The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
I'm so excited for Uni, already looking into what volunteering I want to do while I'm there. Keep forgetting that I actually need to get in first :facepalm2: :emo:
arghhh I only needed a U and a D in my summer exams to meet my offer but I'm still terrified! I just want to know now!!
Original post by katie55
oh dear good luck

i need AAB for firm and they want an A in english which i really dont think i will get :/ i'm more confused because when they emailed me with and offer they put graphics in bold so i dont know if that meant as long as i get that grade they will let me in :L so confused i dont think the exams went too well i only had three and two were re-sits so i have a rough idea of what i got and even then i'm panicking that i did awful and got u's :L not sure why i'm panicking it's so daft when the grades for my insurance are so much lower and i should get in even with u's in these exams and then i panic that my coursework will all be moderated really low :L i'm a big ball of confusion despite really liking my insurance but it's a scarier choice :s

sorry for the mad rant in short i'm scared what are you applying for ? and except for ICT how do you think you did?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100

Ah as long as you can say you tried your best :smile:
I'm applying for Law at Northumbria :smile: What about you?
Maybe graphics was in bold because its the most important? and if you have they they might be lenient with the others?

I had four exams and 1 was a resit, I think law went okay probably around an A but the law resit was awful! luckily the original grade was a B (who re-sits a B?!?!) so i'll get to keep that if the resit was awful and got an A and a B last year which averaged out to an A no idea what that'll come out as with another A and B though lol!
English language was half and half but im terrible at coursework so thats a bit scary, got a C overall last year, B in exam, D in coursework, tutor marked this coursework as a C and i think the exam was a C/B so again..no idea lmao!
And ICT is just a big mushy ball of rubbish, did quite well in the exam but everything failed miserably got a D overall last year,oops :tongue:
I need ABB for my firm but i emailed them and asked if A*BC would be okay and they said yes but i dont think i can get the A* in law anymore if i only got a B in the jan exam....

just gotta hope they'll lower the enty grades on the day now cause i really want to go to my firm.
I haaaate waitinnggggg i dont know what to do with myself!
(edited 11 years ago)
Hello!
My name is Fiona!
My firm is Bath and my insurance is Southampton and thats to hopefully study Psychology!
I need a*aa (god help me) or aab for Southampton.
A levels: Psychology, English Lit, R.S and Music.

Would be lovely to get to know you all, don't want to do this all nighter on my own on results day! :wink:
KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL MEEEE HOPE I DIE BEFORE THIS DAY :colonhash: soo scared
Hello! Im Jodie
My firm is Lincoln (280)
Insurance is Hartlepool (NOT A OPTION)
I need BBC and a C as level

Already have a B!
Just really want to get my results for other subjects now!!
Reply 1186
You know what this year's thread is missing: games of iSketch. :sexface:
Original post by Groat
You know what this year's thread is missing: games of iSketch. :sexface:

If that happens I will lose so many hours of my life.
Reply 1188
Original post by Loz17
If that happens I will lose so many hours of my life.

But they will be good hours filled with fun! :bigsmile:
Original post by Groat
But they will be good hours filled with fun! :bigsmile:

This is very true. I want too now, but I need to pack and go for a run!
Reply 1190
Original post by EffKayy
:O I loved iSketch.

Anyone want to do it later ? hahaha

Definitely. :yes:
I've already got a room set up :ninja:

Edit: OK It didn't work. Dammit
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1192
Original post by Loz17
I've already got a room set up :ninja:

Edit: OK It didn't work. Dammit

http://www.isketch.net/isketch.shtml

Room name: TSR.

Come play everyone. I promise it's not addictive. :ninja:
Original post by Groat
http://www.isketch.net/isketch.shtml

Room name: TSR.

Come play everyone. I promise it's not addictive. :ninja:

I have one set too. Lol fail.
Reply 1194
Original post by Loz17
I have one set too. Lol fail.

You're guessing in the wrong box!
Reply 1195
Original post by Care-Free
Ah as long as you can say you tried your best :smile:
I'm applying for Law at Northumbria :smile: What about you?
Maybe graphics was in bold because its the most important? and if you have they they might be lenient with the others?

I had four exams and 1 was a resit, I think law went okay probably around an A but the law resit was awful! luckily the original grade was a B (who re-sits a B?!?!) so i'll get to keep that if the resit was awful and got an A and a B last year which averaged out to an A no idea what that'll come out as with another A and B though lol!
English language was half and half but im terrible at coursework so thats a bit scary, got a C overall last year, B in exam, D in coursework, tutor marked this coursework as a C and i think the exam was a C/B so again..no idea lmao!
And ICT is just a big mushy ball of rubbish, did quite well in the exam but everything failed miserably got a D overall last year,oops :tongue:
I need ABB for my firm but i emailed them and asked if A*BC would be okay and they said yes but i dont think i can get the A* in law anymore if i only got a B in the jan exam....

just gotta hope they'll lower the enty grades on the day now cause i really want to go to my firm.
I haaaate waitinnggggg i dont know what to do with myself!

i resat a B too :L and i have friends who resat A's how ridiculous is that

well best of look for results hopefully they will be lenient for you and me too :P

i'm trying to concentrate my efforts on getting another job, not going so well.... it has resulted in me being on TSR all day :L
Has anyone still got exams?
Original post by Abbie Keates
Has anyone still got exams?

Feel free to correct me anyone if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure all A-level exams are finished now :smile:.
Reply 1198
Original post by Brand New Eyes
:yes:

But I've heard they're going to send emails now on whether you've got into uni or not.

To get an A:

79/120 UMS = 66% which is a erm Mid C grade so you'll need raw marks of around 54+ out of the maximum raw mark of 96 for Unit 3.

To get an A*

105/120 = 88% UMS = 78 RAW marks out of the maximum 96

(based on June 2011 grade boundaries)

Also you've completed 70% of the course already, the exam you're about to do is 30% of your overall A level if this is the spec for your course http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf/AQA-2705-W-SP-10.PDF

I also added in what each unit is out of in UMS terms in case you're confused.

OMG just realised *sorry* that my ums for unit 2 is actually 71, does that make much difference? x
Original post by katie55
i resat a B too :L and i have friends who resat A's how ridiculous is that

well best of look for results hopefully they will be lenient for you and me too :P

i'm trying to concentrate my efforts on getting another job, not going so well.... it has resulted in me being on TSR all day :L

Ahh good im glad im not the only one :P Why re-sit an A?...to get a higher A? :P

best of luck to you too :smile:
I'm trying to get more hours at work but all our vacancies are filled so there's no spares :P hoping to cover people's holiday just to keep busy :smile:

Latest