The Student Room Group

Mature student- How likely is it il get place doing HND at college? Deadling passed

Im 22, so finished my A-levels 4years ago now.

I got a Double Pass award doing Travel&Toruism Level 3 Btec. (80 ucas points)
and
Got a D in Law AS Level. (30 ucas points.)

Ive applied to do the Public Services Management HND course at Brooklands College.
Deadline for application was 15th January (I only decided to do it in early March, and so applied approx 3weeks ago in late March)
And entry requirement is minimum 2 Ds at A-level.

My 1st question is how likely do you think it is that this course will be fully booked already,
and so they wont even consider my application as its after the deadline?

(I was assuming that i would likely be the only external applicant for this course, as all the other applicants would be people who did the Public Services Btec course at that college for the last 2years, and so were now progressing on to the HND)

2nd question is are my college grades sufficient enough to qualify me a place on this course.
As ive only got 110 ucas points, wheras the minimum requirement is 2 Ds at A-level (which would equate to 120points), although they dont specify the requirement in point only in number of A-levels.

And 3rd question is approx when will i hear back from them if ive been granted an interview/place on this course or not?
I applied 3weeks ago, and unlike all other applicants who dont get their grades till August, i was able to supply them with my grades upfront, which i thought would make things go faster.

Do they always reply to your application to reject you even if you apply after the deadline though?
Or could just not bother considering/responding to late apps?

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending