The Student Room Group

Official: University of Cambridge A101 Applicant and Offer Holder thread 2023 Entry

Welcome to the Cambridge A101 2023 Entry Discussion.

Cambridge A101 2022 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7109184

For general information click: https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/courses/medicine-graduate-course

For entry requirements click: https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/courses/medicine-graduate-course#entry-requirements

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, advertise or mention group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hello everyone,I am applying to GEM Cambridge this year at St Edmunds College.What are people's backgroungs?
Original post by Josiiie97
Hello everyone,I am applying to GEM Cambridge this year at St Edmunds College.What are people's backgroungs?

Hi, I am applying for GEM too. I did an audio technology degree and have been working in live event production for the past decade.
Reply 3
Hi, I am also applying for GEM this year, I did a masteres in Physics and graduated 3 years ago. Does anyone know any more about how they select for interview, the course page is a bit vauge?
Original post by Robdan
Hi, I am also applying for GEM this year, I did a masteres in Physics and graduated 3 years ago. Does anyone know any more about how they select for interview, the course page is a bit vauge?

I think they consider GCSEs, A-Levels (AAB for those with a first class degree, A*A*A* for those with a 2.1), and personal statement.
Hi, does anyone know when/where the supplementary form will become available? I can’t find it for the life of me and it’s due in less than a month now. I emailed the admissions team to ask about it but all I got in reply was a copy-paste from their overview page of the course and nothing about my actual question…
Original post by billybibbit
Hi, does anyone know when/where the supplementary form will become available? I can’t find it for the life of me and it’s due in less than a month now. I emailed the admissions team to ask about it but all I got in reply was a copy-paste from their overview page of the course and nothing about my actual question…

Yeah the website is awful, I contacted admissions and they said they email you a link to the form after you have submitted your UCAS application.
Hello everyone, :smile:

As you may have noticed, this thread owner is @TSR George - an account used by TSR for several purposes including as a placeholder when a thread owner wishes to delete their account.

If you would like to be the new first post in this thread - you can!
To do this, please tag @04MR17 or @StrawberryDreams in this thread and ask for the OP to be changed to you.
Please do this if you would like to add additional resources into the OP and intend to stay around on the forums during the application cycle.

The owner of a thread will only be changed once - except if an OP deletes their account.

Please allow 48 hours for your request to be seen and actioned. This message will be posted into each of the 2023 applicants threads currently owned by TSR George.

Thanks all,

MR
I've submitted my UCAS application a while ago, still no link - should I be worried and start chasing them?
Original post by ElenaElenaElena
I've submitted my UCAS application a while ago, still no link - should I be worried and start chasing them?

How long is a while? I submitted my UCAS application on the 27th September and received the email from them on the 30th September.
Original post by KMaisey
How long is a while? I submitted my UCAS application on the 27th September and received the email from them on the 30th September.

28 Sept
28 Sept

Have you checked your spam folder? If it's not in there then it wouldn't hurt to drop the admissions team a message.
Original post by KMaisey
Have you checked your spam folder? If it's not in there then it wouldn't hurt to drop the admissions team a message.

wrote to the admissions team, no answer yet. I am regretting opting for an open entry as I don't know which college is handling my application now. Will have to spam all of them, I guess, if no answer
wrote to the admissions team, no answer yet. I am regretting opting for an open entry as I don't know which college is handling my application now. Will have to spam all of them, I guess, if no answer

Oh bless, added stress. I did find Wolfson college admissions are excellent, very helpful. Good luck, I hope you get it sorted asap.
Original post by KMaisey
Oh bless, added stress. I did find Wolfson college admissions are excellent, very helpful. Good luck, I hope you get it sorted asap.

I'm having a similar problem as ElenaElenaElena. I submitted my application to the GEM program on the 6th of October and still haven't received a link (I checked every folder). I emailed Wolfson college as recommended by KMaisey but still haven't received a response :frown:I'm getting a bit nervous now since it's been a while and the deadline is approaching. Also, my referee is going on vacation from the 13th of October and I need to send him the reference request ASAP. Does anyone know if I can phone someone at Cambridge for this? I tried finding the Wolfson College phone number but to no avail. Thanks!
Original post by mainstream_pp
I'm having a similar problem as ElenaElenaElena. I submitted my application to the GEM program on the 6th of October and still haven't received a link (I checked every folder). I emailed Wolfson college as recommended by KMaisey but still haven't received a response :frown:I'm getting a bit nervous now since it's been a while and the deadline is approaching. Also, my referee is going on vacation from the 13th of October and I need to send him the reference request ASAP. Does anyone know if I can phone someone at Cambridge for this? I tried finding the Wolfson College phone number but to no avail. Thanks!

Have you checked your spam folder? Some of my emails from universities have gone into the spam folder.

Camrbridge undergraduate admissions number: +44 (0)1223 333308
Original post by KMaisey
Have you checked your spam folder? Some of my emails from universities have gone into the spam folder.

Camrbridge undergraduate admissions number: +44 (0)1223 333308

Hey, I checked my spam folder and nothing :frown:, also checked the trash folder and any other folder possible. Idk why it's taking so long - I even checked that I applied to the correct course hahaha.

Thanks for the number, i'll give them a call.
Hey, I checked my spam folder and nothing :frown:, also checked the trash folder and any other folder possible. Idk why it's taking so long - I even checked that I applied to the correct course hahaha.

Thanks for the number, i'll give them a call.

Talk about timing, I just checked my mail again and received the link. Thanks for the help!

Edit: Also got this email from Wolfson College responding to my query right as I got the link:

"Thank you for your e-mail. While the usual system is that the Open applicants are allocated to Colleges after the deadline and contacted then, we are hoping to do that earlier this year for those people like yourself who apply some time before the deadline. There is a possibility we might be able to assign and contact the first set of Open applicants today, but if not then it should be in the next couple of days."

Hope this helps anyone in a similar situation!
(edited 1 year ago)
Talk about timing, I just checked my mail again and received the link. Thanks for the help!

Edit: Also got this email from Wolfson College responding to my query right as I got the link:

"Thank you for your e-mail. While the usual system is that the Open applicants are allocated to Colleges after the deadline and contacted then, we are hoping to do that earlier this year for those people like yourself who apply some time before the deadline. There is a possibility we might be able to assign and contact the first set of Open applicants today, but if not then it should be in the next couple of days."

Hope this helps anyone in a similar situation!

Great, glad that it's sorted out now, one less thing to stress about. Good luck with your application!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending