The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

can someone please tell me that what options do i have in medical science field if i have the following subjects:
maths
chemistry
physics

and also what are requirements to get into London School of economics....i mean apart from grades what other things do they like to see in a candidate :smile:
Name: Ellie

AS levels: Art, English Lit, Geography and Environmental Studies.

Don't have UCAS stuff yet, but i would like to study environmental geography at york uni, which requires ABB at a level.

:sexface:
Reply 182
Name: orzi
AS levels : German , Biology, Economics, Maths Statistics , Chinese + Chinese A2
ucas: / but probably doing Archaeology and Anthropology at Uni.. not sure which Uni yet( well, it depends on my AS grades.. fingers cross:colondollar:)
Hi everyone! :smile:

Name: snailsareslimy
A Levels: Biology, English Literature, History
UCAS: Firm- QUB, English (ABB/BBBb)
Reply 184
I actually just want to do my exams now. I hate waiting! I'm so nervous and I want to get them over and done with D:
Reply 185
Original post by madders94
I actually just want to do my exams now. I hate waiting! I'm so nervous and I want to get them over and done with D:

When do you start? :hugs:

I finish next Thursday...and thus begineth the longest summer of my life!
Reply 186
Original post by Catherine.
When do you start? :hugs:

I finish next Thursday...and thus begineth the longest summer of my life!

I start on Thursday :tongue: can't wait for the summer but it's going to be a nervewracking summer!
Reply 187
I start on Thursday :tongue: can't wait for the summer but it's going to be a nervewracking summer!

Last exam is next week geog 2, then off to Kuwait. However worrying will prevail.
Reply 188
Name: 03hope03 (Christina)
AS Levels: Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry, General Studies (Possibly picking up IT AS in Year 13 for a 4th AS)
UCAS: Applying in September to study Maths!
Only one more paper left !!!!!!
Reply 190
Hey. Around what time of which month do we get out as level results back? Thanks x

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by YazB7
Hey. Around what time of which month do we get out as level results back? Thanks x

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

16th August
Reply 192
I'm already planning for like the night before, thinking what I'm going to do and everything :laugh: so far, the only thing I'm certain about is that I will be panicking!
I'm already planning for like the night before, thinking what I'm going to do and everything :laugh: so far, the only thing I'm certain about is that I will be panicking!

I personally may be planning an all nighter, waiting for 6:00am to obsessively check Track and going on this thread if the thread last year is anything to go by with a lot of food and drinks. My sleep may be ruined but I intend to zonk out after returning from school and sorted out the results, whatever they may be.
(edited 11 years ago)
Name: Patrick

A-Levels: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Religious Studies

Firm: The University of York - Chemistry, Biological and Medicinal Chemistry (AAB including A in chemistry)

Insurance: The University of Nottingham - Medicinal and Biological Chemistry with an Assessed Year in Industry (ABB including chemistry)

Fun fact: Results day happens to be my 18th birthday so it could be a brilliant day or a terrible one! :tongue:
Name: Isla
A-Levels: Biology, Psychology, English Language
UCAS - Conditional, Exeter, ABB, Biology (c100)

Absolutely bricking it - I messed up my AS levels with the result that I re-sat all of year twelve biology in the past two weeks. I re-sat half of year 12 psychology in January, the other half (core studies) is this Tuesday, and *then* we get into June and the actual year 13 exams xD. Bio1 and 2 resits went OK though, especially considering I've had untreated recurring strep throat for the past month and sat one of them with a fever :P.

Glad to see I'm not the only one planning an all nighter on August fifteenth. If it's a nice night I'll probably go camp out on the hill with my telescope and do some stargazing - 'Even if I don't get in, the stars will still be there! NOT THE END OF THE WORLD. NO REALLY. HONEST.'

This thread is nicely motivating me to crack on with the revision that got away from me today though. My older brother keeps sabotaging my effort - he and his girlfriend adopted a puppy recently, and he keeps bringing her round to stay with me while he's at work in the town. >.< Adorable, but not really helpful.
Reply 196
We actually got moved in our exam today because of the weather. -_-

That is so not fetch.
Original post by Catherine.
We actually got moved in our exam today because of the weather. -_-

That is so not fetch.

.....Whaaaa......
And I thought the way my school holds exams is bad O_o
Reply 198
Original post by tiana_tiara
.....Whaaaa......
And I thought the way my school holds exams is bad O_o

We were awayyy up in a room that's notorious for being hot...and people were beginning to feel sick and pass out so they moved us all D: lol
Reply 199
I hope this weather doesn't carry on until the exams... I think I might die. Ended up in the sea today trying to cool down because the heat is unbearable.

I'm hoping my boyfriend will stay at my house on the night of results day (cue obligatory :sexface: ). Last year I stayed at his and he took me to pick up my AS results and then we went with my family for a day at a farm to celebrate :biggrin: This year I'd really like to be at my house, so that once I've checked track and hopefully found out, I can tell my family straight away (they're really supportive, so I'm guessing they'll all be up early, and if they don't get up early I'll be waking them up :colone: ). We're going to Alton Towers to celebrate (hoping I'll be all better by then :sad: ) but not on the actual results day... might be a few days before or a few days after.

It'll definitely be an all-nighter for me I think, mainly because I won't be able to sleep due to nerves!

Latest