The Student Room Group

I got 3 9s and 7 8s only cramming the night before each exam. Ask me anything.

Deleted
(edited 8 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

I almost never managed to make myself revise until earliest the day before an exam either. I wonder if we have the same thing going on in our heads.
wow.

why did you choose to revise like this? are you a procrastinator in general or did you understand the content completely and then felt you only needed minimal revision?
Original post by awkwardshortguy
I almost never managed to make myself revise until earliest the day before an exam either. I wonder if we have the same thing going on in our heads.

yeah probably - i tried to revise and i just either couldn’t make anything go into my brain or ended up panicking about the amount i had to learn lmao so i just Didn’t until it got to the day before my first gcse and i was like OH ****
Reply 4
congrats first of all that amazing but did how did you revise in those 1- 6 hours
Original post by rainclouds-
wow.

why did you choose to revise like this? are you a procrastinator in general or did you understand the content completely and then felt you only needed minimal revision

message delete
(edited 8 months ago)
The most amazing exam experience I've ever had in my LIFE was doing ONLY 3 past papers in the morning of my GCSE I.T exam last year, which i'd never studied for, and got 100% UMS on the paper!!!
The grade boundaries were quite low as most people (including myself) didn't care much about the written exam because it was just 40% of the entire I.T GCSE.

But still, 100% UMS with NO REVISION is a bloody miracle:biggrin:
Anyone reading this thread is gonna be like “aww doesn’t work for me”

Take into account that throughout the year, teachers go through revision in class. Some set more homework. You likely did some form of revision in mocks. With GCSE, sometimes, in school hard work is enough.
Original post by Grade A
The most amazing exam experience I've ever had in my LIFE was doing ONLY 3 past papers in the morning of my GCSE I.T exam last year, which i'd never studied for, and got 100% UMS on the paper!!!
The grade boundaries were quite low as most people (including myself) didn't care much about the written exam because it was just 40% of the entire I.T GCSE.

But still, 100% UMS with NO REVISION is a bloody miracle:biggrin:

Ayyyy!

ICT is an odd subject, i got an A*, missed most of the lessons and didn’t revise at all 🤚🏻 wish it worked like that for my others 😂

That being said, I got the lowest A*. It was like 58/72 or something
How did you revise?
@thekidwhogames Allow make something like this
Original post by FloralHybrid
Ayyyy!

ICT is an odd subject, i got an A*, missed most of the lessons and didn’t revise at all 🤚🏻 wish it worked like that for my others 😂

That being said, I got the lowest A*. It was like 58/72 or something

What must've the people the people that failed the paper been doing?:biggrin:
It's mostly a basic general knowledge test
how ppl can be so blessed like this... this would change my life
Original post by katebethanevans
kind of a mix? i’ve always been a MAJOR procrastinator but i’m naturally (very, not to brag it’s just kind of a fact yikes) intelligent so usually understood everything immediately in lessons and i guess that made it easier to cram bc i didn’t really need to understand, just remember? tbh i’ve never properly revised for anything, just relied on cramming at the last minute, so i’m rly good at cramming. i’m fully intending to revise for my a levels and break my bad habit though haha
i think it’s partially a subconcious thing - my brain knows that i can do well in exams with minimal revision so just kinda doesn’t bother to force myself to revise when i don’t really need to

lol it's cool. if you're a talented person you might as well own it. i mean it you should be proud of yourself.
yeah you probably shouldn't do this for a levels but i think that's pretty interesting the way your brain works.
what did you do in your spare time? did you get study leave? do you think your teachers were really good and supportive too which helped you?
Original post by kawabi
congrats first of all that amazing but did how did you revise in those 1- 6 hours

haha thank you! okay so one of my big lifesavers was a website called seneca which goes over the content really well but u can do it in a minimal amount of time, i used this especially for sciences and got two 9s and was very close to a 9 in the other one so it does work!
the other thing was QUIZLET, finding pre made sets and going over key terminology. i also went over the specifications for each subject and looked at examiner’s notes on past papers to see what they were looking for.
on the walk to school for each exam i read through my revision guide several times to just keep going over the core things!
that’s kind of it? i did a lot of past papers in maths also because it’s quite hard to /revise/ maths.
english i didn’t revise for at all whoops i just reread sections of the book and tried to remember random quotes in the exam which i don’t recommend
hope that was helpful!
Original post by katebethanevans
haha thank you! okay so one of my big lifesavers was a website called seneca which goes over the content really well but u can do it in a minimal amount of time, i used this especially for sciences and got two 9s and was very close to a 9 in the other one so it does work!
the other thing was QUIZLET, finding pre made sets and going over key terminology. i also went over the specifications for each subject and looked at examiner’s notes on past papers to see what they were looking for.
on the walk to school for each exam i read through my revision guide several times to just keep going over the core things!
that’s kind of it? i did a lot of past papers in maths also because it’s quite hard to /revise/ maths.
english i didn’t revise for at all whoops i just reread sections of the book and tried to remember random quotes in the exam which i don’t recommend
hope that was helpful!

How did u approach this year Macbeth question like I find English a bit hard and how did u cram 15 poems like wowww and creative writing for lang
I have never met someone so academically gifted in me hole life.
Heads-up: I did the same thing last year and got GCSEs of 9A*,28s,2As& 1B at AS. When you get to A-level, you can't have the same attitude (actually you can, but just start revision for your predicted grade mock exams at least 2 weeks before taking them or brace to get a B in further maths).
yeah, brothers going into year 11 now...Just be aware you're the second year to go through the new system. Our grade boundaries were ridiculously low. It was 67% for a grade 9 lmao in physics. You guys will need to work harder for sure and focus on exam technique more. Gl.
Original post by Nabundle
@thekidwhogames Allow make something like this

Shall I xD

Quick Reply

Latest