The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
what do you think will come up in the china section? im worried most about this question
Reply 101
Original post by Malmo's
Could anyone run through what the possible questions are for section B? Starting to panic here

From a wesbite I found, possible predictions are:

•Assess the effectiveness of government policies in reducing income/wealth inequalities.
•To what extent have government policies reduced health inequalities?
‘Unhealthy lifestyles not social class is the reasons why some groups in society suffer inequalities in health.’ Discuss.
•Critically examine the success of Social Inclusion in reducing poverty in the UK.
•To what extent is there a link between income and health?

Although I wouldn't rely on this since it's only from a teacher's personal predictions and point of view.

I personally think that gender/ethnic inequalities will appear, and possibly something to do the with the Welfare State which is actually quite easy.

NOTE: For people doing Higher History, if a question on the Welare State does come up, it's sort of like the Labour Reforms question for the British topic! :grin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 102
Original post by marko95
What kind of question will be asked regarding the welfare state ?

The last Welfare State question looked something like this: To what extent are the founding principles of the Welfare State being met?
Reply 103
Nfergs?
Can you please stop with the persisetent post of such verbal diarrhoea. You have no clue what you are talking about, and are simply stressing others out.
Every thread I go onto, there you are roasting peoples brains and causing more confusion.
I would appreciate if you could please stop with the whole shabang, and allow me and the rest of this country to go about our exams with half the stress that your giving
Yours sincerely,
Ryan!
Original post by Stephers1995
I'm really panicking now!
What I got told was that it could be PR vs FPTP or it could be Media since it was 2009 or Two Party system which has never been up
For America I was told voting behaviour and USA is fair and democratic
And I've no clue what to do for Africa but we were told Aid or trade might come up.
We have a completely diffferent teacher for The UK inequalities and DME and she doesn't have a clue which doesn't help.
Anyone else in the same boat?? :s-smilie:

Do you seriously think that they could ask about voting behaviour in the USA? And if so, what kind of question?
That question is usually an A4 question to do with UK poltics :/
Reply 105
Original post by scottish19
Do you seriously think that they could ask about voting behaviour in the USA? And if so, what kind of question?
That question is usually an A4 question to do with UK poltics :/

I was also told this . It could be to do with voter turnout and participation. Like blacks usually vote democrat etc. Also how ethnics are being more and more represented in congress and supreme court etc.
Reply 106
Original post by Stephers1995
I'm really panicking now!
What I got told was that it could be PR vs FPTP or it could be Media since it was 2009 or Two Party system which has never been up
For America I was told voting behaviour and USA is fair and democratic
And I've no clue what to do for Africa but we were told Aid or trade might come up.
We have a completely diffferent teacher for The UK inequalities and DME and she doesn't have a clue which doesn't help.
Anyone else in the same boat?? :s-smilie:

I personally have no idea what to write about two party systems came up because firstly, my teacher has never went over it and secondly, like you said it has never been up

My teacher also made us write an essay plan about trade and aid con the last day! where you have to talk specifically how aid has helped african countries and how it may not have a big effect on african countries compared to trade. If they do put any of those 2 questions up then i am pretty much screwed:frown:
Does anyone know what China question is likely to come up :/?
Reply 108
Asking something new on this every 2 minute but what would you write for the importance of the ethnic minority vote? Like the fact so many vote for the democrats and were key to obama's win?
Reply 109
Original post by Malmo's
Asking something new on this every 2 minute but what would you write for the importance of the ethnic minority vote? Like the fact so many vote for the democrats and were key to obama's win?

I'd say so. and write a bit about how hispanics Are the fastest growing population in the U.S. and therefore are beginning to have a larger impact than ever before. I'd also mention the fact that Hispanics are more likely to be "swing voters" Nd therefore perhaps are easily swayed/important?
I'd write a little about the consequences of redistricting (though I'm pretty clueless about those), and write about low voter turnout?
I'm praying that question doesn't come up. we didn't cover it at all in class! :frown:
Reply 110
Original post by Malmo's

Click on my name then find the latest post i commented on. I got help on that type of question from Scotiish19- credit to him:smile:

Also its really likely that this type of question will come up or one about Powers of the President. If a question on ethnic minorites or immigration comes up i think im going to fail...
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by StudyAk
I personally have no idea what to write about two party systems came up because firstly, my teacher has never went over it and secondly, like you said it has never been up

My teacher also made us write an essay plan about trade and aid con the last day! where you have to talk specifically how aid has helped african countries and how it may not have a big effect on african countries compared to trade. If they do put any of those 2 questions up then i am pretty much screwed:frown:

yeah im exactly the same, I no idea what everyones on about a two party systems! never done anything in class about it - wouldnt stress out over it some people like to stress others out lol
Reply 112
Original post by dontlikehighers
yeah im exactly the same, I no idea what everyones on about a two party systems! never done anything in class about it - wouldnt stress out over it some people like to stress others out lol

yeah i know. I also really doubt it that they will put a question about it. There's only so much a person can remember especially when you are thinking about other subjects that you have to study for!
Reply 113
Cheers for the help, been great.
Got another one, got no examples really for fptp/ams/stv, can anyone help me out?
Praying for a AMS Vs FPTP question.
Reply 115
Original post by Malmo's
Cheers for the help, been great.
Got another one, got no examples really for fptp/ams/stv, can anyone help me out?

Examples in relation to...?
Reply 116
Original post by Norton1
Examples in relation to...?

Dunno just anything that could be used if the question came up.
All I have is election results
Reply 117
Original post by Malmo's

What are your points? Like wasted votes etc
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 118
Original post by Malmo's

Well there's a possible question on advantages and disadvantages of FPTP for example. So you could talk about how an advantage is that extremist parties such as the BNP or Communist Party struggle to gain seats. Think it probably needs to be broader than just election results.
Local Government OR Devolved/Reserved Powers question

Electoral Systems - most likely AMS V FPTP. Voting behaviour is a maybe but then a pattern would have developed and they don't want that.

Welfare State and/or Gender/Race Inequalities

Powers of the President OR influence of ethnic minority vote

We're the only school that do Global Security and for that I'm banking on a NATO question.

Am stressing out ma tree :P but good luck everyone i'm sure we'll all get at least B's :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending