which allows students longer access to both equipment and lecturers/ tutors? Which has modules that suit you better? You can usually find module break-downs on the course page of the website or prospectus.

Whilst it is important to make sure you're in the right place on the right course, it is not the be-all and end-all. If you did start a course and realise you didn't like it or you didn't feel happy in the area itself, you can change this and it is pretty common for people to feel this way. The university knows that you won't be doing your best somewhere that you aren't happy and so they will support the decision to move if that is what you decided to do.

My advice is to think carefully about which are, which university and which course provides what you want and you need.

Hope this helps,
Harriet :smile:
Third Year Photography Student and Student Ambassador
Original post by HermioneMay
I am interested in applying for both Camberwell (UAL) and Kingston Uni both for Illustration courses. If i were to get offers from both which places which do you think would be better??

Hi there, Hermione !

Thank you for considering UAL! As a student studying at University of the arts london (UAL) I can say that I really love all the facilities and my time at UAL . It is difficult to say which you should choose , because I don’t / haven’t studied at Kingston I can’t make any comparisons! All I can say is that UAL has been good to me .

In the end we are all individuals and everyone’s expierences are different! Do your research , attend some open days and I wish you the best of lunch with whatever you decide !

All the best ,
Memunatu-
UAL student rep

Hi @HermioneMayLovely to hear that you're thinking of Kingston Uni! :dance:

I'm a law student, and therefore I don't know much about our Illustrations course, beyond what our website says. HOWEVER, I have contacted an Illustrations student to ask their thoughts on our course which I can share with you. It's a particularly busy time for students, so I'm hoping they get back to me ASAP so I can share it with you. Please bear with me, as I want to give solid info.

- KU rep and final year law student
Original post by Plymouth College Of Art
Hey Hermione,

Although I cannot speak specifically about those courses and institutions, I have been in your position and considered both Kingston and UAL Camberwell, too, so I know how hard it is to make that decision. Hopefully, I can help you, but if not, me bumping this post may mean you get some replies from people who have previously or are currently studying on those courses. @Kingston University @University of the Arts London Student Reps can you help? :smile:

Although both are situated in London, think about which area you think is better suited to you and your lifestyle? Research transport and the local area, too. In terms of the courses; which university has the best facilities and which allows students longer access to both equipment and lecturers/ tutors? Which has modules that suit you better? You can usually find module break-downs on the course page of the website or prospectus.

Whilst it is important to make sure you're in the right place on the right course, it is not the be-all and end-all. If you did start a course and realise you didn't like it or you didn't feel happy in the area itself, you can change this and it is pretty common for people to feel this way. The university knows that you won't be doing your best somewhere that you aren't happy and so they will support the decision to move if that is what you decided to do.

My advice is to think carefully about which are, which university and which course provides what you want and you need.

Hope this helps,

Absolute LEGEND! Thanks for tagging us! :five:

Original post by Kingston University
Absolute LEGEND! Thanks for tagging us! :five:

No worries!
Hi Hermione!
I am now in the same situation as the one you were three years ago, so out of curiosity, what did you end up doing? I would love to know!
Hi Hermione!

Right now I find myself in the same situation as the one you found yourself three years ago, so out of curiosity I wanted to know: What did you end up doing at the end?

Reply 8
Original post by Meraluna
Hi Hermione!

Right now I find myself in the same situation as the one you found yourself three years ago, so out of curiosity I wanted to know: What did you end up doing at the end?

Hello! I've also applied to camberwell and kingston for illustration. I still haven't got a response from either, but I'm curious which uni you are leaning towards?
I applied to both of them!
If I get a positive response from both, I think it would depend on the scholarships I was eligible for, haha.
Im leaning towards Kingston over Camberwell, but I'll be happy if I get accepted in either of them.
You?
Original post by naqa123
Hello! I've also applied to camberwell and kingston for illustration. I still haven't got a response from either, but I'm curious which uni you are leaning towards?
I applied to both of them!
If I get a positive response from both, I think it would depend on the scholarships I was eligible for, haha.
Im leaning towards Kingston over Camberwell, but I'll be happy if I get accepted in either of them.
You?

I got rejected from camberwell but got into kingston, but im still deciding if i even want to go to kingston 😅.
Reply 11
Original post by naqa123
I got rejected from camberwell but got into kingston, but im still deciding if i even want to go to kingston 😅.

I applied to Kingston as well, but I haven't heard from them yet. My portal still appears with the blank space. I was kinda assuming they were going to reject me, haha.
Even If I get accepted, I am uncertain about it because of the programe changes they did mid year 😓
Why are you doubting?
Reply 12
I applied to Kingston as well, but I haven't heard from them yet. My portal still appears with the blank space. I was kinda assuming they were going to reject me, haha.
Even If I get accepted, I am uncertain about it because of the programe changes they did mid year 😓
Why are you doubting?

I was doubting because I was unsure if i wanted to live in london. But now I decided to go to manchester met uni and study illustration, I think it's a much better choice for me personally!
Original post by University of the Arts London Student Reps
Hi there, Hermione !

Thank you for considering UAL! As a student studying at University of the arts london (UAL) I can say that I really love all the facilities and my time at UAL . It is difficult to say which you should choose , because I don’t / haven’t studied at Kingston I can’t make any comparisons! All I can say is that UAL has been good to me .

In the end we are all individuals and everyone’s expierences are different! Do your research , attend some open days and I wish you the best of lunch with whatever you decide !

All the best ,
Memunatu-
UAL student rep
i feel like they are both good , i have applied to both and gave them my portfolios , i really hope i get accepted
Why are you doubting?
i have applied to both of them , haven,t recieved anything from them
Original post by Angela Pallisery
i have applied to both of them , haven,t recieved anything from them

Hi @Angela Pallisery

Don't worry! As you have submitted a portfolio, the process takes slightly longer for tutors to look over all the portfolios and make a decision. The latest Kingston will get back to you, like all university deadlines, is mid May- but I am sure you will hear back sooner.

I hope this helped and good luck!

-Yasmin (Kingston Rep)

Quick Reply

Latest