The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alexsong
Are you on silvers ? season tickets have been price froze :cool: but everything else has gone up to cover that by the look of it

I'm on red. I was talking generally, even if it doesn't effect me.

Also:

Jack Wilshere may not be fit for next season

I knew he wouldn't be here for this season but to miss the start of next season...
Reply 181
Original post by jilebinator
I'm on red. I was talking generally, even if it doesn't effect me.

Also:

Jack Wilshere may not be fit for next season

I knew he wouldn't be here for this season but to miss the start of next season...

I think/ hope Wenger's only saying it so that he doesn't go to the olympics.
Reply 182
Original post by 419
I think/ hope Wenger's only saying it so that he doesn't go to the olympics.

I would suspect that's the case, tbh. :holmes:
oh yh I forgot that walcott got injured
Reply 184
He actually means he might not be fit for the start of the pre-season activities and how he doesn't want to set a definitive date because of the affect it has on Wilshere when he doesn't make them..
I hear we are to play man city in the pre season???
When Wenger said last summer that Wilshere would definitely be back in September, I didn't know he meant in 2012 lol.

Anyway, a win against Stoke is a must. We need to prove how far we've come from last season and this is the best indicator.

I still feel a draw is the most likely result. We have struggled recently against teams that sit behind the ball.
We are being linked with Lukaku. To take him on loan for next season.
Reply 188

That would be odd to say the least... Unless we had an option to buy. Otherwise, we'd just be training him up for Chelsea at best.

He's going to Werder Bremen on loan as a part of Marin deal to Chelsea.

Plus, Wenger would never take him on loan. We have Van Persie and Podolski now and we still have Park Chu Young (who personally will be staying), not to mention a certain Afobe waiting in the ranks. Highly doubt we'd take someone else's youngster on loan when we have our own waiting for first team opportunities.
Arsenal team to face Stoke: Szczesny, Sagna, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Song, Ramsey, Rosicky, Gervinho, Van Persie, Benayoun

Decent I guess.
Reply 191
Original post by Numan786
I hear we are to play man city in the pre season???

Yep, in Asia to boost the profiles of both clubs.
Original post by Nut.
Yep, in Asia to boost the profiles of both clubs.

City are going to sign a token Asian player before the tie. ....
Reply 193
Original post by Kevmeister
City are going to sign a token Asian player before the tie. ....

Maybe Wenger can persuade them to make a £40 million bid for Park rather than RVP? :teeth:
Original post by Nut.
Maybe Wenger can persuade them to make a £40 million bid for Park rather than RVP? :teeth:

But then you won't have a token Asian player. :sadnod:

Buy Kagawa :teeth:

Ryo Miyaichi?
Original post by Darth Vader 7
When Wenger said last summer that Wilshere would definitely be back in September, I didn't know he meant in 2012 lol.

Anyway, a win against Stoke is a must. We need to prove how far we've come from last season and this is the best indicator.

I still feel a draw is the most likely result. We have struggled recently against teams that sit behind the ball.

haven't we always had this problem?
Original post by internet tough guy
haven't we always had this problem?

Not really. To be honest, the majority of teams do sit behind the ball when playing us. We wouldn't be third if we weren't able to penetrate teams that did that. However, we have struggled recently but there is also the fact that we've managed to make chances against Wigan and Chelsea and have hit the bar numerous times in those fixtures.

:smile:

Latest