The Student Room Group

BIKINIS ... Too revealing?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by barnetlad
Germans don't wear clothes in a sauna and sometimes don't on a beach. Nothing to do with slowing people down, just because of comfort and in a sauna the belief it is more hygenic to be sat in or wrapped in a towel with nothing on instead of a swimming costume.

Germans when they are clothed on the whole have a much better sense of style and do not commit some of the fashion atrocities that you see in England. THe French and Spanish also seem to know how to dress stylishly.

And you meine freunden have no sense of humour, are you German by any chance?
Original post by Megaross
And you meine freunden have no sense of humour, are you German by any chance?

No, just don't like the lack of dress sense in the UK and the plastering on of too much make up by some women.
Reply 62
No, just don't like the lack of dress sense in the UK and the plastering on of too much make up by some women.

I really couldn't care less about dress sense or what others think of it, when I'm out to entertain people I get on stage and play.

I don't buy fancy clothes, or replace old clothes before their time. I dress comfortably,
If I'm dressing up smart I'll do it for me and it'll be a nice suit, sharply cut lapels, 2 button and well fitted. Gotta have the brogue style shoes and trilby too, probably the only time I care about what I'm wearing is when I'm wearing a suit and I'm a big fan of the 1950's and early 60's styles of suit.

Most of the time I wear 2 year old jeans from tescos or asda, a random polo shirt and the one pair of trainers I own. And if I'm just hanging out at home in my room I'll be naked.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 63
Original post by cats are cool
An unpopular position and I'm not anti-bikini but I do think bikinis are quite revealing. Sure, there's nothing wrong with our bodies but don't you find it strange that you are virtually naked, just bits of fabric covering your nipples and your vagina, in front of lots of people you don't know, have never met and will never speak to? You would never really want to be in that position anywhere else but it's suddenly acceptable if water is close and if everyone else is doing it. I like my body just fine but I always at least wear a one-piece because I don't want people I don't know (and some people I do know) to see me near naked. And I find it funny that a lot of the girls that complain about how other girls are going out with short skirts and their boobs out and look "slutty" and should cover up or leave a little to the imagination are perfectly fine uploading pictures of themselves in bikinis, an outfit which makes it pretty much impossible to leave anything to the imagination at all.

I agree, but....

....your sig....

ITS SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :gah: awdh dughiuvhhadu :ahee: fluffywuffy kitty

ahem. :cool:
Original post by a rusH
I agree, but....

....your sig....

ITS SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :gah: awdh dughiuvhhadu :ahee: fluffywuffy kitty

ahem. :cool:

Hahahahahaha thank you! :biggrin: To be honest its not like I had to try at all, its more or less impossible to find a gif of a cat that is *not* cute! :tongue:
Reply 65
Original post by YaaahSarah
I just thought about it , how they evolved it to becoming a part of our culture ..
However when parents argue that a dress may be too tight / short... a bikini is much more worse.

I thought about it after reading about the Burqini

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=burkini&source=web&cd=6&ved=0CHEQFjAF&url=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.bbc.co.uk%2F2%2Fhi%2F8197917.stm&ei=gP2lT430MY28-QbajZXFAg&usg=AFQjCNGZqfECGehjJLElesfNg8AcONYLDg

and i thought .. it looks okay , bit like a scuba suit with or without a hood.

I think its great for pregnant women, people who do not want to expose their body for burns and weight issues and people who don't want to tan/get sunburnt but still want to enjoy the beach.

What's yr opinion?

negged for stating an opinion. Spank you!

I honestly didn't expect to be negged this much however it seems that people at TSR don't know what an opinion is.

I am presuming that i am negged by either horny , salivating guys or attention- craving girls.

I think this rep business is nonsense anyway so go ahead they only make me stronger

no youre being negged for being an anally retentive prude.
What's yr opinion?

Have you been to any beach from Pays de la Loire down in France? seriously what is a bikini? :teehee:
Leave my fun alone!
Original post by tehFrance
Have you been to any beach from Pays de la Loire down in France? seriously what is a bikini? :teehee:

Yes I've been to beaches in the south of France and know what you are referring to.
Reply 69
Germans when they are clothed on the whole have a much better sense of style and do not commit some of the fashion atrocities that you see in England.

Two words: 'socks' and 'sandals'.
Not revealing enough :teehee:
Original post by Id and Ego seek
Not revealing enough :teehee:

I can sometimes go along with that, depending on how I am feeling lol! xx
The words 'too revealing' should never be in the same sentence, unless referring to fat chicks.
Reply 73
I just thought about it , how they evolved it to becoming a part of our culture ..
However when parents argue that a dress may be too tight / short... a bikini is much more worse.

I thought about it after reading about the Burqini

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=burkini&source=web&cd=6&ved=0CHEQFjAF&url=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.bbc.co.uk%2F2%2Fhi%2F8197917.stm&ei=gP2lT430MY28-QbajZXFAg&usg=AFQjCNGZqfECGehjJLElesfNg8AcONYLDg

and i thought .. it looks okay , bit like a scuba suit with or without a hood.

I think its great for pregnant women, people who do not want to expose their body for burns and weight issues and people who don't want to tan/get sunburnt but still want to enjoy the beach.

What's yr opinion?

negged for stating an opinion. Spank you!

I honestly didn't expect to be negged this much however it seems that people at TSR don't know what an opinion is.

I am presuming that i am negged by either horny , salivating guys or attention- craving girls.
I think this rep business is nonsense anyway so go ahead they only make me stronger

Agreed.
Reply 74
Original post by cl_steele
no youre being negged for being an anally retentive prude.

Lmao... I like you already, you're such a polite gentleman!

Firstly, i was more negged than i first put that statement.
Secondly, it was a joke , i hope that you are not personally offended by it.

It was just a mere societal observation, i thought that because bikinis are so common that people find them okay, not that i have anything against them...but the fact that people find burqinis disgusting is a bit much.

All i am asking is to take a step back , think about it and share views on it - there is no need for insults and no, i don't believe that you are trying to be funny.

I was just wondering why people feel that modesty is a bad thing.

I was just wondering why people feel that modesty is a bad thing.

they don't and i'm not sure why you think people think that... however i don't see why wearing a bikini is a bad thing, why "modesty" (in terms of this) is so great? why does it matter? what has it got to do with you? if you don't like bikinis don't wear one! simple! no one cares...
Reply 76
Original post by Bellissima
they don't and i'm not sure why you think people think that... however i don't see why wearing a bikini is a bad thing, why "modesty" (in terms of this) is so great? why does it matter? what has it got to do with you? if you don't like bikinis don't wear one! simple! no one cares...

There is no need to be rude! If no one cared, then no one will have the intention of answering this post.

I didn't say it was a bad thing.
There is no need to be rude! If no one cared, then no one will have the intention of answering this post.

I didn't say it was a bad thing.

calm down i'm not being rude don't be so sensative... i meant no one cares if YOU don't wear a bikini. people are obviously going to care if you start insulting them for their choice to wear a bikini. "attention- craving girls".

Quick Reply

Latest