The Student Room Group

Try out the new **iPhone, iPad or Android** TSR App

Scroll to see replies

Giving and receiving reputation?
Reply 101
Where does it show who's repped you and quoted you on Iphone version?
Original post by TM94

The app doesn't have these features yet. :nah:
Reply 103
Original post by TM94

but I am sure they would put the former one to subs. :wink:
What about windows phone?
Reply 105
When is this comming to Blackberrys!?
Original post by Blastoise
When is this comming to Blackberrys!?

AFAIK, I'm afraid that there aren't any immediate plans to develop a Blackberry version. You can still use Tapatalk to access the site via an app, albeit not quite so smoothly. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 107
Original post by Illusionary
AFAIK, I'm afraid that there aren't any immediate plans to develop a Blackberry version. You can still use Tapatalk to access the site via an app, albeit not quite so smoothly. :smile:

Wow thanks for that! I am going to search tapatalk now :biggrin:
The 'drag up and then release to refresh' feature causes the app to crash at times.
Original post by Ari Ben Canaan
The 'drag up and then release to refresh' feature causes the app to crash at times.

Is that in a specific version of the app? Eg the android or iphone versions?
Reply 110
For "participated" threads, it seems to show the ones I've unsubscribed to on the web version as well.
I wish the app was a bit more exciting and had something to really give for the iPad version cos atm there's not really a huge advantage to using it over using TSR from the web given the iPad screen is large enough to enjoy TSRing from Safari.
Original post by RK

This happened to me with the iPhone version :sadnod:
Original post by ViceVersa
I wish the app was a bit more exciting and had something to really give for the iPad version cos atm there's not really a huge advantage to using it over using TSR from the web given the iPad screen is large enough to enjoy TSRing from Safari.

What would you like to see? :smile:

Remember, the app isn't supposed to be all-singing, all-dancing, it's supposed to be a simplified and easy to use version of TSR :yes:
Original post by fleur de lis
What would you like to see? :smile:

Remember, the app isn't supposed to be all-singing, all-dancing, it's supposed to be a simplified and easy to use version of TSR :yes:

I dunno, I just know there usually has to be a reason or advantage to using an app rather than the website, and atm for the iPad it's nicer using the web so that is what I do. I guess easier browsing; integrating the multi-touch stuff that the iPad does into it would be fab, e.g. so it's easy to flick through PMs or threads and stuff; a way to easily upload videos from the iPad and/or YouTube onto TSR, a better appearance and maybe even different skins, having the font options show up, having the moving emoticons and avatars working; just overall making it much more interactive. I have a few other ideas but I'm rushing to the hospital right now and cbb to go into detail :tongue:

Fair enough I get that, and that role works very well for iPod touches/iPhones/Android mobiles.

Still happy there's an app though!
Original post by RK

Its the iPad version actually. It happens quite regularly :/
Original post by Vulpes
For "participated" threads, it seems to show the ones I've unsubscribed to on the web version as well.
I think 'Participated' is different to 'Watched threads'. There is a separate bit of the app for 'Watched Threads'. I think participated probably lists all threads you've posted in, regardless of those you are watching (and probably also excludes those you are watching, but have not posted in....someone want to test this some more to confirm?)

Original post by Ari Ben Canaan
Its the iPad version actually. It happens quite regularly :/

I've just been messing around on the iPad app for a few minutes refreshing pages like you describe, but have not yet seen is crash...not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing :tongue:

If you have any other info about how/why it crashes, please let me know. Eg, is it a certain type of page you're refreshing, or when you do it after a certain action?
Original post by RK

I've just been messing around on the iPad app for a few minutes refreshing pages like you describe, but have not yet seen is crash...not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing :tongue:

If you have any other info about how/why it crashes, please let me know. Eg, is it a certain type of page you're refreshing, or when you do it after a certain action?

Its crashed whilst I was refreezing my PMs but I don't think I was doing anything prior to that which could be used to identify the issue.
Reply 118
Original post by RK
I think 'Participated' is different to 'Watched threads'. There is a separate bit of the app for 'Watched Threads'. I think participated probably lists all threads you've posted in, regardless of those you are watching (and probably also excludes those you are watching, but have not posted in....someone want to test this some more to confirm?)

You're right, participated is just any you've posted in. The new posts function (numbers turning green) is a little buggy for me on this list though.

I currently use it as a substitute for who quoted me by skimming through new posts.

Xxx

posted from the TSR Android app
It would be nice if when there are unread posts in a thread, it showed how many were unread as opposed to just the total number of posts.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending