The Student Room Group
University of York
York

University of York Applicants 2023

Hi!

Welcome to the York applicant thread for 2023!

Here's a great place to chat about your application and ask any questions you might have about York :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by University of York
Hi!

Welcome to the York applicant thread for 2023!

Here's a great place to chat about your application and ask any questions you might have about York

Hi! I was just wondering when York normally starts sending out offers?
University of York
York
I got my offer 22/10/21! (I’ve deferred since then)
Original post by anonymous5959

What have you applied for? I have applied for chemistry
Original post by aj_11_04
What have you applied for? I have applied for chemistry

hey! i have applied for history
Original post by anonymous5959

Hi,

Glad to hear you've applied for history! The deadline for equal consideration at York is 25 January. All this means is after the 25 of January, you can still apply, but your application may not receive the same amount of consideration as those sent before. That means York tends to start sending out applications around January time. For more information, check out our application timeline page for other deadlines, or contact our admissions team at [email protected].

Hope this helps!
Sam :smile:
Hi!
I have applied for Bsc Biochemistry with predicted grades A*A*A and A in EPQ!
Original post by sophhhlx
Hi!
I have applied for Bsc Biochemistry with predicted grades A*A*A and A in EPQ!

Hi there,

It's great to hear that you have applied to study at York :smile:

Our typical offer for BSc Biochemistry is AAB including grade A in Chemistry, plus a second science (we accept the following subjects as a second science: Biology, Further Mathematics, Geology, Mathematics, Physical Education, Physics or Statistics).

Sounds like you'll be in with a good chance to receive an offer from us!

Best of luck,

Hannah :smile:
Hi :smile:I have applied for Natural Sciences with predicted A*A*A*
Reply 9
I just got an offer for york for an MChem in Chemistry, Biological and Medicinal Chemistry with a year abroad with the provision that i attend a pre-offer day, Does anyone know how many people usually turn up to these events?
Original post by Cyion
I just got an offer for york for an MChem in Chemistry, Biological and Medicinal Chemistry with a year abroad with the provision that i attend a pre-offer day, Does anyone know how many people usually turn up to these events?

Congratulations! I’m applying for the same course but with a year in industry but my sixth form still haven’t sent my application yet, I’m guessing that there will be a lot of people going but I’m unsure
hi! when do york usually send psychology offers? i've sent off my application and have had offers from most places but i really want to go york !
hey! I've applied for law at York! just got a confirmation email saying ''Due to the high volume of applications that we are currently receiving, we will be assessing applications and inviting eligible applicants to complete the self-assessment task from the 25th January 2023 UCAS on-time application deadline.'' so think I might be waiting a while to hear back which sort of sucks!
Hi! Ive applied for natural sciences and predicted A*A*A :smile:
Original post by arti_k
Hi! Ive applied for natural sciences and predicted A*A*A :smile:

Hello fellow NatSci applicant! What other unis have you applied to? :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
i've applied for psychology at york - really hope to hear something soon !
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by coolcat24
Hello fellow NatSci applicant! What other unis have you applied to? :smile:

Hi!! Ive applied for cambridge, durham, york, exeter and keele! Wbu? :biggrin:
Original post by Cyion

Hi,

Firstly congrats on getting an offer! We look forward to meeting you soon. Secondly, those days tend to be limited on numbers. Generally 30 per day with each attendant having up to 2 guests. Hope that helps but if you're looking for more info, feel free to email at [email protected].

Thanks,
Sam
Has anyone received an offer for Genetics yet ?
Hi just received an interview for physics with astrophysics! does anyone have any advice?
do they ask more physics and maths questions or personal questions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending