The Student Room Group

Snooker

Scroll to see replies

I'll believe that when I see him at the Crucible on April 20th

Just came in to post that but you beat me to it! Got caught up reading..

Nice to see him back defending, hope he can give it a good shot!
Original post by Matthew_Lowson
I'll believe that when I see him at the Crucible on April 20th

You'll see him there. It's an even bigger challenge for him and for him he needs to up the stakes to keep interests, having not played in any tournaments since the last Worlds, bar a PTC where he got beat, he's certainly upping the stakes if he's intended to defend it.
You reckon China will delay the nuclear apocalypse until after the wc? Do they know O'Sullivan's playing?
Qualifiers now over. The 2013 World Championship gets underway on Saturday

Round 1 Draw - All matches are Best of 19 Frames
(1) Ronnie O'Sullivan 10-4 Marcus Campbell
(16) Ali Carter 10-4 Ben Woollaston
(9) Stuart Bingham 10-2 Sam Baird
(8) John Higgins 6-10 Mark Davis
(5) Shaun Murphy 10-5 Martin Gould
(12) Graeme Dott 10-6 Peter Ebdon
(13) Matthew Stevens 7-10 Marco Fu
(4) Judd Trump 10-5 Dominic Dale
(3) Neil Robertson 5-4 Robert Milkins
(14) Ricky Walden 10-1 Michael Holt
(11) Mark Williams 6-10 Michael White
(6) Stephen Maguire 9-10 Dechawat Poomjaeng
(7) Mark Allen 8-10 Mark King
(10) Ding Junhui 10-5 Alan McManus
(15) Barry Hawkins 10-3 Jack Lisowski
(2) Mark Selby 10-4 Matthew Selt
(edited 11 years ago)
Aww ****ing hell. White mustve lost to Milkins.

Really looking forward to this wc.
The future for the sport isnt bright here in the UK, but it's booming in china.
True. There are more tournaments now in China. I think there are five ranking tournaments there. I think we're heading towards the World Championship being there at some point. I reckon it will be a rotation system with Sheffield. So, one year in Sheffield, one year in China...
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by green.tea
Aww ****ing hell. White mustve lost to Milkins.

Really looking forward to this wc.

Indeed, 10-5 - gave it a go but Milkins was a bit too strong. Still a good run from White in winning two rounds.
Not going to the Crucible this year sadly but I look forward to following it on TV :smile:
Original post by Tactical Nuclear Penguin
Not going to the Crucible this year sadly but I look forward to following it on TV :smile:

That's a pity. You should come up from Loughborough for the day :smile:

I've only got one ticket so far - I think it has got a little too expensive recently compared to just a few years ago that I think the other events, namely the UK Championships and the Qualifiers (which are £10 all day affairs until the last round which is £12.50) are much better value for money.

That said there's plenty to do around the Crucible if you don't have a ticket. There is a big screen up in Tudor Square, The Graduate Pub and the Monk will be streaming both matches each session, plus the BBC Studio is in the Winter Gardens as is the Cue Zone

Looking forward to it
That's a pity. You should come up from Loughborough for the day :smile:

I've only got one ticket so far - I think it has got a little too expensive recently compared to just a few years ago that I think the other events, namely the UK Championships and the Qualifiers (which are £10 all day affairs until the last round which is £12.50) are much better value for money.

That said there's plenty to do around the Crucible if you don't have a ticket. There is a big screen up in Tudor Square, The Graduate Pub and the Monk will be streaming both matches each session, plus the BBC Studio is in the Winter Gardens as is the Cue Zone

Looking forward to it

I am very tempted to come up actually just to see the 'buzz' and to go in a few of my favourite pubs! (i.e. Sheffield Tap, Kelham Island Tavern etc) :tongue:
Snooker used to be an great retreat for me until they closed my local club, haven't played since. This thread has reminded me of how much I used to enjoy it, need to get back. Can't fully remember my highest break but I kind of remember it being a fluke of a high score.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hope Campbell knocks O'Sullivan out in the first round. I can dream.
The world championship is coming soon! it begins on April 20th and ends on May 6th. I hope it will be air in German TV in the next weeks. I look forward to interesting duels.
(edited 11 years ago)
Qualifiers now over. The 2013 World Championship gets underway on Saturday

Round 1 Draw - All matches are Best of 19 Frames
(1) Ronnie O'Sullivan v Marcus Campbell
(16) Ali Carter v Ben Woollaston
(9) Stuart Bingham v Sam Baird
(8) John Higgins v Mark Davis
(5) Shaun Murphy v Martin Gould
(12) Graeme Dott v Peter Ebdon
(13) Matthew Stevens v Marco Fu
(4) Judd Trump v Dominic Dale
(3) Neil Robertson v Robert Milkins
(14) Ricky Walden v Michael Holt
(11) Mark Williams v Michael White
(6) Stephen Maguire v Dechawat Poomjaeng
(7) Mark Allen v Mark King
(10) Ding Junhui v Alan McManus
(15) Barry Hawkins v Jack Lisowski
(2) Mark Selby v Matthew Selt

There are nice matches in the first round. By the way how many competitors compete against each other in the first round? 64?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by The Mad Dog
Hope Campbell knocks O'Sullivan out in the first round. I can dream.

Sacrilege! I'm personally hoping O'Sullivan strolls in and wins the whole thing.
Ronnie looks in sick form already, watch out all the other players!

Posted from TSR Mobile
When can O'Sullivan and Trump meet?

Quick Reply

Latest