The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

(edited 11 years ago)
The points A, O and B lie on a straight horizontal track. A is 20 m from
O and B is on the other side of O at a distance x m from O.

At time t = 0, a particle P starts from rest at O and moves towards B with uniform acceleration of
3 m s-2. At the same instant, another particle Q, which is at the point A, is moving with a
velocity of 3 m s-1 in the direction of O with uniform acceleration of 4 m s-2 in the same
direction.

Given that the Q collides with P at B, find the value of x.

This is a fun question that would score you 10 marks if you get the right answer. Try it to recap your knowledge of the suvat equations. This is also question 5 on solomon paper D if anyone wants to look at the diagram they give you with it.
And I would also recommend doing question 5 in solomon paper K, its one of the weirder ones that you wouldn't really learn about, you just have to be able to igure it out for yourself.
Reply 23
Original post by brittanna
Here is the download link if anybody wants it:

http://www.2shared.com/file/6GU-f5fr/Mechanics_1.html

what does this link to??
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 25
It links to a .rar file that contains all the past M1 papers from jan 2001 to jan 2012 with their mark schemes, it has all the solomon papers and markschemes and it has the M1 textbook.

damn i've run out of rep .... but THANK YOU!!!! that has saved me soooo much time :biggrin:
Reply 26
It links to a .rar file that contains all the past M1 papers from jan 2001 to jan 2012 with their mark schemes, it has all the solomon papers and markschemes and it has the M1 textbook.

oh and do you know if this kind of file is available for C2, C3 and C4???
(edited 11 years ago)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 29
No problem. I've got the same for some of the other units (only edexcel though). If you want me to upload them, just ask.

:adore:
yes please! i'm on edexcel for maths :biggrin: when can you upload the links?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 31

by the way that link only has all the solomon papers on it, not the papers from Jan 01 to jan 12 ... or do you have a different link for them?
Reply 32
If it is only C2, i can hopefully get it up within the hour. If you want all C3 and C4 as well , i can try and make and upload them by the end of the day.

My mac is being annoying and biology c/wk has taken over my life for the weekend :frown: i don't have time to download every paper and mark scheme seperately, if you could that would be so helpful! Thanks in advance! :colondollar:
Are you sure? There should be 3 different folders. M1 (Edexcel), M1(Solomon) and M1(Textbook).
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 35
Are you sure? There should be 3 different folders. M1 (Edexcel), M1(Solomon) and M1(Textbook).

yes i just downloaded it and i got two folders one with solomon A-L papers and 1 with the mark schemes of all the solomon papers. I've already bought the textbookvso i just need the solomon and edexcel papers :? any idea where the files disappeared???
I just downloaded it as well, and all the papers were on there. Hmmmmmm?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 38
Original post by MrLuketastic
Does anyone know where I can get the Edexcel M1 Solution Bank? CD doesn't work, www.sci2.co.uk doesn't work, freaking out. Can't do vectors at all

Just tried that website and it seems pretty useful. I managed to get the solution bank working on it too. I'm using internet explorer 9 so i went to tools and clicked "compatability view". From there I added it to the list and refreshed the page, eventually loaded and so far it seems to work fine for M1 and C4. Thanks for the site :biggrin:
Reply 39
I will try and reupload it, along with the C2, C3 and C4 ones, hopefully today or tomorrow. Do you need the textbooks for C2, C3 and C4?

No thank you :smile: i've bought all the textbooks! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending