The Student Room Group

UAL csm foundation diploma or University of greenwich/westminster first year

I have recieved offers from UAL foundation, Greenwich first year (architecture) and westminster first year ( architecture). However i never studied art at gcse or A level so i have decided to go for UAL foundation. However i wanted to hear opinions on this.
UAL seems like the best choice for me personally since i have always wanted to go there. In addition to this, since i am under 19, the foundation tuition is free for me. completing the foundation year also guarantees me a space in UAL,( albiet possibly not in architecture) and the course will give me the chance to heavily improve my portfolio, which only consists of freehand drawings and photograhy at the moment.
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by olops student
I have recieved offers from UAL foundation, Greenwich first year (architecture) and westminster first year ( architecture). However i never studied art at gcse or A level so i have decided to go for UAL foundation. However i wanted to hear opinions on this

Did you have to submit a portfolio for any of your applications?
Reply 2
Original post by normaw
Did you have to submit a portfolio for any of your applications?

yes i had to submit my portfolio online for UAL foundation but greenwich and westminster were in person portfolio interviews
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by olops student
yes i had to submit my portfolio online for UAL foundation but greenwich and westminster were in person portfolio interviews

If you have had offers based on your portfolio it suggests that your creative skill are strong enough for the course. However, if you feel that doing the foundation year will build your confidence, then go with UAL but be aware that you will face an additional year of tuition fees and living costs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending