The Student Room Group

Runescape

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Timor
that game nearly ruined my life...
wasted so many hours on that crappy game, played it so much that it sort of became a bad habbit.. would play like 5+ hours a day

best game moment was when i got 600m from a drop party.

It's a bit sad really that 7 years of that game only got me £700 cash when i sold everything...

£700 dafuq , you sure you dont mean £70 . how exactly did you do it ? . I have a wow account that should be pretty valuable but I didnt know accounts would sell for that much :eek:
Original post by Jack93o
did anyone see runecsape being advertised on TV today or recently?

Yeah I saw it yesterday it advertised the game much better than how it is , then again I havent played it in like 5 years and never got past the tutorial stage xD. Once I saw them giant rats and how crap the graphics were I was like .... ok back to wow.
Reply 582
Original post by Jaegon Targaryen
£700 dafuq , you sure you dont mean £70 . how exactly did you do it ? . I have a wow account that should be pretty valuable but I didnt know accounts would sell for that much :eek:

i had a really rare name, had really good stats for pking, bank worth was a little over 2b. this was quite a while back though.
anyone spare any money for someone getting back into the game? PM me :biggrin:
this game is pathetic.
Reply 585
Original post by Ilyas
this game is pathetic.

Like the people aged 18+ who play

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Wildfire S A510e
Reply 586
I still occasionally play it, provides me with good entertainment. :smile:

Poll names remind me of the Malcolm in the Middle theme song/intro, too
Original post by Skeppy

hey man, i'm 24 and the ONLY game I play on ANY console is runescape (and occasionally madden's nfl) :cool:
Reply 588
Original post by Stevo112
hey man, i'm 24 and the ONLY game I play on ANY console is runescape (and occasionally madden's nfl) :cool:

The problem with that is you probs spend more time playing runescape than i do playing cod,halo and gears 3 put together

Original post by Sensy
I still occasionally play it, provides me with good entertainment. :smile:

Poll names remind me of the Malcolm in the Middle theme song/intro, too

Can you repeat the queeeeeeeeeeeeeeeestion?
Original post by Skeppy
The problem with that is you probs spend more time playing runescape than i do playing cod,halo and gears 3 put together

I play about 20 hours a month
I got back into this game after my GCSE's.. Like SERIOUSLY back into it :/ it has this addictive element to it, and, Lord knows why, I find myself spending countless hours playing it... Although the bot gives me ample time to do other things :biggrin:
Original post by Stevo112
I play about 20 hours a month

At first glance, i thought you said a week.. And i was like :eek:

Although I'm sure there are people out there that play that much... I guess they're the living definition of 'square eyes'...
Original post by lebron_23
At first glance, i thought you said a week.. And i was like :eek:

Although I'm sure there are people out there that play that much... I guess they're the living definition of 'square eyes'...

I heard an interview with s u o m i where he said he played between 10 and 15 hours every day. He has a total gameplay time of over 915 days.
Anyone got spare cash for someone getting back into it?
I've been to RuneFest 2010, RuneFest 2011, MCM Expo, London Player Meetup Jan 2011 & Alton Towers Player Meetup June 2012.

Two years work on the above...

Currently part of Clan Leadership for a clan called Spirits of Arianwyn.

I'm 18 and have played this since I was 14.
Original post by Skeppy

Real pathetic :wink:*

*This comment came from somebody 18+

I'd rather be playing in a mature world of which there was an age limit to get away from the kids who gamble for ingame GP or the spambots! Edit: Also the kids who start arguments over anything, we're online and in the real world not in the playground or classroom aha.
Reply 597
Original post by Roving Fish
Real pathetic :wink:*

*This comment came from somebody 18+

I'd rather be playing in a mature world of which there was an age limit to get away from the kids who gamble for ingame GP or the spambots! Edit: Also the kids who start arguments over anything, we're online and in the real world not in the playground or classroom aha.

Yes because its so common to find over 18s on RS isnt it. Pathetic nerd

Oh dear, my bf recently got me to start playing the game and now I'm worried about it ruining my life thanks to you guys :facepalm: haha, but I think I'll be okay since I only log on once every two weeks or so.

I will be okay, won't I? :frown:
Reply 599
I remember playing this **** throughout my GCSEs, it was ****ing terrible, me and my friends would go straight home from school and play till about 9/10. It was so addicting, haven't played in 2 years though and hopefully won't be playing anytime in the future. Oh, and the Runescape advert literally made me cringe...

Quick Reply

Latest