The Student Room Group

Snooker

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bubzeh
Had 10/1 Murphy before the event. He's sooo boring but he's dedicated and says / does all the right things.

True professional.

Yeah. And he's being saying/doing them for so long that we all now know what the right things are. So he needn't actually do/say anything at all.
Original post by green.tea
Yeah. And he's being saying/doing them for so long that we all now know what the right things are. So he needn't actually do/say anything at all.

Not 100 percent sure what you're trying to say but in summary, over the last few months I've seen change in Murphy and that's what made me bet big on him.

Personally love Judd and want him to win every single year for the next 20 years.
Original post by Bubzeh
Not 100 percent sure what you're trying to say but in summary, over the last few months I've seen change in Murphy and that's what made me bet big on him.

Personally love Judd and want him to win every single year for the next 20 years.

I mean that if all you do in any scenario is say what you should say in that scenario, and people know what should be said in that scenario, there's no point in saying it. At least "I'm so jealous of O'Sullivan. It really eats away at me the way I behave as my mum told me and he does and says what he wants and is more popular than me. I saw Maguire smoking in his dressing room so am gonna snitch to the ref." would be entertaining.
(edited 8 years ago)
I mean that if all you do in any scenario is say what you should say in that scenario, and people know what should be said in that scenario, there's no point in saying it.

Well no, becuase if he hadn't have said it, then I wouldn't have backed him and it would have come as a surprise to most.
Because he has a track record of being a complete ****. Always the first to have a go at O'Sullivan for the terrible crime of being who he is and expressing how he feels, saying it's "unprofessional" and bad for snooker whilst whining that people prefer Ronnie to him and his utterly false public persona/thinly disguised envy of O'Sullivans popularity.

I don't know the background of Murphy's true character, but it does not matter to me. I am judging players by their skills, not by characters. Even if he is an obnoxious smugness as you said, he is an one in a good form at least.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by moment of truth
If Murphy gets away in the first 2 sessions then it is gonna be incredibly hard for Bingham to come back. Say at the end of the day he is leading 10-6 or 11-5, I can't see a way back for Bingham.

Thank god, it did not come true. Its 9-8 for Murphy, very close and everything is possible for Bngham. Latter is better than I thought. No matter whether he will win against Murphy or not, he has played a great world championship so far.
Original post by Kallisto
Thank god, it did not come true. Its 9-8 for Murphy, very close and everything is possible for Bngham. Latter is better than I thought. No matter whether he will win against Murphy or not, he has played a great world championship so far.

Gonna be a close final, it seems. Credit to Bingham for the way he has played. Murphy has missed quite a few long shots, which is quite surprising, but he will probably come back tomorrow and be more consistent with them.
Wow, I am impressed with Stuart Bingham's play. He has almost played a maximum, in a world championship final!! great, he is really at his best and even above. Hope that Murphy plays better in the fourth and last session now. It must be thrilling! :smile:
Let's finish this off Stuart :smile:
Original post by Andy Ftw

Gonna be hard! I am actually rooting for him, at the beginning I didn't think he had a chance, but he has shown how good he is playing.
Gonna be hard! I am actually rooting for him, at the beginning I didn't think he had a chance, but he has shown how good he is playing.

Totally agree, but what better way to beat Ronnie then Judd then Shaun! To think he's only been past the 2R once before this year as well :eek:

Well, actually I was a neutral spectator at the beginning, but the longer the match lasts, the more I am for Bingham.

Good? that is understated by far! he is awesome! brilliant! there is no word to put his play in a nutshell. Did you watch his 102 break some frames before? how did he make it? incredible! I mean that was not a good table to do a century break, but he did it! I don't get it. He was always - excuse me, if I am a bit harsh - a follower at every single tournament in my view, a good player, but not a superior one like O'Sullivan or Robertson to name but a few. What is his secret? did he become an O'Sullivan overnight at once? I am not kidding you! it seems that Bingham has turned into an O'Sullivan before the world championship, he is so awesome! I can't remember me that he has ever played such a good and constant snooker.

Totally agree, but what better way to beat Ronnie then Judd then Shaun! To think he's only been past the 2R once before this year as well :eek:

He has it completely deserved to become the champion! someone like Bingham who is able to eliminate one of the greatest snooker players has the image of a winner.
(edited 8 years ago)
Murphy back in it now!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Motorbiker
Murphy back in it now!!!

Right, but what a series of snooker Bingham played! he puts Murphy thorugh the mill. Bingham is fantastic.
Right, but what a series of snooker Bingham played! he puts Murphy thorugh the mill. Bingham is fantastic.

Binghams tactical play had been awesome. He well deserves the title.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Binghams tactical play had been awesome. He well deserves the title.

17-15, Bingham is very close to win! Murphy needs three frames in a row to become the champion. But I would not be surprised, if the next frame is not the last one.
17-15, Bingham is very close to win! Murphy needs three frames in a row to become the champion. But I would not be surprised, if the next frame is not the last one.

I thought it was first to seventeen. Almost went to bed.

These last two games have been great.

Luckiest red ever. Lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
A monster 64min frame that Bingham. Reds have opened up for Bingham - hope and he should complete the job.
Feel like Murphy has kind of gave up.

Also how mentally exhausting must it be to remain so concentrated for so such a long period of time.
(...)
Luckiest red ever. Lol.

You are so right. That is the fluke of the year, if you ask me. :laugh:

Quick Reply

Latest