The Student Room Group

Stalled on a single yellow

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Sammydemon
It just means that it will be for loading and disabled only. Forget traffic wardens, they don't really know/care what they are doing.

Thats the same with double yellows too though. For both double yellow lines and single yellows with no waiting at any time, you are allowed to load/unload for 40 mins and not park on them at any time. This sign seems redundant because it does the same job as double yellows.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by Ice Constricter
If they had video evidence instead of just pictures it'd look fairly obvious if a person's car broke down as opposed to them just parking there cause the driver would stand outside the car, look for help, open the bonnet etc.

Hmm but if you were say still in the car, trying to figure out what's wrong because it's a quite road and no other cars where nearby etc.

I'm playing devil's advocate here but I still don't know if a person was waiting at a give way for a couple of minutes and it seemed like they may have parked, would get a ticket via CCTV. Tricky situation
Original post by itsmyname
Hmm but if you were say still in the car, trying to figure out what's wrong because it's a quite road and no other cars where nearby etc.

I'm playing devil's advocate here but I still don't know if a person was waiting at a give way for a couple of minutes and it seemed like they may have parked, would get a ticket via CCTV. Tricky situation

Why don't you try it? Then come back with the consequences of what happened? It'll be really interesting :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending