We may have overstepped the mark...
Original post by LifeIsGood
What's going on?

Nothing much.. just a little tired.

Original post by Deyesy
We may have overstepped the mark...

understepped it imo.
Reply 9844
Infact. I should reword that. We did overstep the mark - at least with how we put our points across. I stand by what I said, just not how I came across.
Original post by Spontogical
Nothing much.. just a little tired.

understepped it imo.

Same, got such a bad headache today. Good news the heat will calm down from Thursday, welcome back rain :smile:

Why understepped?

Original post by Deyesy
Infact. I should reword that. We did overstep the mark - at least with how we put our points across. I stand by what I said, just not how I came across.

Don't think we said anything wrong and tbh it was just a waste of time looking back at it. I'd rather change myself than trying to change/help others from now on.
Reply 9846
Same, got such a bad headache today. Good news the heat will calm down from Thursday, welcome back rain :smile:

Why understepped?

Don't think we said anything wrong and tbh it was just a waste of time looking back at it. I'd rather change myself than trying to change/help others from now on.

Is it a waste of time trying to help people? This is where we'll disagree :tongue: Even if you can get through to just one person, it makes all the effort worth it - imho :smile:
Original post by Deyesy
Is it a waste of time trying to help people? This is where we'll disagree :tongue: Even if you can get through to just one person, it makes all the effort worth it - imho :smile:

This tbh; I think it is worth the effort helping some people. If I can help just one person in some grand way, my life will be complete.
Reply 9848
This tbh; I think it is worth the effort helping some people. If I can help just one person in some grand way, my life will be complete.

Exactly this. It's the reason why I've wanted to volunteer at Childline and is the reason why my LT ambition is to become a teacher. You won't get through to everyone in the world and just because you don't get through to one individual, doesn't mean you should give up trying to help people.

I hate, hate, hate giving up on people with an absolutely passion. It's the reason why I continually tried to get through to RainPours.
Original post by Deyesy

Usually I'd agree but I've really spent a lot of time and effort trying to help this guy out for too long now and it's getting tiresome. Plus I need to focus on myself before anyone else and if that seems selfish then I am but refuse to put my happiness before anybody else.
Original post by Deyesy
Exactly this. It's the reason why I've wanted to volunteer at Childline and is the reason why my LT ambition is to become a teacher. You won't get through to everyone in the world and just because you don't get through to one individual, doesn't mean you should give up trying to help people.

I hate, hate, hate giving up on people with an absolutely passion. It's the reason why I continually tried to get through to RainPours.

Agreed, it is also my lifetime ambition to be a teacher of some sort, promoting the idea of how to live balanced, healthy lives. Going to have my own organisation soon too. :biggrin:

It's hard to get through to a troll. :tongue:
Usually I'd agree but I've really spent a lot of time and effort trying to help this guy out for too long now and it's getting tiresome. Plus I need to focus on myself before anyone else and if that seems selfish then I am but refuse to put my happiness before anybody else.

Well you are right in that focusing on yourself is important - and none of us will be able to achieve our goals unless we do that to some degree.
Agreed, it is also my lifetime ambition to be a teacher of some sort, promoting the idea of how to live balanced, healthy lives. Going to have my own organisation soon too. :biggrin:

It's hard to get through to a troll. :tongue:

But you've already helped me so your life is fulfilled? :tongue:
You can help and there's no doubt in that but when people don't listen, I just give up. Plus I find a lot of people quite selfish I know personally, that's just my bad luck. I'll start giving when I feel stable enough, right now I need some toughening up.
Reply 9853

Knowing I've helped others makes me happy...
But you've already helped me so your life is fulfilled? :tongue:
You can help and there's no doubt in that but when people don't listen, I just give up. Plus I find a lot of people quite selfish I know personally, that's just my bad luck. I'll start giving when I feel stable enough, right now I need some toughening up.

Haha I guess you're right, at a personal level it is complete :tongue: I want to create something that will last forever :ahee:
Reply 9855
Want me to create the new thread since we're so close?
Original post by Deyesy
Knowing I've helped others makes me happy...

I understand. I try to help my friends in almost every situation but like I said, nobody was there for me when I desperately needed a shoulder to lean on. So I am a bit pessismistic of so-called 'friendships'. That's just me personally, I'll hopefully attract a better crowd in Uni but for the most part, I'm at my best when I'm on my own. [Introvert]
Original post by Deyesy
Want me to create the new thread since we're so close?

Yeah sounds good :yep:
Reply 9858
New thread!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2014862

I'll multi-quote everyone this time around after my revision, so they know there is one...
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest