The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

University of Bath accommodation thread 2012-2013. Poll included (woodland added)!

Scroll to see replies

Got my unconditional place at bath wooo! Just wondering when I will receive my accommodation contract? I'm hoping sometime in the next week?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Sensation Z710e
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 581
Original post by abigaildavies
Yes that's the one I'm thinking of! It's currently on my fridge somewhere so hasn't been read properly. I just saw my term address and assumed it means my place is guaranteed.

No I'm waiting too! It's only about 5 weeks until we move in so surely we should be getting something soon :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Haha, I'm glad, you had me worried for a minute! Its not very interesting, I glanced over it when I got out of the shower the other day, just legal direct debity stuff, and a payment date I think.

Yeah it does feel like they are leaving it late to send out the info, others I know have received info from their uni, I haven't received a welcome pack or anything.
I'm sure they'll send it soon though as they must be quite busy post results, at least we have our accommodation sorted!
Original post by dan_oufc
Haha, I'm glad, you had me worried for a minute! Its not very interesting, I glanced over it when I got out of the shower the other day, just legal direct debity stuff, and a payment date I think.

Yeah it does feel like they are leaving it late to send out the info, others I know have received info from their uni, I haven't received a welcome pack or anything.
I'm sure they'll send it soon though as they must be quite busy post results, at least we have our accommodation sorted!

Hopefully! I'm so glad I've got it all sorted. I'd be so stressed out otherwise.
Where are you staying then? I've had a room in Marlborough court :smile:

Reply 583
Hopefully! I'm so glad I've got it all sorted. I'd be so stressed out otherwise.
Where are you staying then? I've had a room in Marlborough court :smile:

Me too, so glad I didn't have to wait on results either, think I would have gone mad haha. I'm in Westwood - Mendip to be precise, what are you studying?
Reply 584
Are we supposed to have received confirmation of accommodation yet? Got my unconditional offer yesterday. One of my friends got an email giving him his room number. I haven't received anything yet :/ No contracts on the accommodation portal either.
Original post by anna_archi
Does anyone know if you can find out what your room is like, like what floor it is on and if it is mixed or non-mixed flat? :smile:
I'm in Solsbury SB7.1 :biggrin: So excited!!

SB7 will be on the 4th floor (or 3rd if you count ground floor as 0) on the right hand side as you go up the stairs. It's more likely to be mixed as it is a 7 person flat and generally they seemed to put the non-mixed in the 5 person flats, but that's not guaranteed. As far as I'm aware the only way to find out would be get on the fb group and try and find your flatmates, or if you ring them up they might tell you but they're probably rather busy atm so unless there was a particular reason for wanting to know that then best bet is probably fb :smile:
Reply 586
Original post by vcarey
Just received my contract! :biggrin: I'm in Norwood N9. 25. Anyone my flatmate?! :smile:

Original post by fredi.brownsmith
yes i'm n9.27 !

I'm N9.29!! :biggrin:
Just got my contract! Solsbury SF8.4? Anyone? Or any info about the room!
Original post by dan_oufc
Me too, so glad I didn't have to wait on results either, think I would have gone mad haha. I'm in Westwood - Mendip to be precise, what are you studying?

Lovely! :smile: I'm studying Chemistry with a year in industry. Yourself?

Original post by vcarey
Yay! Nice to meet you Freddi :smile: What course you studying?

I'm studying chemistry :smile: what about you ?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 590
Lovely! :smile: I'm studying Chemistry with a year in industry. Yourself?

:smile:, I'm studying Social Work and Applied Social Studies (incl. Placement).
Reply 591
Original post by Flippin-Mad
SB7 will be on the 4th floor (or 3rd if you count ground floor as 0) on the right hand side as you go up the stairs. It's more likely to be mixed as it is a 7 person flat and generally they seemed to put the non-mixed in the 5 person flats, but that's not guaranteed. As far as I'm aware the only way to find out would be get on the fb group and try and find your flatmates, or if you ring them up they might tell you but they're probably rather busy atm so unless there was a particular reason for wanting to know that then best bet is probably fb :smile:

Can you end up in a non-mixed if you choose mixed?
Reply 592
Woo just got my contract emailed to me!

I'm in Solsbury SA7.4, anyone else?

Also...does anyone know what the letters and numbers stand for? (SA7.4) xD, I'm guessing S=Solsbury.
Original post by jonesj94
Woo just got my contract emailed to me!

I'm in Solsbury SA7.4, anyone else?

Also...does anyone know what the letters and numbers stand for? (SA7.4) xD, I'm guessing S=Solsbury.

From what I've read s=solsbury a=the staircase 7=flat number (2 or maybe 3 on each floor can't remember) and 4=room number.

Dont take my word for that but that's the information I've been given! I'm in MB3.3 :smile:

I'm in MB3.3 :smile:

MD7.7 here :biggrin:
Seeing everyone getting their room numbers is getting me all jealous haha!
Right, bit of a dull question, but how many weeks a year do you actual live in uni. Like minus holidays and stuff. I know the contract is 38 week, but how much are you there. Trying to work out living costs etc... (I'm going to regret it, I know)
Original post by bekylouisex3
Seeing everyone getting their room numbers is getting me all jealous haha!

Haha don't I got mine last month!!!! It's just been even longer to wait! I now need time to go super fast.

Original post by awayinmyhead
Right, bit of a dull question, but how many weeks a year do you actual live in uni. Like minus holidays and stuff. I know the contract is 38 week, but how much are you there. Trying to work out living costs etc... (I'm going to regret it, I know)

If you base it around 38 weeks you'll never have to worry will you? :smile:

Original post by awayinmyhead

They give you the dates in the e-mail they send you I think.

Quick Reply

Latest