The Student Room Group

Size 8 girls...

What do you eat in an average day and how much exercise do you do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I assume you're looking for a formula for getting to a size 8. If your body type allows you to do it, just eat healthily and exercise and you'll get there. If not, don't kill yourself over it because some of the hottest women in the world are bigger than a size 8.
Reply 2
One or two meals a day but I snack as well.
Don't do much exercise..

negs: I'm just being honest, I'm not saying it's a good diet.
(edited 12 years ago)
I eat whatever I want (most of what I eat is junk though) and I exercise rarely. I'm definitely not healthy, just very lucky I've got a good metabolism.
Although, I don't particularly understand why it matters :tongue:
Reply 4
Eat what I want. Minimal exercise.

U mad?

Edit - Just being honest. Haters gon hate.
(edited 12 years ago)
Anorexia thread.
Reply 6
Tends to be two meals a day with a lot of snacks in between, biggish breakfast and a big tea. I've been such a junk food hog at the moment...

I don't really do any exercise either. I've just got a hell of a metabolism. It's incredibly irritating to try and put weight on, though.
Umm, well it varies a lot.

Yesterday I had:
Breakfast: weetabix and tea
lunch: smoked salmon salad with hummus
dinner: homemade beef meatballs and spaghetti
snacks: haribo

Today I had:
Breakfast: wholemeal toast and tea, a pear
Lunch: carrot and corriander soup, juice
Dinner: chicken with olives and rice

Going to have a glass of wine later and some chocolate nom nom.

I am fairly active, do a lot of walking, and my job requires me to be on my feet a lot. I go to pilates classes once a week or so / when i can be bothered.

Why do you ask?
Reply 8
Original post by mikestraws
Anorexia thread.

Size 8 is hardly anorexic.
I'm size 8, but people would perceive me as fat. So OP, forget about aiming for size 8. It's all about size 4/6 nowadays.
Original post by Tishh

No, but the OP will be soon enough.

Original post by im so academic
I'm size 8, but people would perceive me as fat. So OP, forget about aiming for size 8. It's all about size 4/6 nowadays.

Case in point.
Reply 11
Original post by Jesst101
What do you eat in an average day and how much exercise do you do?

>implying skinny girls eat
my GF is size 8

she eats something like

2 eggs slice of bread

half pitta with some pastrami

salad with some meat

half pitta with some pastrami

meal in night consisting of some protein and carbs and veg
Original post by Tishh

Anorexia is a state of mind, NOT a state of body (although being underweight is one of the most obvious symptoms). Someone's size doesn't determine whether they have the disordered thinking patterns of someone with anorexia.

OP: If you have a healthy diet and regular exercise, your body will settle at its natural size. For example, I will never be a size 8 because my hips are too wide; and I mean the actual bones, not fat. Don't aim to be a certain size, aim to live healthily and you'll get there.
Reply 14
I eat alot of junk junk and more junk apart from dinnertime when my mum cooks. I walk alot as part of my exercise instead of taking the bus for silly things like a few stops.
Reply 15
Sizes are seriously bad representations of health and fitness.
Someone who is size 8 yet 5ft will have a considerably different body shape and BMI to someone who is 6ft and size 8!

Just eat healthily and exercise regularly - your natural healthy weight will come gradually with this balance.
Just because someone is 'thin' does not mean they are healthy either. Some 'thin' people who live off of junk food can have very unhealthy organs and insides - they are as much at risk of diabetes and heart diesease as overweight individuals.

Also, your weight isn't everything. Everyone needs different meal plans because no 2 people are ever the same. If your constantly comparing yourself to others your self-esteem is gonna take a pretty big hit and at the end of the day it doesn't achieve anything!
Reply 16

Case in point.

Fair point.

People who perceive size 8 as fat need help.
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Anorexia is a state of mind, NOT a state of body (although being underweight is one of the most obvious symptoms). Someone's size doesn't determine whether they have the disordered thinking patterns of someone with anorexia.

OP: If you have a healthy diet and regular exercise, your body will settle at its natural size. For example, I will never be a size 8 because my hips are too wide; and I mean the actual bones, not fat. Don't aim to be a certain size, aim to live healthily and you'll get there.

I was looking at your blog, well done! You are an inspiration, and most importantly, you look happy and healthy. Congratulations, honestly.
Eat whatever I feel like. Some days I won't eat much at all and others I eat a lot. I do some running 3 times a week, mainly because I'm training to do the bupa 10k run rather than because I use it to stay a certain size.
Today I've had:
Bowl of Special K with chocolate and strawberry, with soy milk.
Kitkat chunky as a snack
Went to mcdonalds with some friends (because we weren't in college today due to a trip), i had a salsa chicken legend, fries and chocolate milkshake
Can of relentless

Yesterday I had:
A bowl of oatibix (2 'bars'), with soy milk.
A pack of quavers
Chicken tika pasta pot from canteen at college with a garlic bread
Magnum ice cream, because it was damn hot :biggrin:
A smoothie made from soy milk, frozen strawberries, banana and peaches from a can without the juice/syrup. It was a big smoothie, about half a litre :<

I think having written that out I realised I thought I eat more than I do. Oops.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Tishh
People who perceive size 8 as fat need help.

Then explain to me why many people have told me that I'm fat when I am a size 8? (And I am not bull****ting about my size).

Quick Reply

Latest