The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Official 2012 Hugh Stewart Thread!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by faye-k123
Shared en-suite too :smile: At least that will be an easy way to get to know someone quickly :smile: Do you know how many shared en-suites there are in our hall? Getting so excited now :biggrin:

Added you to the list :smile:

There are 200 private shared ensuites in Hu-Stu, so quite a lot!

Same! Getting so excited! Ahh just over a month and we're there!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 61
Original post by ewd54
Hugh Stewart shared en-suite - I'm doing Finance, Account & Management
Very excited!!

Nice to meet a hu-stuer that's doing the same course as me :biggrin:. Also does anyone know the dimensions of the large single studies, im buying all my stuff and want to know if it will all fit haha
Reply 62
Original post by Jammyj12
Nice to meet a hu-stuer that's doing the same course as me :biggrin:. Also does anyone know the dimensions of the large single studies, im buying all my stuff and want to know if it will all fit haha

That would be so helpful if anyone does !! Or if we all get double beds if you're large? I'm planning to get my own sheets / duvet cover so would be a tad annoying if I used my double bed size and it was only a single !
Reply 63
Original post by ArtyDarty
That would be so helpful if anyone does !! Or if we all get double beds if you're large? I'm planning to get my own sheets / duvet cover so would be a tad annoying if I used my double bed size and it was only a single !

I got all my sheets, duvet and duvet cover today for a double, when I got home and looked and apparently the beds are three quarter size, which I didn't even know existed. I'm just going to tuck my sheets under more and hope that they won't be to much smaller than a double.
Reply 64
Original post by helen-a-ravenclaw
Added you to the list :smile:

There are 200 private shared ensuites in Hu-Stu, so quite a lot!

Same! Getting so excited! Ahh just over a month and we're there!

Thankyou :smile: I didn't realise there were that many! Was trying to work out if people on here had much chance of being paired up :smile:
I know ahh! :biggrin: Not much time left but I have no idea what things to get to bring with me like kitchen stuff etc :/ Going to be a busy month!

Does anyone know when we find out our room numbers? Xx
Thankyou :smile: I didn't realise there were that many! Was trying to work out if people on here had much chance of being paired up :smile:
I know ahh! :biggrin: Not much time left but I have no idea what things to get to bring with me like kitchen stuff etc :/ Going to be a busy month!

Does anyone know when we find out our room numbers? Xx

Yeah I think it might be quite hard to meet someone you'll be paired up with. Though I know with the private shared ensuites they put girls with girls and guys with guys.

I know! I don't think you'll need any kitchen stuff, it's fully catered remember :smile: All I'm taking are a couple of plates, couple of bowls, a set of cutlery and some mugs/glasses for any snacks I have in my room etc. Other than, we don't really need anything.

Oh, we find out our room numbers the day we move in :smile:
Reply 66
Original post by Jammyj12

Sweet :smile: At least we can help each other find Jubilee Campus and our building
Reply 67
Original post by helen-a-ravenclaw
Yeah I think it might be quite hard to meet someone you'll be paired up with. Though I know with the private shared ensuites they put girls with girls and guys with guys.

I know! I don't think you'll need any kitchen stuff, it's fully catered remember :smile: All I'm taking are a couple of plates, couple of bowls, a set of cutlery and some mugs/glasses for any snacks I have in my room etc. Other than, we don't really need anything.

Oh, we find out our room numbers the day we move in :smile:

The fact its catered is the best thing :smile: Would be seriously screwed if I had to cook... I was thinking of doing that as well in case snacking is needed :smile:
Do we need to take like washing things and clean sheets, pillows etc? Is there a list anywhere? Sorry to keep bombarding you with questions but you seem to know loads about it unlike me :smile: x
The fact its catered is the best thing :smile: Would be seriously screwed if I had to cook... I was thinking of doing that as well in case snacking is needed :smile:
Do we need to take like washing things and clean sheets, pillows etc? Is there a list anywhere? Sorry to keep bombarding you with questions but you seem to know loads about it unlike me :smile: x

I think you can buy stuff from the uni, but I'm bringing all my own bedding, including pillows and duvet etc.

Here's a checklist of some stuff to bring:

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/accommodation/documents/cateredchecklist.pdf

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending