The Student Room Group

Higher Maths 2012

Scroll to see replies

64/70 for paper 1 so probaly need justy over half marks for an A, praying i got it!!!
Reply 1181
Original post by benten17
Yeh, advanced maths, physics and chemistry. You?

adv maths and physics and higher graphics, starting to wish i did adv chemistry instead! Still, you can help me study this time next year :tongue:!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Blue7195
now for another year packed fun of advanced maths physics chemistry and higher english yay

That sounds absolutely horrid. Just due to Physics :P ( I don't like Physics xD Don't get it)
Reply 1183
Original post by Reece:)
adv maths and physics and higher graphics, starting to wish i did adv chemistry instead! Still, you can help me study this time next year :tongue:!

I think that might be the other way around, I'll be asking you for help. Just hoping that the descriptive qs in physics are in a far minority, I can't stand questions about most of unit 3, and a large amount that I've come across are descriptives. I never know what they require me to describe so I just go the full way and give them everything I know. I'm much more at home with calculations, although after today I'm starting to worry a bit :biggrin:
Reply 1184
Original post by benten17
I think that might be the other way around, I'll be asking you for help. Just hoping that the descriptive qs in physics are in a far minority, I can't stand questions about most of unit 3, and a large amount that I've come across are descriptives. I never know what they require me to describe so I just go the full way and give them everything I know. I'm much more at home with calculations, although after today I'm starting to worry a bit :biggrin:

we will see there haha! we shall help each other :P<3 unit 3 doesnt bother me, i like the radiation part and the waves, but unit 2 omg, just glad theres not much theory in there:L my calculations make me happy too:smile: except electricity, i sit there going wtf, what equation do i use!? ah well, i shall get through haha:smile:! looking forward to next year though:smile:

remember you may get marks for what you wrote :smile: dont loose all hope:smile:!

sitting on 99 marks, but thats me being generous so yeah :/ anyways well done to you! You seem to be heading for an A1 :wink: never came close to you :P ah well :smile:
Reply 1186
The person who made that paper better not reveal thereself or they will be the most wanted in Scotland atm!
Reply 1187
Original post by daisyclouds
sitting on 99 marks, but thats me being generous so yeah :/ anyways well done to you! You seem to be heading for an A1 :wink: never came close to you :P ah well :smile:

well 99 is an A so im sure you'll get it :biggrin: thanks:P dont be too disheartened though, that paper was a bombsite, advanced higher paper was probably easier (okay maybe not haha!) but your gonna get that A so good luck for exam day :biggrin:

Reply 1188
Guys, I did question 2b, then scribbled out part of the working, left it out and did it at the end, will I still get marked? 2012 Maths exam, paper 2
Reply 1189
Original post by 123Chau
Guys, I did question 2b, then scribbled out part of the working, left it out and did it at the end, will I still get marked? 2012 Maths exam, paper 2

aslong as you made the question number clear:smile:

Reply 1190
Has anyone got a marking scheme for Paper1? :smile:
I cried for the last ten minutes of Paper 2. I cried when I got home. I looked at the marks scheme, and cried more after doing worse on Paper 1 than I expected :frown:
awh today has not been good. I'm trying to put it behind me but it's just so gutting after all the work I did :redface:
Reply 1192
Original post by rawragee
I cried for the last ten minutes of Paper 2. I cried when I got home. I looked at the marks scheme, and cried more after doing worse on Paper 1 than I expected :frown:
awh today has not been good. I'm trying to put it behind me but it's just so gutting after all the work I did :redface:

awww mann! im sure you didnt do badly! you will have passed which is the main thing:smile:! now forget about this until august the 7th :smile:

Reply 1193
aslong as you made the question number clear:smile:

Yes I did that, stated 2b) at the side then started working. So hopefully they'll mark it :smile:
Reply 1194
Original post by 123Chau
Yes I did that, stated 2b) at the side then started working. So hopefully they'll mark it :smile:

yeah it will be marked then :smile: questions can be done in any order :smile:!

Reply 1195
Anyone else feeling terrible about the marks they have found?
I can't remember all of what I wrote for Paper 2, but half of it was complete nonsense.
I really don't want to resit though :unimpressed:
awww mann! im sure you didnt do badly! you will have passed which is the main thing:smile:! now forget about this until august the 7th :smile:

I know, it's just heartbreaking to have been predicted a high A, feeling confident after all the past papers I did, and then coming out with a maybe-almost-B :frown: my dreams have definitely been shot down!
Reply 1197
yeah it will be marked then :smile: questions can be done in any order :smile:!

Thanks! Feel much better now, I'd be ecstatic if I get a C! :smile:
Reply 1198
Original post by rawragee
I know, it's just heartbreaking to have been predicted a high A, feeling confident after all the past papers I did, and then coming out with a maybe-almost-B :frown: my dreams have definitely been shot down!

It will all be fine, you only look at the mistakes you make after an exam and forget about all the questions you did well in:smile: you wont have done as badly as you think:smile:

Reply 1199
If any of you are actually upset about it, the SQA do have a feedback system for exams:

http://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/57018.html

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending