The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tanomc
just to verify this for myself... am I reading question 6 correctly? Is the answer 9450p or 94.50pounds?

Original post by Mariah246
for 6 (b) can you use halfxn(a+(n-1)d) and can you leave the answer in pence?

I'm sure they'll accept either since they didn't specify. :smile:
Annoyed about the £94.50 one, I worked it out in pence, then felt really smug that I remembered to convert it to pounds because they're the sort of things I forget, but instead converted it wrong to £9.45 lol hate my life.
Hmm... didn't do amazing. I'm gonna have to do well in C2 to get an A overall.
Reply 83
Original post by joker12345
45 I think. :smile:

one triangle 30 and one 15 :smile: ?
Original post by Arsey
x

Cheers for this, Arsey. Just a quick question about number 3: I completely fudged it up - I didn't rationalise and instead broke down the denominator into sqrt(4x3) - sqrt(4x2) --> leading to 2/(2rt3 - 2rt2) --> then cancelling the 2s to be left with rt3 - rt2. I realise this is completely wrong, but would there be ANY credit in this? Because I believe I wrote down the correct a and b values at the end. Cheers.
Reply 85
Original post by zibrahimovic
your right

you're right, but yes.
Original post by khary
one triangle 30 and one 15 :smile: ?

I don't know, I left it all in surds till the end and then simplified! But I'm sure we both did it right if we got the same.
Reply 87
Original post by zibrahimovic
btw the answer to question 7b. c is not equal to 6, c is equal to 7.

thats what I got
Reply 88
Original post by Tanomc
just to verify this for myself... am I reading question 6 correctly? Is the answer 9450p or 94.50pounds?

That would be fine
Silly mistakes have ruined my life :'(

Edit - why would you neg me when I'm down?!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 90
Original post by Kidioteque
Cheers for this, Arsey. Just a quick question about number 3: I completely fudged it up - I didn't rationalise and instead broke down the denominator into sqrt(4x3) - sqrt(4x2) --> leading to 2/(2rt3 - 2rt2) --> then cancelling the 2s to be left with rt3 - rt2. I realise this is completely wrong, but would there be ANY credit in this? Because I believe I wrote down the correct a and b values at the end. Cheers.

I did the same as you and then i multiplied the top and bottom by (2rt3 + 2rt2). This lead to (2rt3 + 2rt2)/1 which means that a=3 and b=2. If you got the answers they will give you the marks because there are many ways of solving the question. If you didn't get the answer you will still probably get method marks.
Reply 91
Original post by Mariah246
for 6 (b) can you use halfxn(2a+(n-1)d) and can you leave the answer in pence?

Yes and yes
If we got the final answer somewhere within our workings but then proceeded to try and simplify it further/do something else, would they not allow you the final answer even if it's seen? Or if you attempt a question twice, without specifying which answer you're going with, would they just mark the correct one or..?
Reply 93
For 9d) I put (9 + 9/4) but then then got to 3/2 (√ 5)

How many marks would I get?
Reply 94
Original post by Theafricanlegend
for most past papers 43 out 75 would probs be one off a C,

ahh ffs lol, i would take a C seems my revision consisted of 2 days before lol. I hope i scraped it.

thanks for getting back to me
Reply 95
Original post by Tanomc
I did the same as you and then i multiplied the top and bottom by (2rt3 + 2rt2). This lead to (2rt3 + 2rt2)/1 which means that a=3 and b=2. If you got the answers they will give you the marks because there are many ways of solving the question. If you didn't get the answer you will still probably get method marks.

You will get M1 for multiplying, you may get another for simplifying.
Reply 96
q3 - I got 1 value, what mark?
Reply 97
got 64-65/75 assuming I haven't fudged up my marking/working. Rough ums guess anyone?

Happy with that, will likely resit though in January if below 90ums. Q9 you bastard!!!
Reply 98
Original post by Arsey
That would be fine

Ok thanks. All of today I thought I did that question wrong and now that you tell me its correct I cant even go to sleep.
Reply 99
Original post by Arsey
That would be fine

How many marks would you lose if you said P was 2 and q was 1
on question 5a

and

How many marks would you lose if you didn't flip the inequality on question 5

Latest

Trending

Trending