The Student Room Group
Reply 9820
Original post by SciFiBoy
that's kind of thing, with depression it's pretty much impossible to do that, that's kinda of why they give you meds and counselling and such...

And counselling is client/patient focused - is it not?
Original post by Spontogical
In a way, yes - but your diet contributes ALOT to the amount of years you live.

well, diet obviously, but mindset won't help either way with something like cancer is my point.
I sense people are getting upset now. Would anyone listen to me if I said 'silence!'?
Original post by Deyesy
It might be blunt but it's true...

it's sexist and it's exactly the sentimentality that people used to bully me...so forgive me if I would rather find a solution that isn't quite as reviling to me.
Reply 9824
it's sexist and it's exactly the sentimentality that people used to bully me...so forgive me if I would rather find a solution that isn't quite as reviling to me.

She didn't mean to be sexist with what she said :facepalm: Surely, you should want to show - to the bullies at least, that they haven't won the battle?

Original post by LifeIsGood
It's tough but it's the truth right? The world isn't going to become nicer for you. You need to be able to take control of everything around you. That's what makes you a lot stronger mentally and emotionally.

Taken me a little while to get to that mindset but it certainly is :yep: We're not robots. We have control over our lives - if we want to that is. If you get kicked down to the ground - which will happen at points in everyone's lives, you've just got to dust yourself off and get back up...
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Deyesy
She didn't mean to be sexist with what she said :facepalm: Surely, you should want to show - to the bullies at least, that they haven't won the battle?

Thank you, I couldn't be bothered to explain it so ignored it :tongue:
Original post by Deyesy

Can I ask what you did to overcome the bullying years and how to control your lives? Inject some positivity into this thread.
****ing hell have some responsibility people....or do we need the mods in here :colonhash:
Reply 9828
Original post by morris743
****ing hell have some responsibility people....or do we need the mods in here :colonhash:

What? :facepalm:

????

Have I said something out of line?
Original post by Deyesy

I don't want to become like them in order to do that. I would rather find my own way than some bs misogynistic and arrogant attitude.
Not guilty, yer hon :colonhash:

:ahee: mozza

well, diet obviously, but mindset won't help either way with something like cancer is my point.

Hasn't really been scientifically proven yet, I've only seen it happen to one person but hmm ~ however I think the mind is incredibly powerful. There are somethings I know I can't do just be trying. Trying isn't enough. Working hard just isn't enough. Not in our society or generation oh no. It comes down to belief. I was trying to do a specific exercise the other day, trying to hold my knees on my elbow for a minute. I had practiced for over a week, but I just kept falling over and losing balance.. I wondered why. It was strange since I put in the required hours so I should be able to do it right?

The main problem was that at the back of my mind, I didn't believe that I could do it - and that's what was causing my failure. Over the years I have personally realised that, all the thoughts I have are externally created in the physical world. All the beliefs and opinions I have about myself, forms the basic mindset in how I approach my day to day activities. I was practically forced to change my mindset otherwise I would just keep living this pitiful life, simply existing with nowhere to go or having no reason for living what so ever.

Now the answer to problems in my opinion is NOT: "Be positive" or "be confident." ~ What if someone doesn't know HOW to be positive or confident? That being said, what is necessary is a complete mental paradigm shift, one where you decide to reform all previously held beliefs into new ones. I did this as a new years resolution and the results were personally, outstanding. Once I completed all the readings, exercises and what not - I became extremely confident (bordering teh's levels, if not beyond.) ~ now I just feel so powerful and have the idea and fact settled in my mind that there is nothing in this world I can't achieve and that I have nothing to be insecure about.

Damn, I've rambled and lost the main point of this post, sorry. :tongue:
Reply 9832
I don't want to become like them in order to do that. I would rather find my own way than some bs misogynistic and arrogant attitude.

Wait, wait, wait...

How on earth does believing you have control over your own life and wanting to succeed make you like 'a bully'? :lolwut:
Original post by TheMagicRat
You make it so difficult for anyone here to care about you.

We've given a lot of time to try to help him, not change but see things in another light.
Original post by Deyesy
Wait, wait, wait...

How on earth does believing you have control over your own life and wanting to succeed make you like 'a bully'? :lolwut:

that's not what I meant. it's more the attitude behind it. (edit) as the posts by themagicrat and lifeisgood kinda demonstrate.

this is becoming circular now and I need to eat :tongue:
Original post by Spontogical
:ahee: mozza

Hasn't really been scientifically proven yet, I've only seen it happen to one person but hmm ~ however I think the mind is incredibly powerful. There are somethings I know I can't do just be trying. Trying isn't enough. Working hard just isn't enough. Not in our society or generation oh no. It comes down to belief. I was trying to do a specific exercise the other day, trying to hold my knees on my elbow for a minute. I had practiced for over a week, but I just kept falling over and losing balance.. I wondered why. It was strange since I put in the required hours so I should be able to do it right?

The main problem was that at the back of my mind, I didn't believe that I could do it - and that's what was causing my failure. Over the years I have personally realised that, all the thoughts I have are externally created in the physical world. All the beliefs and opinions I have about myself, forms the basic mindset in how I approach my day to day activities. I was practically forced to change my mindset otherwise I would just keep living this pitiful life, simply existing with nowhere to go or having no reason for living what so ever.

Now the answer to problems in my opinion is NOT: "Be positive" or "be confident." ~ What if someone doesn't know HOW to be positive or confident? That being said, what is necessary is a complete mental paradigm shift, one where you decide to reform all previously held beliefs into new ones. I did this as a new years resolution and the results were personally, outstanding. Once I completed all the readings, exercises and what not - I became extremely confident (bordering teh's levels, if not beyond.) ~ now I just feel so powerful and have the idea and fact settled in my mind that there is nothing in this world I can't achieve and that I have nothing to be insecure about.

Damn, I've rambled and lost the main point of this post, sorry. :tongue:

Impossible! Well said though on everything else.
Original post by TheMagicRat
Impossible! Well said though on everything else.

Haha I know - his confidence is just too much, man. :tongue:
Reply 9837
I have revision to do...

^ This is where I have control over my life. If I choose to do none, I do worse in the exam tomorrow. Plain and simple. It's not anybody else's fault or the environment's fault. It's my fault if I do worse than I should tomorrow...
:moon:

Latest