The Student Room Group

A Level students; Has anyone actually revised the night before...?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Yes!
- AQA Core 1 Maths. 88/100 UMS
-Economics A2 level. OCR Transport Module. 100/100 UMS
- Law A2 OCR 71/80
History AS Level 90/100 and 96/100 in the other.

I revised the night before for all these exams(Although I continuously worked throughout the year in lesson).
The constant work in lesson meant that when it came to revising it was relatively simple. It helps if you understand things as well. The problem with A level is the exact same as GCSE, if you're not attentive you can come out of a course with 0 development, because the course has not developed your critical and logical faculties, just made you regurgitate like a drone.

This is not me advocating revising the night before, this is me encouraging hard work, to minimise stress and the need for revision.
I have also performed badly in some of my A level exams! That was due to a lack of attention and hard work!
SO WORK GUYS, and stop hoping that it will get handed to you on a plate haha! Revision isn't necessary if the work is continuous.
I did nothing other than read The Odyssey and 3 plays for my AS level Classical Civ. I did no notes and there were no classes because it was distance learning. The night before I skimmed a revision guide not really bothering because I knew I was going to fail. Ended up with a high B. The mind boggles.
Reply 22
yes, with one subject i never got to grips with at a level (a2 summer) revised till like 1am went to sleep/collapsed at the dining table lol and had to shift myself to bed when i realised.. and set an alarm to wake up at half 4, got some coffee down me, revised some more.. exam at 9. last school exam ever! got an A and this was physics :smile: however, i dont recommend this!

Also, did you mean did no prior revision? in which case obviously no.. noone can get an A in a level physics with only a few hours worth :/ id say i probably did about a month (possibly more) actually i remember i started revising after our school ball at the end of april - so about 6 weeks revision for 8/9 exams (resits included) on the evenings i didnt have to go to work, and never really on weekends. so it is doable! though i do think i got lucky with physics!
Original post by Zuki
What grades did you get? ^^

AAAB. (good luck for your exams, btw!)
I did for an AS Geography skills paper resit and got 52/60. It was a really easy paper though, I only had to resit because my paper was marked incorrectly the first time.
Reply 25
I revised on the day of the exam prior to entering the hall for around 2 hours for my AS history and came out with 86/100, although it is an A it means I have to try like a bitch for my second unit on the 22nd to pull it up to around 90-91% :frown:
your meant to feel more confident the night before exams so relax do alot on the working of the day before.
Original post by hockeyjoe
looll at your sig by the way, "anglia ruskin, cambridge" but not "aston, birmingham"

Because Anglia Ruskin has two campuses, Cambridge and Chelmsford, but there is only one Aston...
Reply 28
I did for all of my GCSEs and A-levels but I wouldn't recommend it. I am now struggling to know how to get into any sort of study pattern for exams at uni and there is so little motivation to work hard this early because I never have had to before.
I did it last week for my maths and english IB papers? haven't got my results yet though so... damn now I'm worried...
Reply 30
Original post by Zuki
and gotten a decent grade?

i done it for my re last year and got an A, i guess it also depends on what subject your doing!
Reply 31
Original post by JCC-MGS
Did it last year for Film, History and English AS, got 90%+ in them. Spent about a week revising Economics cause I weren't so confident, got a B. Moral of the story: don't try

You're obviously not confident in English either.
Original post by Iron Lady
You're obviously not confident in English either.

****ing hell geezer go away don't you have anything better to do with your time than picking fights with your superiors
Original post by Violet_apple
I did nothing other than read The Odyssey and 3 plays for my AS level Classical Civ. I did no notes and there were no classes because it was distance learning. The night before I skimmed a revision guide not really bothering because I knew I was going to fail. Ended up with a high B. The mind boggles.

...lol, I'm on the same situation. But my Classics exam begins next week. Thing is, I'm doing it in AS and A2 this year :eek:

...only because it looks easy, it's likeable but boring for me.
For my AS French I got a B next to no revision other than learning my presentation and stuff for my speaking test. I just winged it because I didn't want to do it for A2, I thought I was gonna get a D! Revised the night before my A2 History exam in January and got a (low) B as well. Though you can kinda get away with not revising for French and the History exam was the easy module out of the two. I'm resitting that exam on Tuesday and am still yet to revise because I have English Lit on Monday and Wednesday! Eek!
...it depends on the subjects.
...I did that in English Language AS and got a 'B' for it.
...in Electronics AS, I got a 'C' for it.
(that was in Yr 11 though)

...for English Lang/Lit, it didn't work. I got an 'A' last year in AS (with 3-4 days revision), and got a 'C' for a re-take (literally 30mins before the exam begins, re-take because it was a weak 'A').
Reply 36
I've always wondered how it would feel to revise the night before but i'm too scared to try :biggrin:

Though, I have my A2 geography mock tomorrow morning and it will be two and a half hours of my life sadly wasted.
Reply 37
Original post by JCC-MGS
****ing hell geezer go away don't you have anything better to do with your time than picking fights with your superiors

Have I touched a nerve?

You're on a student forum, you should have realised by now that "I weren't" is not acceptable.

'Geezer'.
Original post by Iron Lady
Have I touched a nerve?

You're on a student forum, you should have realised by now that "I weren't" is not acceptable.

'Geezer'.

No, you're just tedious
Reply 39
Original post by JCC-MGS
No, you're just tedious

I hope you were joking in your previous comment, then I might let you off.

But I'm genuinely shocked that someone of your age made that fatal mistake. :bban:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending