The Student Room Group
Original post by morris743
Basically, be strong. Not many people can be though. I used to think I was, until recently.

Everyone has ups and downs but whether you get over it or let it wear you down is another question...links back to your mindset :smile:
Original post by Spontogical
Debate + Fire = Fiery Debate :ahee: ~ it's good to see some differing opinions to these sort of things. The world would be boring if everyone thought the same.

I think you should know my view by now.
That's directly from the book isn't it?

Participate don't alienate :smug:

Yeah it is.
Basically, be strong. Not many people can be though. I used to think I was, until recently.

It's a decision in my opinion.

Unless you're physically/mentally incapable, then that's different.
It's a decision in my opinion.

Unless you're physically/mentally incapable, then that's different.

How about something as basic yet pretty catastrophic to normal life at the time as sleep deprivation? Would that go under physically / mentally incapable? People are changed by serious illnesses such as cancer.
How about something as basic yet pretty catastrophic to normal life at the time as sleep deprivation? Would that go under physically / mentally incapable? People are changed by serious illnesses such as cancer.

Hmm it could go down as that, but I still believe it can be solved in a couple weeks at the most.

Cancer is a different ball game. So yeah I can understand if someone remains unhappy because they have it; but I knew one person that had about 3 months to live.. and decided to try and live the last of his days like he owned the world. 7 years later he's still here enjoying himself.
Hmm it could go down as that, but I still believe it can be solved in a couple weeks at the most.

Cancer is a different ball game. So yeah I can understand if someone remains unhappy because they have it; but I knew one person that had about 3 months to live.. and decided to try and live the last of his days like he owned the world. 7 years later he's still here enjoying himself.

lol hilarious. I'd bank on the fact that I'm one of the most ambitious, thinking out of the box, matter of fact person you've encountered (apart from yourself). Weeks! Ok then :colonhash: You'd think I wanted to be this way.

The way people are formed is different. If it was so straightforward don't you think everyone would survive cancer and other illnesses.
Original post by SciFiBoy
that's not how it works though, you surely know that? someone has just taken the fact someone had a certain attitude and linked it to their cancer going into remission or whatever.

Tbh the cancer is an example. You can't hide the fact that your mindset and beliefs control what you want to do in life. Forget the cancer thing for a bit and just think about how if you change your beliefs and mindset - how much you can achieve the stuff YOU want to, not your mum or dad etc.
Reply 9808
Original post by LifeIsGood
Everyone has ups and downs but whether you get over it or let it wear you down is another question...links back to your mindset :smile:

This. And this. And this again.

I've not let 6 years of bullying affect me. If I did then I've lost the battle.
Reply 9809
What? :frown:

:smile:
lol hilarious. I'd bank on the fact that I'm one of the most ambitious, thinking out of the box, matter of fact person you've encountered (apart from yourself). Weeks! Ok then :colonhash: You'd think I wanted to be this way.

The way people are formed is different. If it was so straightforward don't you think everyone would survive cancer and other illnesses.

No, you misunderstand.. I know you are all of those things.

6-8 weeks, you would have it beat: By end of summer, I'm almost certain you would've solved it.

[I had it a little myself remember, though not as bad.]
Original post by Deyesy
This. And this. And this again.

I've not let 6 years of bullying affect me. If I did then I've lost the battle.

I have a lot of respect for you, I've been bullied before and used it to my advantage to in a man's terms: grow a pair. Honestly, it was rough, VERY rough but I used to build myself up.
Original post by Jaidenh
:smile:

:frown:
No, you misunderstand.. I know you are all of those things.

6-8 weeks, you would have it beat: By end of summer, I'm almost certain you would've solved it.

[I had it a little myself remember, though not as bad.]

Why have I got over 6 months with it then? lol
to an extent, but it can't turn us all in to Einstein either. I mean, given where I am mentally right now that kind of stuff is pretty much impossible to see or feel y'know, is more a case of, no matter what I do, I feel bad about stuff.

I been feeling really low too lately remember?
But just try to see the positive side of things? In every obstacle - there's an oppoturnity.
how long you live is luck as much as anything with it, you can have whatever mindset you like, doesn't generally change whether you live 6 days or 6 years though, sadly, I wish the world where that simple, I really do, but it's not.

Those 6 days can be 100x better than those 6 years.
Reply 9816
no, im just pointing out that people don't have as much control over their own lives as they like to think they do, and there's nothing wrong in realising that either.

eh? im just confused now :confused:

good for you? it occur to you that some of us might still be in a pretty bad way in that respect and people asking certain questions is kinda incredibly triggering and callous?

Yes there is something wrong with that. You'll just accept your life for what it is and do absolutely nothing about it to try and rectify things...

You said that it wasn't 'me' who got me my B in January? I can tell you right now, it was. Like I said, I'd of probably come out with a U or an E if I hadn't put work in...

And only you can do something about changing your mindset. You can't sit there and expect things to just 'change' randomly about it, you have to do something about it...
how long you live is luck as much as anything with it, you can have whatever mindset you like, doesn't generally change whether you live 6 days or 6 years though, sadly, I wish the world where that simple, I really do, but it's not.

In a way, yes - but your diet contributes ALOT to the amount of years you live.
Original post by LifeIsGood
I been feeling really low too lately remember?
But just try to see the positive side of things? In every obstacle - there's an oppoturnity.

that's kind of thing, with depression it's pretty much impossible to do that, that's kinda of why they give you meds and counselling and such...
Maybe because coupled with other small niggling problems, it has probably made it worse?

Not guilty, yer hon :colonhash:

Latest