15/4/12 - Manchester United vs Aston Villa

vs

Manchester United vs Aston Villa
Barclays Premier League Matchday 33
Sunday, April 15 4pm
Old Trafford, Trafford.

Last five meetings:

Aston Villa 0-1 United (Jones 20')
United 3-1 Villa (Rooney 1', 45+1', Vidic 62; Bent 57')
Aston Villa 2-2 United (Young 72' p, Albrighton 76'; Macheda 81', Vidic 85')
Aston Villa 1-2 United (Milner 5' p, Owen 12', Rooney 74')
Aston Villa 1-1 United (Cuellar 19, Collins og 23')

Probable Team:

1. David DE GEA
3. Patrice EVRA
5. Rio FERDINAND
6. Jonny EVANS
10. Wayne ROONEY
16. Michael CARRICK
18. Ashley YOUNG
19. Danny WELBECK
21. RAFAEL
22. Paul SCHOLES
25. Antonio VALENCIA

Subs:

40. Ben AMOS
4. Phil JONES
11. Ryan GIGGS
12. Chris SMALLING
14. CHICHARITO
23. Tom CLEVERLEY
42. Paul POGBA

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm predicting a cricket score. Going to be a tough game. I fear we'll be on the end of a hiding after your loss to Wigan Athletic.

Not sure who we'll field with a few key players 50/50 (Delph, N'Zogbia, Cuellar, Warnock, Clark, Herd).

Park the bus lads.
Reply 2
Hoping we go on one of our traditional backlashes and tear villa apart. With Scholes coming back we'll have much more stability in midfield.
Reply 3
I think it depends how City do against Norwich tomorrow. We might get complacent if Norwich win or hold out for a draw.
Reply 4
Original post by Akkuz
Hoping we go on one of our traditional backlashes and tear villa apart. With Scholes coming back we'll have much more stability in midfield.

I can see this being the likely outcome. 3-1 United I'm afraid to say. I hope McLeish gives it a go and doesn't dish out the usual dross. I'd rather lose by 4/5 and see us actually try and get something than lose by 1 or 2 and not see us have a single shot.

Original post by JJames
I think it depends how City do against Norwich tomorrow. We might get complacent if Norwich win or hold out for a draw.

I think the title race is far from over. If City win and United (unlikely as it is) slip up again then it's all to play for.
Reply 5
Cant see City losing despite how banana skin-ish Norwich can be.

Hopefully Nani starts and is on good form. He looked up for it when he came on on Wednesday. As up for it as you can be with the way the rest of the team were playing. Looking forward to seeing Valencia & Nani on wings again :adore:
Reply 6
Original post by Tommyjw
Cant see City losing despite how banana skin-ish Norwich can be.

Hopefully Nani starts and is on good form. He looked up for it when he came on on Wednesday. As up for it as you can be with the way the rest of the team were playing. Looking forward to seeing Valencia & Nani on wings again :adore:

I reckon they'll win 2-0. Norwich are not to be underestimated but I feel their form from the Baggies game will carry through.

How do you feel about Ash Young? Sounds like you prefer Nani and Valencia.
Reply 7
How about Nani/Valenia on wings and Rooney playing up top with Young/Giggs playing off Rooney?

Although Giggs played poor in the last match, when he plays off the striker in that hole, he is usually fantastic.

Admittedly, I'm sure it'll be a straightforward 4-4-2 with Young/Valencia on the wings and Rooney/Welbeck up-front.
Reply 8
Original post by jackf1337

How do you feel about Ash Young? Sounds like you prefer Nani and Valencia.

Youngs fine but Nani & Valencia are the better wingers when on comparable forms.
Reply 9
Original post by Akkuz
How about Nani/Valenia on wings and Rooney playing up top with Young/Giggs playing off Rooney?

Although Giggs played poor in the last match, when he plays off the striker in that hole, he is usually fantastic.

Admittedly, I'm sure it'll be a straightforward 4-4-2 with Young/Valencia on the wings and Rooney/Welbeck up-front.

Young was awful playing off the striker at Villa. Tracked back too much, shooting was generally woeful and rarely scored (I think he only scored 2 goals that weren't penalties and squandered every freekick). Although he does hit a peach of a shot every so often.
Reply 10
I can't say i'm too optimistic of us pulling of an upset! We're playing some of the worst football of any team in the league, if watching my own team bores me, then I can't imagine how the fans of other teams feel watching us!

But as always, i'm fully behind them. Come on Villa!
Reply 11
Original post by Cll_ws
I can't say i'm too optimistic of us pulling of an upset! We're playing some of the worst football of any team in the league, if watching my own team bores me, then I can't imagine how the fans of other teams feel watching us!

But as always, i'm fully behind them. Come on Villa!

I think Wolves fans would be happy to swap with you.
But seriously, it does suck to see Villa keep giving away undeserved wins.
I reckon this game will be reasonably tight but nearer the end United will typically lead Villa to crumble, showing the resilience that we see from United so often.

Manchester United 3-1 Aston Villa
(Welbeck 21', Rooney 77', Valencia 82'; Albrighton 48')

I think it'll pan out like this ^
Reply 13
Villa to snatch a win.
SOTC UTV.
Reply 14
Macheda to snatch a last minute winner, anyone?

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 15
Villa to win.
De Gea
Rafael Rio Evans Evra
Valencia Scholes Carrick Nani
Rooney
Welbeck

Hopefully the lineup we should see. Must win game and I want to win it by a few goals.
Reply 17
Man Utd: De Gea, Evra, Ferdinand, Evans, Rafael, Carrick, Scholes, Young, Valencia, Rooney, Welbeck
Bench: Amos, Jones, Cleverley, Giggs, Nani, Berbatov, Hernandez

not confirmed
(edited 12 years ago)
Decent team, any Utd win will do.
As strong a team as it could be, good options on the bench too.

Quick Reply

Latest