The Student Room Group

Sociology AS unit 2 MAY 2012!! (AQA)

Couldnt find a thread for this so im gonna have to make one myself eh!
Right, how's everyone doing with socio revision for May? I have absolutly no idea whats likely to come up for this exam (unit 2 aqa) sooo any suggestions, theories, hunches would be very much appreciated! :biggrin:
Official stats and personal documents, postal questionnaires, unstructured/structured interviews, gender differences and achievement, marxism, social class differences and achievment, lab experiments, government policies and education - HAVE ALL COME UP! (from june 2009 to jan 2011 past papers)
What do you guys think is more likely to come up this time? xox

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by ChooChooCherry
Couldnt find a thread for this so im gonna have to make one myself eh!
Right, how's everyone doing with socio revision for May? I have absolutly no idea whats likely to come up for this exam (unit 2 aqa) sooo any suggestions, theories, hunches would be very much appreciated! :biggrin:
Official stats and personal documents, postal questionnaires, unstructured/structured interviews, gender differences and achievement, marxism, social class differences and achievment, lab experiments, government policies and education - HAVE ALL COME UP! (from june 2009 to jan 2011 past papers)
What do you guys think is more likely to come up this time? xox

i heard ethical issues is likely to come up
Reply 2
Original post by omgg
i heard ethical issues is likely to come up

do u know for what topic though?
Reply 3
anyone got the sociology unit 2 january 2012 qp and ms?
Reply 4
Original post by samfreak
anyone got the sociology unit 2 january 2012 qp and ms?

i've got the question paper, but not electronically
Reply 5
Original post by omgg
i've got the question paper, but not electronically

could u maybe type the questions up for us please? that would be so helpful!! <3
Reply 6
Original post by ChooChooCherry
could u maybe type the questions up for us please? that would be so helpful!! <3

1) what is meant by the term meritocracy
2) suggest three factors within schools that may lead to educational under-achievement of pupils from some minority ethnic groups
3) outline some of the reasons for gender differences in subject choice
4) using item, asses importance of cultural factors in causing social class differences in educational achievement
5) using item, asses strengths and limitations of using one of following methods for investigating applications and admissions to secondary schools. (the methods are documents OR official statistics)
6) explain what is meant by the hawthorne effect
7) suggest 2 problems of covert participant observation
8) identify 2 sampling techniques used by sociologists in thier research
9) examine the advantages for sociologists in using unstructured interviews in thier research

phewww! thats the questions for education and methods :smile:
Reply 7
im the same with education may 2012, if anybody has been given any predictions please share :smile:
Reply 8
that jan 2012 was a dream of a paper!!
Reply 9
I cannot physically bring myself to revise education, I read about 1 paragraph on the Education Reform Act for example and switch off for the rest of the day.
Reply 10
Hiya guys! How is it going? I've finished functions of education, and policies. probably will go onto different educational achievment by the end of this week, and have been studying research methods along side this! phew!

Hope everyones revision is going awesome!!
Ahh im so worried about this exam!! :'(
Have ur teachers told u whats likely to come up or? :/ my teacher has no idea -_-
Reply 12
I need to Ace this exam!! trying to aim for at least 114+ UMS looool high ambitions right :P
Reply 13
How did everyone do in unit 1?
Reply 14
i got a B, i raw mark off an A!
Reply 15
Original post by samfreak
i got a B, i raw mark off an A!

I got a B too! Are you retaking?
Reply 16
I really need to do well on this paper, was predicted a C for january got an A was chuffed.
Reply 17
Original post by Joey952
I really need to do well on this paper, was predicted a C for january got an A was chuffed.

That's really good! Well done
+1 to the re-takers for this exam. Screwed this up last summer. Yet to really start main revision for it. Gotta get an A...:s-smilie:
Reply 19
Original post by Just Josh
+1 to the re-takers for this exam. Screwed this up last summer. Yet to really start main revision for it. Gotta get an A...:s-smilie:

Good luck x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending