The Student Room Group

Who would win in streetfight: Manny Pacquiao or Chris Robshaw?

This poll is closed

who would win?

manny pacquiao 67%
chris robshaw 29%
unsure4%
Total votes: 55
Manny Pacquio:

- arguably the best pound for pound boxer of all time, is ridiculously quick
- 5ft 7in in height
- ~ 10st 3lb in weight

Chris Robshaw:

- England rugby captain, is a beast
- 6ft 2in in height
- 17st 9lb in weight

Scroll to see replies

Chris Robshaw...if he could actually grab Pacquiao.
manny, that guys punches hard and fast, he doesn't even need to reach robshaw's head, a few blow around the ribcage and kidneys and that'll do alot of damage
Reply 3
robshaw just has to get pacquio on the deck and he is ****ed!
Reply 4
Pacquiao would destroy him
Reply 5
For Pacqiauo to land a punch, he would need to come within grabbing distance. If he gets grabbed, its game over. So he'd basically have to take him down in one punch.

So the question is, could a 10 stone guy knock out a hard as nails 17 stone of muscle rugby player in one punch?

The answer is no.

I just can't see Manny winning this one I'm afraid. I honestly think I would have a 50:50 chance agaisnt him, if I just rugby tackled him before he managed to punch me I'd win.
Original post by py0alb
For Pacqiauo to land a punch, he would need to come within grabbing distance. If he gets grabbed, its game over. So he'd basically have to take him down in one punch.

So the question is, could a 10 stone guy knock out a hard as nails 17 stone of muscle rugby player in one punch?

The answer is no.

I just can't see Manny winning this one I'm afraid. I honestly think I would have a 50:50 chance agaisnt him, if I just rugby tackled him before he managed to punch me I'd win.

You think you'd stand a chance against a world boxing champion (one of the best of all time)???

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Reply 7
Original post by internet tough guy
You think you'd stand a chance against a world boxing champion (one of the best of all time)???

Not at boxing, obviously. But that wasn't the question, was it? idiot.

Go on then, explain your fatuous reasoning, it will be good for a laugh.
Reply 8
Pacquiao's got speed, technique and power, but Robshaw's got a huge size advantage. If he tackled Pacquiao then Manny would be F'ed in the A.
Arguably the best pound for pound boxer of all time, have you not heard of Sugar Ray Robinson:lolwut:

Anway Manny would win, he's a fighter and speed will always win power.
Reply 10
Original post by pinda.college
Arguably the best pound for pound boxer of all time, have you not heard of Sugar Ray Robinson:lolwut:

Anway Manny would win, he's a fighter and speed will always win power.

Speed isn't much use when you're being picked off the floor by your throat and your arms won't reach within 6 inches of your opponent's face.

You people have watched too many kid's cartoons. I hate to smash your illusions, but in back in the real world, Goliath kicks David's ass 100 times out of 100.
I'm struggling to see how people think pacquaio could win a street fight against a 17 stone rugby player.

Paquiao already sets catch weights of no higher than 154lbs at the very heaviest already to avoid getting knocked out by the bigger puncher

Boxing isn't street fighting, paquaio would be ****ed at his own weight limit in UFC/MMA
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Glow in the dark
I'm struggling to see how people think pacquaio could win a street fight against a 17 stone rugby player.

People are idiots, with no real world experience.

We had an argument once about whether a 5 foot girl with martial arts training would be able to beat up Sebastian Chabal, and the number of people who thought the girl would win was just mind blowing.
I'd go for Robshaw. They aren't going to stand their and slug it out, I'm pretty sure an International rugby player is going to be able to take a couple on the way in, one he has him on the ground Pacquiao is ****ed, he's doesn't do ground work and is losing about 7 stone, he's going to pin him and beat the **** out of him.
Original post by py0alb

We had an argument once about whether a 5 foot girl with martial arts training would be able to beat up Sebastian Chabal, and the number of people who thought the girl would win was just mind blowing.

Hahaha wow, quite laughable really
Reply 15
Original post by keyboard-warrior
Manny Pacquio:

- arguably the best pound for pound boxer of all time, is ridiculously quick
- 5ft 7in in height
- ~ 10st 3lb in weight

Chris Robshaw:

- England rugby captain, is a beast
- 6ft 2in in height
- 17st 9lb in weight

A trained fighter will almost always win against an untrained fighter. A rugby tackle is not the same as a double-leg takedown and a rugby player is not a wrestler. Pacquiao would win no problem.

Original post by py0alb

Watch Fedor Emilianenko vs Hong Man Choi. Hong Man choi is over 7feet tall but a very average kickboxer with no grappling skills. Fedor is six feet tall and an excellent Judoka, Sambist and kickboxer. Unskilled size and strength more often than not loses. A 5ft girl vs a man is not really a valid comparison as I'm assuming you're not talking about a woman who is a pro fighter - if you were asking Ronda Rousey, Miesha Tate or Cyborg Santos against Sebastian Chabal I'd put my money on the women (pro MMA fighters). We're not talking about some hobbyist fighter here we're talking about a world class professional fighter vs someone who is not.

(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by py0alb
Speed isn't much use when you're being picked off the floor by your throat and your arms won't reach within 6 inches of your opponent's face.

You people have watched too many kid's cartoons. I hate to smash your illusions, but in back in the real world, Goliath kicks David's ass 100 times out of 100.

Nobody is saying that it would be a walk in the park for Pacquiao however, Manny has speed and power alongside a fighting background. Sure Robshaw's size would be a great advantage and he would inflict some serious damage, he could also win if he was able to catch his opponent. Obviously in a streetfight anything goes (I did not consider that when I wrote my first comment) so perhaps the odds would be in the bigger persons favour however, any decent middle-weight/heavy-weight boxer would eat Robshaw for breakfast.
Reply 17
Original post by Einheri
A trained fighter will almost always win against an untrained fighter. A rugby tackle is not the same as a double-leg takedown and a rugby player is not a wrestler. Pacquiao would win no problem.

bull**** bull**** bull****. I remember you being one that thought the little girl would beat up Chabal using the same retarded logic.

Explain how exactly Pacquiao will win. What will he do?

Remember that he will be giving up a reach advantage of 5-6 inches, meaning that Robshaw will be able to pick him off his feet at a significantly greater separation than Pacquiao will be able to make contact with a punch.

Also bear in mind that Robshaw is 60% bigger than heaviest fighter Pacquiao has ever fought. That is a ****ing massive difference.
Reply 18
Original post by Einheri

Watch Fedor Emilianenko vs Hong Man Choi. Hong Man choi is over 7feet tall but a very average kickboxer with no grappling skills. Fedor is six feet tall and an excellent Judoka, Sambist and kickboxer. Unskilled size and strength more often than not loses. A 5ft girl vs a man is not really a valid comparison as I'm assuming you're not talking about a woman who is a pro fighter - if you were asking Ronda Rousey, Miesha Tate or Cyborg Santos against Sebastian Chabal I'd put my money on the women (pro MMA fighters). We're taliking about some hobbyist fighter here wh're talking about a world class professional fighter vs someone who is not.

Pacquiao is not a kickboxer ffs, he is a lightweight boxer. That is an extremely limited set of fighting skills.

Also MMA is about as realistic as WWE.
If they both knew who each other were and had chance to plan it out then maybe Robshaw would win. However, if it neither of them knew who the other was and had a normal street fight then pacquaiao would win because Robshaw wouldnt go for a tackle straight away, he would probably go for a wild swing and pacquaio would get a couple of good punches in which would be enough. If pacquaiao got the first puch in, he would easily win.

Quick Reply

Latest