The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3980
Original post by SciFiBoy
idk, im just way too shy and stuff :redface: is scary doing things like that!

Being shy could mean having a worse time than you could? As far as I'm concerned, I want to make the most of the concert/match I've gone and I'll never meet the people around me ever again...
Original post by Harpoon
You sound a lot like me ... so your not the only one with this difficulty :smile:

is just so hard to know what to do, I tend to drink in new social situations if I can, just makes thing easier to deal with I find :redface: other than that is just :eek:
Original post by Deyesy
Being shy could mean having a worse time than you could? As far as I'm concerned, I want to make the most of the concert/match I've gone and I'll never meet the people around me ever again...

is hard to explain in words, but is just like a constant feeling that something is gonna go horribly wrong until I relax (hence drinking!) it's just a case of getting to that point before going lol otherwise I chicken out 9 times out of 10!
Very random question.... but did that idea about meeting up in London ever actually happen? I seem to remember it was planned for mid-March..? Can't be bothered to go trawling back through old threads to see.
idk, im just way too shy and stuff :redface: is scary doing things like that!

Yeah but it doesn't matter really does it? unless it is clubbing you can be shy and to yourself and just enjoy whatever it is you doing :h:
Original post by tehFrance
Yeah but it doesn't matter really does it? unless it is clubbing you can be shy and to yourself and just enjoy whatever it is you doing :h:

it shouldn't, but is still enough to scare me off doing things most of the time!
Original post by tehFrance

You'd think that...

...but it doesn't ever work like that.
is just so hard to know what to do, I tend to drink in new social situations if I can, just makes thing easier to deal with I find :redface: other than that is just :eek:

Yeah, the worst part I find is when your alone with someone and its that awkward silence when you don't know what to say ... if there's a third person there its not too bad but me and someone else its like ... :unsure:
Reply 3988
is hard to explain in words, but is just like a constant feeling that something is gonna go horribly wrong until I relax (hence drinking!) it's just a case of getting to that point before going lol otherwise I chicken out 9 times out of 10!

Dude, what could go wrong about singing in a concert? :tongue:

Original post by Drewski
Very random question.... but did that idea about meeting up in London ever actually happen? I seem to remember it was planned for mid-March..? Can't be bothered to go trawling back through old threads to see.

Meant to but it didn't? People pulled out and Cherry was disappointed and fairly so.
Original post by Deyesy
Meant to but it didn't? People pulled out and Cherry was disappointed and fairly so.

Guessed as much.

All mouth, no trousers this thread. Myself, georgia and IDA remain the only group of W&Sers to have met, I believe.
Original post by Harpoon
Yeah, the worst part I find is when your alone with someone and its that awkward silence when you don't know what to say ... if there's a third person there its not too bad but me and someone else its like ... :unsure:

I know what you mean, I either end up saying nothing and it just being awkward or babbling about nothing! :erm:

Original post by Deyesy
Dude, what could go wrong about singing in a concert? :tongue:

er, people could hear me? I could pass out from anxiety? :redface:
Original post by Drewski
Guessed as much.

All mouth, no trousers this thread. Myself, georgia and IDA remain the only group of W&Sers to have met, I believe.

I've been to TSR meets before :redface: the first one was scary but I was okay after I got to know people and had a bit to drink :tongue: people on here seem really nice :h:
I know what you mean, I either end up saying nothing and it just being awkward or babbling about nothing! :erm:

Yeah, pretty much haha!
Original post by Harpoon
Yeah, pretty much haha!

socially awkward five! :five:
Reply 3994
im really not :tongue: im too shy to even go to football on my own :frown: new social situations scare me...plus im really quiet and never know what to do/say :redface:

you seem fine on here
Reply 3995
Original post by Drewski
Guessed as much.

It was more the cost for me. You were looking at a £70-80 day trip...

er, people could hear me? I could pass out from anxiety? :redface:

And how will they hear you with the music being so loud? :tongue:
Original post by mia )
you seem fine on here

internet is easy :tongue: I don't have to look at people and be around them, which scares me cause I kinda assume people won't like me (I am hideous :frown:)
Original post by Deyesy

And how will they hear you with the music being so loud? :tongue:

you never know! people are scary if you don't know them!
socially awkward five! :five:

Woo :tongue:

And if another meet was to be arranged, I'd be up for that, however it would have to be somewhere convenient for everyone which I guess would be the issue.
Original post by Deyesy
It was more the cost for me. You were looking at a £70-80 day trip...

Budget, man :tongue: And you can't put a price on the company of...some... of these people.

Latest