The Student Room Group

ICT OCR Exam G063- 12th June 2012 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Executioner
I did this exam at 9am, I had the time to go on TSR to tell everyone the questions, but unfortunately, no internet connection. Knowing I could have changed someone's life...is heartbreaking.

Glad you didn't, they'd probably track you using 'GPS' haha!
Reply 81
It was a very good paper in my opinion compared to other past papers, the only question to throw me off was the vertical portioning affecting consistency and integrity, and the health problem for the median nerve causing numbness ( which I found out was carpel tunnel syndrome) everything else was easy as long as you have done all the other past papers.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 82
Original post by Unientry2012
Am i the only one who starts cramming things in my head the last 1 hour before the exam???

I have a stronger short term memory haha.

GOOD LUCK ALL!

Every one's probably making their way :/ I should go now.

Oh I am the same haha :smile: I cram

Reply 83
Original post by orange'94
That essay question was horrible, external changes?, not enough to make an essay out of it , i just spoke rubbish.
Hardware and software developments was a nice one, lots to talk about.

Apart from that the shorter questions were all good and not to diffcult, they were not as vauge as the ones ive seen on past papers :smile:.

but then the anything is easy compared to that dreaded coursework!

External changes are quite easy, just government changes ( subsidies) affecting level of customers.

Recession reducing patients due to recession, In long term affecting profits.

Found the exam OK but the question about how vertical partitioning databases have integrity and consistency completely stumped me so i left it blank!!! What did people put for that? The expert systems question - at first i thought that it was knowledge base etc. but then i put health and weather and skincare LOL! And why the hell did health question come up that's AS! But the 3 conditions i put were back pain, dvd and carpal tunnel syndrome. How did everyone find it?
Reply 85
Original post by PurpleReign
Found the exam OK but the question about how vertical partitioning databases have integrity and consistency completely stumped me so i left it blank!!! What did people put for that? The expert systems question - at first i thought that it was knowledge base etc. but then i put health and weather and skincare LOL! And why the hell did health question come up that's AS! But the 3 conditions i put were back pain, dvd and carpal tunnel syndrome. How did everyone find it?

For vertical partitioning I just put that changes on one part doesn't affect the other as both have their own respective fields, but i am most probably wrong, probs better to just wrote something than nothing.

Glad you didn't, they'd probably track you using 'GPS' haha!

And how does GPS work?
Reply 87
Found it alright just the database question got me and did not know what to write.

What does everyone think they got?
Q's i could not do or that i know i did bad:
ERD
Partitioned database
models
i now now from reading this i for the expert system wrong! :frown: so annoyed about that on especially!!!!! -_-
Original post by Dangermoose
And how does GPS work?

Satellites? Triangulation? Couldn't care less now that it's over.
Satellites? Triangulation? Couldn't care less now that it's over.

Exactly :biggrin:
omg. guys
on the medical condition Q's lol... it asked what the problem was...
and was the second part of the Q asking for a solution or a reason for the problem.
im having flashbacks i wrote the wrong thing fml.
I dont remember the integrity of vertical partitioning ??? all i remember was define vertical partitioning 1 mark, did i miss a question, must of done it without thinking or skipped it haha.
Original post by hello123450
omg. guys
on the medical condition Q's lol... it asked what the problem was...
and was the second part of the Q asking for a solution or a reason for the problem.
im having flashbacks i wrote the wrong thing fml.

It asked for the condition and what causes it
Original post by 0range
Just as a general rule, They're always lower then Jan and this sounds harder as well

well in Jan i believe the mark scheme was pretty high for g063, 78 for an A if i recall?
its usually around the 60 mark, lowest 55.
Reply 95
Original post by Michaelsamcarr
well in Jan i believe the mark scheme was pretty high for g063, 78 for an A if i recall?
its usually around the 60 mark, lowest 55.

Yeah I sat that exam and it thoroughly ****ed me over, that's why I'm pretty sure the grade boundaries won't be higher than that
My expert system question was knowledge and solution or something :/

The question I hated the most was the external changes I mentioned people and social factors and economic factors, had nothing to do with ICT that question lol.

My best question was bandwidth I revised that too much :P
Reply 97
omg! that ERD question was sooo stupid.. i didnt wtf to do
and then there was the health issues ? wasnt that unit 1? :|
totally messed up on ADSL and leased line couldn't remember anythin to do with them :/
11 markers external changes was okish.. and future developments kind of messed up..
hoping for low grade boundaries *fingerscroessed*
Reply 98
Original post by orange'94
I dont remember the integrity of vertical partitioning ??? all i remember was define vertical partitioning 1 mark, did i miss a question, must of done it without thinking or skipped it haha.

:mad::confused::eek: ahhh that vertical partitioning question.. physcially wanted to cry when i saw it.. totally messed that up couldn't think off anything but made up some random stuff in the end :/
Reply 99
Stuff I will get absolutely no marks for:

- The partitioned databases integrity or w/e. Pretending that didn't exist. :mad:
- The essay on external changes. Messed up big time, probably because of my rubbish ideas at the start.

The medical conditions wasn't too bad. But I think I swapped two around :frown:
Deep Vein Thrombosis for the leg clot - sat down too long, poor blood circluation
Carpal Tunnel for the nerve in wrist - repeated typing
Repetitive Strain Injury for the chronic pain - more exercise? lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending