The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

UAL - Bernard Myers - CCW ??!!

hello everybody!!

i just got offered an accommodation at Bernard Myers, i will be studying the CCW foundation course..!!! Anyone else?? :smile:

i have heard a lot of negative review about bernard myers and the surrounding area, camberwell... anyone know how bad it can get, if the stories are true?? the reviews i read were pretty old from 2007, 2008... have the conditions improved since then?

also, does anyone know how are the flats in bernard myers? i had asked for a studio flat, but was offered a standard one - are the standard flats en-suite??
is the area surrounding bernard myers nice??

students from the 2011-2012 CCW foundation course - can anyone share how the course was..??

thanx in advance :smile: :smile:
meee! i've heard that the area has improved a lot in the past five years or so, i wouldn't worry too much about incidents that far in the past. and yeah, all the rooms are en-suite! it's just a ten minute walk in a straight line from the CCW building, so it's a really convenient location.
i'm in block D flat 216, you? :biggrin:

also, there's a facebook group for people staying at bernard myers here - http://www.facebook.com/groups/124526951004516/
(edited 12 years ago)
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
hey beccafairy!! thanxs for replying!! :biggrin:

yay!! ccw foundation!! it looks like it's going to be a good course... do u know anybody who attended this course last year, or have you heard about how it actually is?

r u in a standard room?? i haven't been able to come down to london and check out the accommodations...i did view the virtual tour, but couldn't completely understand whether the standard rooms are really small, or are they big enough and bearable? :P

it's a shame foundation people can't be at camberwell campus!! it looks great... it was my first preference and i had applied for it within a few minutes after applications started.... well anyways, i am glad to hear that the area around bernard myers has improved and that i at least got my second preference..!! :biggrin:

haven't received a room number yet!! still need to send my accommodation conformation form to the unite group... :smile: will let u know once i know!!! can't wait for september!!! :biggrin: see you then... :P
Original post by snehajoshi2093
hey beccafairy!! thanxs for replying!! :biggrin:

yay!! ccw foundation!! it looks like it's going to be a good course... do u know anybody who attended this course last year, or have you heard about how it actually is?

r u in a standard room?? i haven't been able to come down to london and check out the accommodations...i did view the virtual tour, but couldn't completely understand whether the standard rooms are really small, or are they big enough and bearable? :P

it's a shame foundation people can't be at camberwell campus!! it looks great... it was my first preference and i had applied for it within a few minutes after applications started.... well anyways, i am glad to hear that the area around bernard myers has improved and that i at least got my second preference..!! :biggrin:

haven't received a room number yet!! still need to send my accommodation conformation form to the unite group... :smile: will let u know once i know!!! can't wait for september!!! :biggrin: see you then... :P

a few people on here just finished at CCW, if you look on the art foundation thread you should be able to find some posts about it. :smile:

yep, standard here! i went to a viewing, and yeah they're quite small, but you get a three quarter sized bed and the kitchens for the flats are nice and big so that kinda makes up for it.

i know, exactly the same thing happened to me! it's really unfair that they didn't put that information anywhere as a lot of people's accommodation is now messed up, we're the lucky ones to still be able to live so close haha :tongue:

once you fill it out they send you a tenancy letter with all the details about your room so it's pretty exciting, i can't wait either!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending