The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by queenjaneapproximately
Exactly, I'm not so much pissed off about the match as I am about the commentating. Wow, English football and English media just really despises and hates Arsenal. Screaming for penalties and fouls for the other side, showing almost no highlights but mocking Wenger on match of the day (would **** their pants even thinking about mocking Fergie), pure jealousy and xenophobia like no other. Britain should **** off out of the EU

Why are you acting like such a douche?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Numan786
just shows how important walcott and arteta are. is it me or are the norwich players physical like stoke but less

I'm sick of people saying we're missing arteta and walcott. Lets be honest Walcott goes absent in half the games he plays in and in the games where he does actually contribute, 70% of the time is unproductive. As for Arteta, he's an average-good player who mostly sits in the middle making ordinary passes, hes certainly not a fabregas or a RvP, if we can't win games without players like him then the problem lies with the team itself.

So the truth as to why we're been so **** lately is not because we're missing these average-esque players, rather, its due to the fact that RvP hasn't been in top form. Most of the chances he's missed recently are shocking by his standard in this season which we've pretty much relied on him to single-handed drag us up to CL-places contention. If he's not firing, we're not winning, simple as. The Wolves game in which we won 0-3 was an exception a) we we given an early penalty, and b) wolves were already in freefall capitulation.

As for today so far, we're losing because of general all-round **** defending once again from a defence that has ALWAYS been suspect, and the fact that we're not keeping the ball (even though we've failed in win any of the previous games, we've still managed to at least keep hold of possession). Also a failure to create chances as everyone looks to RvP (who's not in top form) and inevitably he gets crowded out by about 100 norwich defenders - this is getting predictable because there is no other potent goal threat apart from him.
save by schez. Told you our defence was high up the field.
Original post by internet tough guy
I'm sick of people saying we're missing arteta and walcott. Lets be honest Walcott goes absent in half the games he plays in and in the games where he does actually contribute, 70% of the time is unproductive. As for Arteta, he's an average-good player who mostly sits in the middle making ordinary passes, hes certainly not a fabregas or a RvP, if we can't win games without players like him then the problem lies with the team itself.

So the truth as to why we're been so **** lately is not because we're missing these average-esque players, rather, its due to the fact that RvP hasn't been in top form. Most of the chances he's missed recently are shocking by his standard in this season which we've pretty much relied on him to single-handed drag us up to CL-places contention. If he's not firing, we're not winning, simple as. The Wolves game in which we won 0-3 was an exception a) we we given an early penalty, and b) wolves were already in freefall capitulation.

As for today so far, we're losing because of general all-round **** defending once again from a defence that has ALWAYS been suspect, and the fact that we're not keeping the ball (even though we've failed in win any of the previous games, we've still managed to at least keep hold of possession). Also a failure to create chances as everyone looks to RvP (who's not in top form) and inevitably he gets crowded out by about 100 norwich defenders - this is getting predictable because there is no other potent goal threat apart from him.

If you don't believe that Arteta makes a difference and is a key reason as to how we played well in most games, I'm really not sure if you've watched our games with him this season
Reply 984
Wow close call. Was it Vermalen who slipped?
Reply 985

ramsey needs to be replaced before he gets sent off!
The crowd is dead. Almost as dead as this Arsenal performance.
Reply 988
OOHHHH !

Nearly, how did we not score?!?!
Original post by Remarqable M
ramsey needs to be replaced before he gets sent off!

Agreed!
Reply 990
Dammit they nearly scored at the other end. Where is the defence?
My god it should be 6-2 Norwich
Reply 992
WTF Norwich had another great chance.

WTF is happening here?
My god it should be 7-2 Norwich

I agree Arteta makes lots of ordinary passes, but his work in midfield helps to stabilise our team a large amount. His defensive work ethic and attacking ability provide a great link between defence and attack, a link that our other midfielders seem to lack.
Reply 995
OMG how did V. Persie miss? :frown:
OMG how did we not score? RVP would have buried that 2 months ago but why did Ramsey not effing shoot?
Reply 997
And WTF was Chesny doing there?
Reply 998
What the hell is happening out there?
Original post by alittlehelp
If you don't believe that Arteta makes a difference and is a key reason as to how we played well in most games, I'm really not sure if you've watched our games with him this season

Nope, I've seen him play loads of time, he's good and does his job but like I said, its nothing extraordinary, I'd rank Rosicky and Song ahead of him in importance to the team. Missing him is absolutely no excuse for the way we're bottling our way out of 3rd place. Facts like ''arsenal have not won a game without arteta'' are just one of those pointless stats that pundits love to bring up, truth is its just pure COINCIDENCE. Look at the chelsea game, we created enough clear-cut chances to win, no? If Koscielny's headed didn't hit the post and gone in, we would've won the flipping match and there wouldn't be this Bull**** being branded about how we won't win games without arteta.

Latest