The Student Room Group

Most hated TV adverts

Scroll to see replies

yeah, the 'girl on the platform...' one is annoying.

Closely followed by this

the sun bingo song grates on me :dry:
Any advert involving Stacey Solomon. Her horse-like appearance is disturbing.
Original post by arnoob
Umm... are you referring to the fact that he looks like Nick Griffin, I am kinda confused :confused:? If you are then I think he kind of would if it wasn't for the hair and the moustache :tongue:

Haha yes I was, there was a picture doing a comparison of the two somewhere.
[video="youtube;Cogy_WDjtwk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cogy_WDjtwk[/video]

I dislike this one quite a lot
Original post by Mastermind007
Haha yes I was, there was a picture doing a comparison of the two somewhere.

Well I have now come to the conclusion that they are related, they look similar and are both quite infamous :angry:
Reply 45
Original post by OmicronPersei8
Confused.com :unimpressed:

Every cartoon woman on that advert seems to have had a boob job or something.

Am I the only one who thought the confused.com person was a guy in the original adverts? Definitely a mind=blown moment when I saw the later adverts where she starts talking/singing!

In answer to the question: the one at the moment that really annoys me is the Muller fat-free yoghurts. Who came up with that?!

And, of course, there's a special place in hell reserved for those stupid meerkats :mad:

...And for every single Halifax advert.

....In fact, are there any adverts that people don't hate?
Insurance adverts, and loan adverts.

Make it look simple and easy as ****, and then have in small print 1732% APR or some ridiculous figure like that.
1.)

My most hated advert EVER - every time I saw it it was immediately muted.

2.)

They really outdid themselves.

3.)

4.)

5.)

6.)

7.)

EATING PROPAH FOOD WITH A PROPAH GRAVEHH

8.)

9.)

10.)

Sorry David, you wont help sell this car.

I could go on forever. I hate a lot of adverts :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 48
Original post by Joe-89

In answer to the question: the one at the moment that really annoys me is the Muller fat-free yoghurts. Who came up with that?!

And, of course, there's a special place in hell reserved for those stupid meerkats :mad:

...And for every single Halifax advert.

....In fact, are there any adverts that people don't hate?

By the fat free yoghurts do you mean the 'It's not a myth' ones? Because I seriously can't stand that ad. The woman also does 3 mobile and she can't even be escaped on the BBC because she does the TV licensing ads

Halifax - surely you don't hate the old ones with Howard the brummie? "A little birdie told me..." etc. He was gold!
Reply 49
The new Mars ad. Oh dear, so cringeworthy...

[video="youtube;Y3hvQjGwN2s"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3hvQjGwN2s[/video]
I absolutely hate this one.

[video="youtube;8iujM3ftI1I"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iujM3ftI1I[/video]

It made me so angry every time it came up while listening to music in youtube :mad:
Reply 51
Original post by ROYP
By the fat free yoghurts do you mean the 'It's not a myth' ones? Because I seriously can't stand that ad. The woman also does 3 mobile and she can't even be escaped on the BBC because she does the TV licensing ads

Halifax - surely you don't hate the old ones with Howard the brummie? "A little birdie told me..." etc. He was gold!

Yeah that one. I can't get my head round the fact that people get paid to come up with these things!

Howard was ok at first but got irritating pretty quickly. And the current one they have with that choir singing "I Believe I Can Fly" in an X-formation...cringe!

Just remembered that the only good adverts at the moment are the Aldi ones.

A lady after my own heart :wink:
Reply 52
Original post by Joe-89

Just remembered that the only good adverts at the moment are the Aldi ones.

Ahh I can't stand the Aldi ones.

Most of them aren't too bad but the 'my friend Laura likes bubbly. (pulls out bubblebath I think). Merry Christmas Laura.' one makes me dislike the whole lot
Reply 53
Has this one been mentioned yet?

[video="youtube;HVIMMmqwe6Q"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVIMMmqwe6Q[/video]

ISA ISA BABY
God I just want to bitchslap her!

I actually think this almost competes with Go Compare man for most irritating advert ever!
Anything that tries to be funny or contains children generally is annoying. Also the trend of covering amazing songs with mediocre "everyday people" voices and ruining them for an ad.
Original post by Mastermind007
Nick Griffin?

The Cadbury's eyebrows ad creeps me out ...

You're about 3 years late, but yeah I didn't like that advert either. Stupid kids.
Reply 56
Original post by KrishanC93
Anything that advertises something that I don't need. :banghead:

This however is one of the funniest and effective that I have ever seen. Even if i don't want the product! Perfectly encaptures Boris "cow" Johnson
[video="youtube;NopeeBmjwEo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NopeeBmjwEo[/video]

That was brilliant :biggrin:
Reply 57
Original post by *Boofle*
1.)

My most hated advert EVER - every time I saw it it was immediately muted.

Ha, haven't seen those adverts for a while since I emigrated overseas...I somehow remember the aah bisto one from around ~4 years ago, so It must have been effective.
Reply 58
The bloke telling us about mis-sold PPI. The one with white hair and black eyebrows ala Darling, and looks like a proper creep.
Reply 59
Oh my god, there are so many!

- That mexican food advert where there are loads of people making wraps and eating them and its like "Make them as adventurous as you like..." The girl pouring the sauce on hers then eating it trying to look as "sexy" as possible really annoys me.
- Any advert about mis sold insurance.
- Sun Bingo! :angry: I just instantly mute that one.
- MoneySupermarket
- The paint advert with the pregnant woman painting her room then a minute later you see/hear screaming kids running around everywhere.
- The pantyliner? advert with the woman who has her dress caught in the lift. I always mute it because of the song.
- There was one McDonalds christmas advert with people singing their orders that really annoyed me a few years ago.
- The Boots advert with the woman in a bikini who walks in on her roomate's parents? I find her really irritating.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest