The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tucking Fypo
Just a no-frills logo to reflect our simplistic corporate values.

A masterpiece of logo. Simplistic in it's nature - humble enough not to portray the ethical values of our organisation but also get the message across about who we are. Simply fantastic. :congrats:

I've just broken the news to our fanbase in the back room - very positive reaction!
:rofl2: Cheers, Salim.

Don't lie Anicha, our receptionist said you seemed to know all the words.

The vid for it is hilariously mindblasting.
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THAT OO LA LA LA SONG :adore: MAN SUCH AN A1 CH0000N. ALLOW THE VID THOUGH, SO WRONG ON SO MANY LEVELS.
I watched some of it. I don't see nothin' wrong :pierre:

UD has a thesaurus now!
Watch all of it..... it's so creepy when she literally shoves her bosoms in his narsty old face. :puke:
Reply 1385
man, who writes these definitions on urban dictionary? :rofl2: just been searching people's names.
Reply 1386
Poomplex wtf :rofl2: ahahaha defo going to use this
The fact that Vidya Balan is dancing with Naseeruddin Shah just gets me everytime. It's wrong, but funny.
getdirty2k12
OMG LOOK AT THE 4TH SUGGESTION THAT COMES UP WHEN YOU TYPE "VIDYA B" ON GOOGLE :rofl2:
Reply 1390
There's no romance without finance.
Wikipedia comes up as the 4th result :eyebrow:
Recom a niqqa some Dream Theater albums, pol! Listening to 'The Shattered Fortress' atm and...I have the urge to listen to their other stuff now. Was meaning to ages ago but...
Recom a niqqa some Dream Theater albums, pol! Listening to 'The Shattered Fortress' atm and...I have the urge to listen to their other stuff now. Was meaning to ages ago but...

:gah: :gah: :gah:

That's the last song of the Twelve-Step Suite, isn't it? In that case I'd recommend listening to the rest of the suite:
The Glass Prison - from Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence. I like the songs on the first CD on the album, they're quite angsty. :sogood: I like the second CD too, but I've only listened to the whole song once or twice.

This Dying Soul - from Train of Thought. Pretty much the whole album is quite heavy, you might like that. It was one of the first DT songs I listened to.

Root of All Evil - from Octavarium. I'd really recommend listening to the whole album in one go, I did that in the car a couple of weeks ago. :excited: Every song is in a different key (starting from F) and they added little effects for all the black notes between songs, a very nice touch. :3

Repentance - from Systematic Chaos. Sounds a lot like Opeth. I think Chris Jericho contributed to the vocals :rofl2:

See also: The Mirror, from Awake. Love that ****.

But since you asked for albums, I think I would start with Octavarium. It's recent enough to reflect the current sound, but almost as well thought-out as earlier albums, such as Metropolis Part II (I haven't listened to it all, but it's QUITE SIK).
Oh, you could always finish Black Clouds & Silver Linings. I don't really like that album though (apart from The Count of Tuscany :love:, or A Nightmare to Remember), it's almost like they weren't trying. :redface:
Original post by + polarity -
:gah: :gah: :gah:

That's the last song of the Twelve-Step Suite, isn't it? In that case I'd recommend listening to the rest of the suite:
The Glass Prison - from Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence. I like the songs on the first CD on the album, they're quite angsty. :sogood: I like the second CD too, but I've only listened to the whole song once or twice.

This Dying Soul - from Train of Thought. Pretty much the whole album is quite heavy, you might like that. It was one of the first DT songs I listened to.

Root of All Evil - from Octavarium. I'd really recommend listening to the whole album in one go, I did that in the car a couple of weeks ago. :excited: Every song is in a different key (starting from F) and they added little effects for all the black notes between songs, a very nice touch. :3

Repentance - from Systematic Chaos. Sounds a lot like Opeth. I think Chris Jericho contributed to the vocals :rofl2:

See also: The Mirror, from Awake. Love that ****.

But since you asked for albums, I think I would start with Octavarium. It's recent enough to reflect the current sound, but almost as well thought-out as earlier albums, such as Metropolis Part II (I haven't listened to it all, but it's QUITE SIK).

Aye, cheers. Starred all the mentions on spotify so I'll get a feel for most of the albums those songs are on.

Original post by + polarity -
Oh, you could always finish Black Clouds & Silver Linings. I don't really like that album though (apart from The Count of Tuscany :love:, or A Nightmare to Remember), it's almost like they weren't trying. :redface:

I've listened to Black Clouds so much, man. I love it, tbh. I just want stuff like 'The Count of Tuscany', 'Stargazer' and 'Metropolis Part I'. :adore:
:rofl2: Cheers, Salim.

Don't lie Anicha, our receptionist said you seemed to know all the words.

The vid for it is hilariously mindblasting.

here it is in all its glory!

Original post by Amandeep_Psych07
I'm from nairobi. :colondollar:

not this again

Reply 1398
Original post by Mastermind`

You missed out the forth circle named "Batty boys"
Original post by Mastermind`

That logo is so **** :sigh:

also disgraceful for categorizing urselves in the same league as fresh prince and jazz :angry:

Latest