The Student Room Group

How to join a sports or a social club at a university

Anyone know how I can join a sports or a social club at a university?
Reply 1
Usually via your student union website.
Original post by DaVader

Hey there @DaVader !
Check out your university's website for their welcome week events that they offer. Usually they will offer a Societies Fair and a Sports Societies Fair. Each team will have a table and you can approach them and sign onto it. They may have a social team and a regular team. For the regular team you'll have to take part in trials to get onto the team and you're expected to go every week. The social sports teams are non-obligatory and you can decide whether to go. There's also no matches to take part in like there is in the regular team.

Hope this helped!
Lucy - Digital Student Ambassador SHU
Original post by DaVader

Hi @DaVader,

First, I’d check your University’s Welcome Fair events. Usually, societies and clubs will have stalls set up to get people to join! If not, see if your university has a student union (online or on campus) and head there to see how you can sign up and what activities are available!

Hope this helps!

Estelle
Second Year Psychology Student
University of Huddersfield
Hi @DaVader,

I'd recommend checking your university website and social media pages for information about Welcome Week events, such as their Sports and Societies Fair and volunteering fair. They usually have stalls for you to sign up, and loads of taster sessions for you to attend and try out new things! If not, your university will likely have a student union and somewhere you can browse sport and social clubs (online and/or in-person).

Hope this helps!
Isabella
Original post by DaVader
Original post by DaVader

Hi,

Either through your Students' Union website or at your Students' Union reception if they have one.

Kind regards,
Juzer
Cov Uni Student Ambassador
Reply 6
Every single one of you has replied saying the exact same thing. Why?!
Original post by gjd800
Every single one of you has replied saying the exact same thing. Why?!

Official reps with a quota to fill ?
Reply 8
Original post by Mr Wednesday
Official reps with a quota to fill ?

It drives me mad, honestly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending