The Student Room Group

ICT OCR Exam G063- 12th June 2012 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Unientry2012
Knowledge based, Interference engine and user interface me tinks.

Wasn't it 3 applications of an expert system? I put NHS, car management and ICT troubleshooting.
Reply 61

If it makes you feel any better, I said that the dentist can move the patients chair not with his finger on the button.. oh nono, but by his mental thoughts.

..................:frown:

oh my! haha. sorry for laughing, but his mental thoughts?! :P
Reply 62
Original post by Dangermoose
Wasn't it 3 applications of an expert system? I put NHS, car management and ICT troubleshooting.

omg i did the exact same. the same order aswell. NHS, car servicing and ict troubleshooting.

Oh sorry I got that wrong then, but luckily I did put examples with it, I put down 'NHS medical diagnosis'.

Sucks to be me right now...
Reply 64
for the external changes.... i wrote about VAT changes, Competition and changes in the data protection act....... is that along the right lines?! anyone?!
Reply 65

That is exactly what i put, those three examples, isn't applications where it is applied to something?
Oh sorry I got that wrong then, but luckily I did put examples with it, I put down 'NHS medical diagnosis'.

omfg i did that too!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by chickenlegs
omfg i did that too!!!!!!!!!!

Damn tricksters, haha they knew what they were doing >:frown:
im hoping my coursework was ok.... so maybe my grade wont be that **** and i will still get into uni somehow......

There's nothing worse than coming out of an exam to be told the answer to a question. Not saying you're wrong, you'll probably do great!

Original post by Ashface
for the external changes.... i wrote about VAT changes, Competition and changes in the data protection act....... is that along the right lines?! anyone?!

I put stuff like that. How did you word your essay? I did point, impact, consequence for each on them.
Thanks DM :smile:

What did everyone put for the vertical partitioning to make sure the data has 'integrity' and is 'consistent'?
That's the one thing I didn't revise so much so i just waffled... I'm definitely going to lose marks there!
Reply 72

I put stuff like that. How did you word your essay? I did point, impact, consequence for each on them.

thats were i buggered up, i always do that structure, but for some reason today i forgot to give disadvantages for like 2 of my points :/ only really mentioned it for one d'oh.
So is the general consensus here that everybody found it hard? Are we indeed saying low grade boundaries are likely?

Also, what did you guys think of it in relation to all the other past papers? Harder or easier?
Reply 74
Original post by bension.tilley
So is the general consensus here that everybody found it hard? Are we indeed saying low grade boundaries are likely?

Just as a general rule, They're always lower then Jan and this sounds harder as well
well apart from Jan 2011 which was the lowest theyve been - 62 for an A*.
Reply 76
Went through the exam with my teacher afterwards, i'm quite content that i did alright to be honest. The dang ERD took me a while and i ended up getting it slightly wrong anyway, i don't expect the 4 marks for that one, probably 2 at the most. I did alright with the External Change discussion question but that's more Business than it is ICT, just like the whole course!
I did this exam at 9am, I had the time to go on TSR to tell everyone the questions, but unfortunately, no internet connection. Knowing I could have changed someone's life...is heartbreaking.
(edited 11 years ago)
Anyone remember the injury questions?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9000
Reply 79
so what are we thinking for gradeboundaries ?
and i agree with majority for the application question, i also put medical diagnosis,techical help and car aswell not sure how well i explained it though.
Compared to past papers i found it alright but its really hard to tell how well i have done :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending