The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Rumours of Arsenal signing Hernanes on twitter... Doesn't seem as likely as the M'vila stories earlier though. Is he a player you'd want/need?

Nice to see Wenger getting his transfer business done early, as opposed to the craziness that was the summer transfer window.
(edited 11 years ago)
Also I assume people have read about Songs agent rubbishing claims that we're going to be selling him?
Original post by Harry-AA
Also I assume people have read about Songs agent rubbishing claims that we're going to be selling him?

Same guy that broke the M'vila story is pretty much backing that up too:

https://twitter.com/#!/AlexFortyNine/status/199855109126098947
Original post by Da_hopeful_1
Rumours of Arsenal signing Hernanes on twitter... Doesn't seem as likely as the M'vila stories earlier though. Is he a player you'd want/need?

Nice to see Wenger getting his transfer business done early, as opposed to the craziness that was the summer transfer window.

Yeah, the rumours are that we are already finishing of the negotiations on an attacking midfielder. Some people saying it's Hernanes. Would love it to be him or Belhanda. However, I don't see us getting one.
Original post by Darth Vader 7
Yeah, the rumours are that we are already finishing of the negotiations on an attacking midfielder. Some people saying it's Hernanes. Would love it to be him or Belhanda. However, I don't see us getting one.

Think you need one though, after missing out on Mata aswell. Im not knowledgeable enough on the matter, but can't see Ramsey becoming that player anytime soon, could Wilshere play a similar role?
If we sign Yann M'Vila are we finally changing our transfer ways?
Reply 1786
If this M'Vila thing is true, we've spent £27 million so far.

How much do we actually have to spend in total? (Realistically, given that I don't think we'll spend everything we have).
Original post by Nut.

How much do we actually have to spend in total? (Realistically, given that I don't think we'll spend everything we have).

Well tbh, I think we've just about spent the amount we got from Toure, Adebayor, Fabregas and Nasri. If you include August's transfers as well.
Reply 1788
Original post by Darth Vader 7
That's the same guy who was the agent of Clichy and Nasri. We all know how that turned out. Apparently he's RVP's agent as well.

Nope. RVPs agent is Kees Vos. Dein's name likes to be branded about a lot as everyone's agent, but he isn't van persie's.
Original post by nosaer
Nope. RVPs agent is Kees Vos. Dein's name likes to be branded about a lot as everyone's agent, but he isn't van persie's.

you got a source?
Original post by Nut.

I reckon we've easily got in excess of £75m to spend but I highly doubt Wenger will go over £50m without recouping from sales...
Reply 1791
Original post by Nut.

Tbh, if M'Villa is confirmed, I think that could be it for this summer. At least before the Euro's.
Think you need one though, after missing out on Mata aswell. Im not knowledgeable enough on the matter, but can't see Ramsey becoming that player anytime soon, could Wilshere play a similar role?

I don't know whether Wilshere will be ready to play that role. Luckily, Rosicky has discovered that magic form from his Dortmund days and can definitely be a starter for the whole of next season (providing he stays fit).

Original post by nosaer

Thank God :redface:
Reply 1793
Reckon this Hernanes stuff if *******s, probably Wenger on a wind up dropping hints about a Brazilian midfielder and Sao Paulo thinking people will jizz themselves over Lucas and Hernanes, it'll turn out to be Denilson.

Most on here are convinced Wilshere will be used box to box, tend to disagree myself though, very much of the opinion that he was only used there due to Cesc's presence before and when fit he'll be first choice AM.
Reply 1795
Original post by Nut.

Hm, I would love to see a LB. Although Gibbs is a fine talent, he's too injury prone, and Santos is a completely liability on defence. I'd like to see a good and experienced LB who can defend instead of Santos.

A striker is needed I feel. I think we have our wings all set with Walcott, Gervinho, Ox, Miyaichi (potentially), Podolski, Rosicky (who can play there occasionally), and Benayoun if we sign him.

Maybe a natural RB if things don't go to well for Sagna. Jenks is a bit too young IMO to be shoved with the responsibility just yet, and Coq isn't a natural RB. But I don't think this is at all a priority.

Sell: Almunia, Squillaci, Diaby (if he can't get fit :frown:), Santos (if we can get a better LB), Denilson, Arshavin, Park, Chamakh, Bendtner and Vela.

I think we should keep Djourou. Yeah, he's terrible, but he's 4th choice CB. The only problem is that we've seen him too much this season because of injuries to other key players.

Overall, I don't think much needs to be done about our starting XI; I think it's good enough to contend. The only issue is that our backup players are toss and earn a ridiculous amount of wages.
Reply 1796
Original post by JK.
Most on here are convinced Wilshere will be used box to box, tend to disagree myself though, very much of the opinion that he was only used there due to Cesc's presence before and when fit he'll be first choice AM.

THANK YOU. I feel exactly the same. Wilshere was always an attacking midfielder, but was developed as a box-to-box midfielder along with Song because our attack ran through Fabregas primarily.

I think he has enough flair to play as an attacking midfielder. He may not have the passing ability of Fabregas, but I believe he will be a superior dribbler.
Reply 1797
M'Vila hmm, I do hope it's true. But, Hernanes/ *insert AM* as well? I highly doubt it, unless Wenger is possessed.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Harry-AA
I reckon we've easily got in excess of £75m to spend but I highly doubt Wenger will go over £50m without recouping from sales...

If the club doesn't rake in what it spends it barely breaks even, and is more likely to make a loss. No chance of Wenger spending much more, if this M'Vila deal goes through. You may bring in someone to replace Arshavin, but it won't be on the scale of the M'Vila deal.
BREAKING NEWS: Eden Hazard signs for Babestation. Here's him in training:

Spoiler

Latest