The Student Room Group

Higher Maths 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
Original post by JaggySnake95
Is there a marking scheme yet or examiners report. I remember going over the paper thoroughly when I got home the day of the exam and was certain of atleast a B and I ended up with a C. :frown:

Don't think so. I've heard it doesn't come out until October, but not sure how accurate that hearsay is.
Reply 1781
Original post by JaggySnake95
Is there a marking scheme yet or examiners report. I remember going over the paper thoroughly when I got home the day of the exam and was certain of atleast a B and I ended up with a C. :frown:

As far as im aware the marking instructions arent up yet, but they should be soon:smile:!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1782
Original post by Tycho
Pascal's Triangle? :wink:

Congratulations on your results, very very good indeed!

Thats the one! I might even go as far as to say it was fun drawing it, but that's only cause I'd join up all the 1s and make a... Triangle- I became somewhat distracted in June:smile:
Thanks.
Pilots licence, wooow. I hope to do that... One day

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1783
Original post by benten17
Aero engineering or chemical engineering hopefully at Glasgow. You? I was freaking out about English all through the year but especially on Monday. Most of the time I didn't have a clue what I was saying just wrote stuff, but luckily it worked. Hated the subject! Those are really good results though:smile:

Ooo very nice! Hopefully maths at strathclyde :biggrin:! Yeah, i didnt pass a single thing in english until my prelim, which i got a B in somehow haha! could never get more than 15 for essays, so i was expecting a fail tbh! was so glad when i saw it on my certificate!

Reply 1784
Original post by Reece:)
Ooo congratulations! is being a pilot not really hard haha? well done on thise results too :biggrin:! yeah it must be, i can hardly stand studying when im on study leave, never mind after work haha! I actually have no idea yet, keeping my options open i guess:P!

Merci. No it's not that hard, just expensive to learn. :frown: Very very expensive in fact!

Perhaps you can become a teacher... or something? I'm sure there must also be some engineering/computer programming jobs that need a maths whizz... ? :biggrin: Good job on your other Highers too, and I completely agree about the English. Higher English is just one of those subjects that we all do because we have to. After we pass we deliberately forget what oxymorons and the like are. Who needs to know all that pish anyway? :rolleyes:
Reply 1785
Original post by Tycho
Merci. No it's not that hard, just expensive to learn. :frown: Very very expensive in fact!

Perhaps you can become a teacher... or something? I'm sure there must also be some engineering/computer programming jobs that need a maths whizz... ? :biggrin: Good job on your other Highers too, and I completely agree about the English. Higher English is just one of those subjects that we all do because we have to. After we pass we deliberately forget what oxymorons and the like are. Who needs to know all that pish anyway? :rolleyes:

Ahhh, i can imagine!

O dear, not teaching, id have the kids hanging out the window! Im so impatient haha! Id be up for learning some programming though:biggrin:! thanks very much! I actually told my english teacher that on my first day, she wasnt impressed haha! To be fair, i never learned that in the first place.. hence the C :P!

Reply 1786
Ooo very nice! Hopefully maths at strathclyde :biggrin:! Yeah, i didnt pass a single thing in english until my prelim, which i got a B in somehow haha! could never get more than 15 for essays, so i was expecting a fail tbh! was so glad when i saw it on my certificate!

At least English is behind us now. No more word choice questions or any of that rubbish!!!!!!! Strathclyde should be good for maths, I'll probably apply there aswell cause their engineering courses are meant to be really good. You never know, we might meet each other there:wink:

Reply 1787
At least English is behind us now. No more word choice questions or any of that rubbish!!!!!!! Strathclyde should be good for maths, I'll probably apply there aswell cause their engineering courses are meant to be really good. You never know, we might meet each other there:wink:

you have no idea how pleased that makes me haha! Yeah you should :biggrin:! will you going to the open days? i will probably be at strathclyde and glasgow :P i might see you then :P

Reply 1788
you have no idea how pleased that makes me haha! Yeah you should :biggrin:! will you going to the open days? i will probably be at strathclyde and glasgow :P i might see you then :P

Me too!! Yeh I'll try to. I went to the Glasgow open day in June which was really useful but I'll need to go again next month as I was on brain shut down mode by then:wink: haha

Reply 1789
Me too!! Yeh I'll try to. I went to the Glasgow open day in June which was really useful but I'll need to go again next month as I was on brain shut down mode by then:wink: haha

My head was away in the clouds in June, found a half done chemistry report the other day, no idea if ive to finish it or not haha! I havn't been to any unis! its all gonna be new to me :frown:...

Reply 1790
My head was away in the clouds in June, found a half done chemistry report the other day, no idea if ive to finish it or not haha! I havn't been to any unis! its all gonna be new to me :frown:...

Haha. The thought of going to uni is scaring me a bit, I've become so accustomed to the 'protected' environment of school. Hoping to savour this last year

Reply 1791
Haha. The thought of going to uni is scaring me a bit, I've become so accustomed to the 'protected' environment of school. Hoping to savour this last year

yeah same! although at the same time, i can't wait to get out of the place, i guess ill miss it though:tongue:

Reply 1792
yeah same! although at the same time, i can't wait to get out of the place, i guess ill miss it though:tongue:

Yeh, wouldn't mind putting of going back though, summer has gone way too quickly:frown:

Reply 1793
Yeh, wouldn't mind putting of going back though, summer has gone way too quickly:frown:

aww, im getting bored of my summer tbh >.< the weather has just been so bad... :frown:!

Reply 1794
aww, im getting bored of my summer tbh >.< the weather has just been so bad... :frown:!

I agree about the weather, although today and yesterday weren't that bad.

Reply 1795
I agree about the weather, although today and yesterday weren't that bad.

thats true! not that i did anything productive haha!

Reply 1796
The 2012 paper is now on the SQA website. Looking back through it brings back horrible memories for me. Still can't believe I got an A.
Ahhh, i can imagine!

O dear, not teaching, id have the kids hanging out the window! Im so impatient haha! Id be up for learning some programming though:biggrin:! thanks very much! I actually told my english teacher that on my first day, she wasnt impressed haha! To be fair, i never learned that in the first place.. hence the C :P!

Same reason I could never be a teacher , I would want everyone to get it first time etc

Reply 1798
Original post by Direct15
Same reason I could never be a teacher , I would want everyone to get it first time etc

sameee hahaha! my friends ask for help and i get angry very easily:tongue: i have to control myself and try to help them nicely:P....

sameee hahaha! my friends ask for help and i get angry very easily:tongue: i have to control myself and try to help them nicely:P....

Good someone else understands :smile: I just don't have the personality + I'm really sarcastic :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending