The Student Room Group

Snooker

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sil3nt_cha0s
Compared to other countries, the UK is **** at encouraging young people to excel in sport and giving them the best training to do so. Kind of a shame really. China are taking control of the sport because we're too lazy here in the UK.

Too true. As someone who wants to 'get into' the game and get to a semi competitive standard i've been surprised at the lack of options there is to play. Clubs here are fairly expensive, £6 - 7 an hour is fine if your having a game with a mate but i cant afford a couple of hours practice on my own at that price. Cant even get a cheap deal in the day time when the clubs are deserted.
Big frame this as Ronnie goes 9-5, Ali must get the next frame otherwise a runaway is on the cards,

If Ali can restrict a lead to 10-7 then its a task but surmountable one, should Ronnie get an 11-6 or 12-5 lead then you have to say its a matter of when rather than if.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Wildfire
Ronnie not playing that well in this session IMO. He's needing 2-3 chances at least to win a frame, safety play could be better...but he still holds a 9-5 lead. Carter better up his game, it will get worse.
I think hearn should make special rules for ronnie. Let him pick the tournaments he wants to go to and make it the top 15 + ronnie. When the other players complain tell them that the rule is for people who make 147's in under 6 mins and applies to everyone so is actually perfectly fair.
I dont like the way Carter is playing ... Not really enjoying that messy safety by Carter just to cling onto the frame
Original post by UnknownPerson
I dont like the way Carter is playing ... Not really enjoying that messy safety by Carter just to cling onto the frame

He's refusing a lot of pots and playing negatively. Definitely the Ebdon influence there. He's lucky Ronnie isn't actually playing that well this session.
Original post by silent ninja
He's refusing a lot of pots and playing negatively. Definitely the Ebdon influence there. He's lucky Ronnie isn't actually playing that well this session.

Exactly .. I dont know why he is under Ebdon's influence because Ebdon hasn't really performed all that well in this tournament ... Ronnie starts of the session well but as soon as Carter's messy play comes into play Ronnie just loses the plot
Exactly .. I dont know why he is under Ebdon's influence because Ebdon hasn't really performed all that well in this tournament ... Ronnie starts of the session well but as soon as Carter's messy play comes into play Ronnie just loses the plot

tumblr_lxnkewONhD1qk81b6o1_400.jpg

Except saruman is tons cooler than ebdon.

Doing an audley.
Original post by green.tea
tumblr_lxnkewONhD1qk81b6o1_400.jpg

Except saruman is tons cooler than ebdon.

Doing an audley.

I dont know if you guys heard Ebdon talking about some carrot juice that he got Carter to drink before the start of the first session .. i was sat there watching the interview thinking wtffff!!!
Didn't realise there were 9 frames this session. Noice.
Carter's got this moody bitchy look on his face too often whenever he's in a pickle. The kind of look that says "why me?!?! Again??" Just get on with it you bitch, everyone concedes flukes.
Carter's got this moody bitchy look on his face too often whenever he's in a pickle. The kind of look that says "why me?!?! Again??" Just get on with it you bitch, everyone concedes flukes.

I didnt watch Carter play in the Semi-Final but by watching him play i can tell how me must have crawled his way into the Finals ... An Absolutely RUBBISH player ...

PS: This is not me saying this because I am a Ronnie fan; I say this because he is a nightmare to even watch
I didnt watch Carter play in the Semi-Final but by watching him play i can tell how me must have crawled his way into the Finals ... An Absolutely RUBBISH player ...

PS: This is not me saying this because I am a Ronnie fan; I say this because he is a nightmare to even watch

He's usually quite fluid and natural, a good player to watch. It's all just a bit too calculated and forced atm. His tactics are on display and it's just not his style of play IMO.
good shot ronnie :biggrin:

Doesn't matter how you get there. Having said that, it's not working as well as it did in previous matches, notably the latter stages of the Trump match. If he doesn't win the last frame I don't give him a chance tomorrow.
10-7. Ronnie let him off the hook big time. Let's hope it doesn't haunt him.
10-7. Ronnie let him off the hook big time. Let's hope it doesn't haunt him.

It wont. If he was any more chilled he'd be asking them to bring out a deck chair.
I reckon Steve Davis hit the nail on the head there. I think Ronnie's pretty satisfied to just win each session by the odd frame, obviously take the chances when they come, and just coast to victory. Ali probably thinks he has a chance, but in reality he doesn't really have much of a chance. Ronnie's in like 2nd/3rd gear and could easily shift up the gears when/if necessary.
Carter should never have got past Judd Trump. He's obviously trying to bore Ronnie out of it by playing loads of safety's. Problem being that he's a fairly average safety player.
Reply 299
Original post by sil3nt_cha0s
I reckon Steve Davis hit the nail on the head there. I think Ronnie's pretty satisfied to just win each session by the odd frame, obviously take the chances when they come, and just coast to victory. Ali probably thinks he has a chance, but in reality he doesn't really have much of a chance. Ronnie's in like 2nd/3rd gear and could easily shift up the gears when/if necessary.

Agreed.

Quick Reply

Latest