The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
Original post by AspiringGenius
Sorry, I seem to have caused a bit of commotion. I wasn't posting stats for the bragging factor, I just am feeling really bad in general about my application (it hasn't gone well elsewhere) and everything seems to be going wrong.

Hope your applications all go well and you get interviews and hence offers. :smile:

I'm going to go bed now :moon:

goodnight! best of luck, im sure ill see u around at either the barts or the ucl page :P everything will work out, this is what i keep on telling myself (u should believe it as well!)
Original post by aanna
haha, im glad i am the reason you used that smiley! i on the other hand always wanted to use this one: :shakecane: . i have no idea on what it is supposed to mean though :P

It looks like my grandfather shaking his walking stick, yelling at me :P
Original post by aanna
thank you! what was your ukcat? i think they gave priority to the EU people first and then they will interview the uk people. thats what i gathered from the info at the stalking page. :smile:

yep, s1 4.4 s2 5.9 and essay 2.5A. i got burned, seriously! i spent a whole month preparing for it and at the mocks i was getting like 7s at all sections and everything. when i went into a room i was so stressed out (because i wanted it so badly!) that i couldnt see. literally, i had a black out. eeehm, i will see! im still holding onto the hope of getting called for an interview!

as for you, im sure they wont throw your application in the bin. who wouldnt want a student with superb bmat scores?

Snap on the essay! :awesome:

I prepared so much, but in the exam I sort of freaked. SI is largely an IQ test, so i think that helped me as I was offered a place in Mensa a few years ago. However SII was largely guesswork. I answered about 2 questions with confidence and then just arranged the rest of the dots in a smiley face.

By the essay I had given up so that's probaby why my essay was low :colondollar:

My UKCAT was 685. I applied to Kings (rejected), Barts and Cardiff. I have had an interview at cardiff but it was pretty bad I'm not going to get in there. So Barts and UCL are my only chances really.
Reply 1783
Original post by Monarose
It looks like my grandfather shaking his walking stick, yelling at me :P

hahhaa good one!! :P bbtw i saw u got an interview coming up - best of luck! do u mind sharing your stats?
Reply 1784
Snap on the essay! :awesome:

I prepared so much, but in the exam I sort of freaked. SI is largely an IQ test, so i think that helped me as I was offered a place in Mensa a few years ago. However SII was largely guesswork. I answered about 2 questions with confidence and then just arranged the rest of the dots in a smiley face.

By the essay I had given up so that's probaby why my essay was low :colondollar:

My UKCAT was 685. I applied to Kings (rejected), Barts and Cardiff. I have had an interview at cardiff but it was pretty bad I'm not going to get in there. So Barts and UCL are my only chances really.

mensa huh? not too shabby genius, not too shabby hahaha!

i got an interview at barts with 682.5 and a s h i t t y section 1 of the uckat. that means they look at it as an average so i would say you hold pretty good chances of getting in!

dont remind me of the bmat, ARGH! i went in, had a black out at section 1, i spend like 5 minutes on the 1st question and i run out of time. i had to guess like 15 of them! then section 2 i was like "whatever, u already failed". at the essay thingy i was like "give up already!" and my mind just felt like it wasnt working or something. i had no ideas whatsoever... oh well, i wouldnt mind going to barts if i get an offer! :smile:
Reply 1785
I was probably a bit harsh on her. I'm just a bit touchy about private education at the moment, especially since nobody from my college got into medicine last year, and no-one has gotten into Oxbridge for about 10 years (and possibly more, 10 years is all I'm aware of), and the local private school sent about 30 medics out last year. Life's fair, isn't it? :/

That sucks :frown: out of 15 applicants, one person holds an oxbridge offer at my school which happens to be private and 3/10 medics have offers.
It's such an awful process

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aanna
mensa huh? not too shabby genius, not too shabby hahaha!

i got an interview at barts with 682.5 and a s h i t t y section 1 of the uckat. that means they look at it as an average so i would say you hold pretty good chances of getting in!

dont remind me of the bmat, ARGH! i went in, had a black out at section 1, i spend like 5 minutes on the 1st question and i run out of time. i had to guess like 15 of them! then section 2 i was like "whatever, u already failed". at the essay thingy i was like "give up already!" and my mind just felt like it wasnt working or something. i had no ideas whatsoever... oh well, i wouldnt mind going to barts if i get an offer! :smile:

We have similar profile- same UKCAT (ish) after high SII, SIII and SIV but bad section I. I got 590 in VR lol!

Yeah I turned them down. You have to pay about £50 a year for a mug, a tie and a certificate with "You so smart" on. I have other things ti prioritise haha!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Andy16
x

In other news, North Korean obesity crisis... Figures show obesity has risen from no people to a whole person. This is an infinite percentage increase.
Reply 1788
We have similar profile- same UKCAT (ish) after high SII, SIII and SIV but bad section I. I got 590 in VR lol!

Yeah I turned them down. You have to pay about £50 a year for a mug, a tie and a certificate with "You so smart" on. I have other things ti prioritise haha!

so similar!! i got 580 VR then 790 QR then 700 AR and 680 at the last section! i hate the first part of any exams! bmat/ukcat same story.. goodish overall but a dreadful section one!

really? 50 bucks a year? i think u can survive without a mug! just knowing you "have" a mensa place is more than enough for your ego!
I was probably a bit harsh on her. I'm just a bit touchy about private education at the moment, especially since nobody from my college got into medicine last year, and no-one has gotten into Oxbridge for about 10 years (and possibly more, 10 years is all I'm aware of), and the local private school sent about 30 medics out last year. Life's fair, isn't it? :/

Feeling your pain... I am one out of just 3 early deadline applicants in my year (of 150+ people!) and the only medicine applicant in 3 years afaik. None of the teachers have a clue about anything really, so I fend for myself using TSR and google, haha. I went on some private or grammar school's website once, and there were pages about their "special Oxbridge and medicine applicants support"... Clearly a level playing field in place! Guess it'll be an even greater personal achievement for us if we get in :smile:
Does UCL interview more int'l applicants than they have places for? I ask because there seems to be quite a lot of international students interviewing over January- certainly more than 20.
Reply 1791
Original post by Anhedonia
Does UCL interview more int'l applicants than they have places for? I ask because there seems to be quite a lot of international students interviewing over January- certainly more than 20.

I read somewhere (probably from this forum) that they expect to interview around 75 to 80 internationals.
Does that mean they call a certain number of int'ls to interview, finish giving out offers/rejections, then call another batch to fill up the rejections?
Reply 1793
yup i believe so... they interview until they fill their quota.
Reply 1794
ahhhh everyone stop arguing we are all in the same situation and desp want an interview! just noticed that everyone in the medicine threads seem to be getting a lil cranky recently.. its understandable though i also have huge amounts of frustration but we just need to keep going and keep reapplying we will get there in the end :smile:
Original post by aanna
so similar!! i got 580 VR then 790 QR then 700 AR and 680 at the last section! i hate the first part of any exams! bmat/ukcat same story.. goodish overall but a dreadful section one!

really? 50 bucks a year? i think u can survive without a mug! just knowing you "have" a mensa place is more than enough for your ego!

I got 590 in VR, then 690 in AR, 720 in QR and 740 in DA. It's a shame, if I had just got 650 in VR I expect I would have got an interview at Kings :frown:
Reply 1796
I got 590 in VR, then 690 in AR, 720 in QR and 740 in DA. It's a shame, if I had just got 650 in VR I expect I would have got an interview at Kings :frown:

yeah, but i think barts and ucl are both better than kings! i loved both of these schools during their open days! just think that other applicants alreasy have like 4 rejections so you are lucky! yeah i know i wanted to apply to edinburgh but the mark i got on VR didnt allow me to do so.. i got a bit dissapointed on my DA score as well taking into account that i used to do so well during the practice..
so yeah, im in a similar situation as well!
Original post by aanna
yeah, but i think barts and ucl are both better than kings! i loved both of these schools during their open days! just think that other applicants alreasy have like 4 rejections so you are lucky! yeah i know i wanted to apply to edinburgh but the mark i got on VR didnt allow me to do so.. i got a bit dissapointed on my DA score as well taking into account that i used to do so well during the practice..
so yeah, im in a similar situation as well!

Ha out profiles are scarily similar! :lol:
Reply 1798
F**k meeee

offer!!!!!!!
Reply 1799
What is your BMAT?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending