The Student Room Group

AQA AS Physics A Unit 2 25/05/12 - PHYA2

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ReviseAlex
yess that rings a bell think i put 240 (2sf) hope its ok

I put them all to 2sf too because the values in the qeustion were! I hope we're right!!!
F***ed the optical fibre question and the phase difference question up. -_-
Reply 1322
Original post by Alex Newton
Wow i think i failed.....

I got the 0.088m for paralell extension, then doubled it for series, so i got something 0.18m

Is this all wrong?

and was the last question something about TV signals being polarised?

Also, any thoughts on grade bounderies??

That's what I did for the springs, dont know if its right, it's not what I did for the tv signal but I think ur right with that one
Original post by uxa595
lol, what?

HAving gone through the paper again, i know i've made 10 marks worth of mistakes minimum. But i suspect it may be closer to 14-17 marks due to slip ups i'm not seeing.

Do you lot think 53 will be enough for a low A which along with a modest estimate of 25UMS in my ISA, should easily give me a B

Is there a copy of the paper on here somewhere then??
anyone know where i can find a copy of the paper? i'd like to go through it again so i can see what mistakes i probably made.
Reply 1325
120 UMS

Unparseable latex formula:

[br]\begin{tabular}{|c|c|} \hline[br]Year & Mark /70 \\ \hline \hline[br]Jan 2009 & 61 \\ \hline[br]June 2009 & 70 \\ \hline[br]Jan 2010 & 60 \\ \hline[br]June 2010 & 57 \\ \hline[br]Jan 2011 & 62 \\ \hline[br]June 2011 & 59 \\ \hline[br]Jan 2012 & 58 \\ \hline[br]\end{tabular}[br]

Im sure the first question asked for the properties of vector and scalar not examples?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1327
Original post by milliezhao
Im sure the first question asked for the properties of vector and scalar not examples?

It was definitely examples. Otherwise it wouldn't have left 4 blank spaces for you to fill in.
Emm...I'm quite sure cos I looked at it very carefully, I didn't see "example" written anywhere....

And for the phase relationship I think X didnt lie on the maximum displacement, it was right in the middle and the antinode and node

for the phase relationships both out of phase because X was half way up for the wave, Y was somewhere down below and Z was at maximum displacement so X couldnt have been in phase with Y or Z?
Emm...I'm quite sure cos I looked at it very carefully, I didn't see "example" written anywhere....

... It was examples :L. Besides, what two properties could you write about a scalar? Has a magnitude and.....?
Original post by uxa595
Anyone posted the mark scheme yet?
I've got my hands on a test paper tho so i know roughly where i went right or wrong.

Can u please upload the first and the last big question?

Original post by adam17
... It was examples :L. Besides, what two properties could you write about a scalar? Has a magnitude and.....?

Dont have direction? Do u know how many marks altogether for that question?

Dont have direction? Do u know how many marks altogether for that question?

Not really a property, more a lack of a property but anyway :L, I think it was 3 marks.
Original post by adam17
Not really a property, more a lack of a property but anyway :L, I think it was 3 marks.

It was only 2 marks (1 for each correct pair I guess)
Original post by uxa595
lol, what?

HAving gone through the paper again, i know i've made 10 marks worth of mistakes minimum. But i suspect it may be closer to 14-17 marks due to slip ups i'm not seeing.

Do you lot think 53 will be enough for a low A which along with a modest estimate of 25UMS in my ISA, should easily give me a B

i think you'll get an A cos guesses are its gonna be 48 for an A ...and lol i cant believe you got question1 wrong :P still done better than me though :smile:
Reply 1337
I lost a ton of marks, hopefully unit 1 and the ISA can compensate. The only question I wanna ask about is the energy in the springs part and which combination had the most/least/same.

After some thought I concluded they had to have the same energy purley based on the fact that energy can't be created or destroyed and since they were in equillibrium, the reaction force had to be the same as the force acting vertically down which was 15N.

Regardless of extension, if the input force was 15N on both combinations, even if spring constants were different, surley the force stored in the springs would be the same. Please enlighten me if I'm incorrect because most of you chose series (wrote that down first too :colondollar:)

If everyone was as put off by the exam as I was then the grade boundries may go down but who knows! Gl everyone :biggrin:
I hope 45 for an A

I hope 45 for an A

now that is low! lol this makes me happy although i think it would be a bit unlikely :|

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending