The Student Room Group

AQA A2 French- 19th JUNE 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by malvika111
I got the same as you for the usines - camion for the second one too?

yeah :biggrin: sounds reassuring!
Reply 381
Original post by Hicky
There was a subjunctive and a conditional perfect, they're the hardest grammatical tenses...

I see what you're saying but, for me, the conditional perfect of 'devoir' is so ingrained. As it is so different in formation from the English equivalent, our teacher always insisted that we learn it as a vocabulary item.

As for the subjunctive, it was identical to the indicative, being derived from the '-er' verb 'expulser'.
Original post by ESJWW
I see what you're saying but, for me, the conditional perfect of 'devoir' is so ingrained. As it is so different in formation from the English equivalent, our teacher always insisted that we learn it as a vocabulary item.

As for the subjunctive, it was identical to the indicative, being derived from the '-er' verb 'expulser'.

Goodness, I made such a fuss over whether it was auraient du or devraient eu - settled for the former and hoped for the best. :s-smilie:
I thought that paper was harder than normal in terms of the listening and translations. However it was fairly doable. Although the essay questions were amazing!
Reply 384
Original post by ellamelita
Did anyone else think the translations were both horrible?

yeah, difficult tenses in english-french :/ had been living, wth x
there was quite a bit that was tricky and could catch you out easily so I don't know how that went! wasn't too bad I guess :smile: reassured by some on here though about the listening :biggrin: the translation was ok, apart from some things that were just like :lolwut: - even the native French speaker in my class said that there was one verb in there that the French don't directly translate so that threw her a bit! :sigh:
quite pleased with the essay though for History; the one I did is quite a common sort of one so it wasn't too bad :smile:

Original post by Banoffeepie16
the same really :smile: hopefully the parts already mentioned are the only things that really can come up!

what did you think of it? :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 386
Original post by malvika111
Goodness, I made such a fuss over whether it was auraient du or devraient eu - settled for the former and hoped for the best. :s-smilie:

Yes, I wrote 'auraient du'. It's not obvious, but I have it on good grammatical authority that it is correct. The whole sentence was something like: "Ils auraient du rester dans leurs propres pays", declarent-ils.
Did anyone find the listening and reading really hard? :confused:
I studied the German occupation of France and François Truffaut's 'Le Dernier Métro', i did the questions about the two most important people during the occupation and chose Maréchal Pétain and Lucie Aubrac, and i think it went quite well, not brilliant though, anybody else find it really difficult? :frown:
Original post by Hicky
Low carbon... I don't think 'low polluting' is right, it would have been something like 'less polluting' or 'pollution-free'. Maybe I'm wrong though.

I think the answer I put was 'mers' as in a submerged economy?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by kayleigh.jean

what did you think of it? :smile:

I thought it was a nice paper :smile: how about you?

Reply 390
yeah for the 'bas ...' question, its definitely 'bas charbone' 110% sure.
Reply 391
On the translation about immigrants being held responsible for the increased crime rate I put 'Les immigrés sont souvent tenues responsables' and now I know it should have been 'tenus' cos immigrants is masc, but do you reckon I might still get the mark? :\ so annoyed at myself!
(edited 11 years ago)
Any chance anyone will be able to get hold of a copy of the paper in due course? Obviously none of us know exactly what will be getting the marks on the translation but would be good to have a look at the multiple choice questions again and compare answers. :smile:
Reply 393
Original post by livvyp
On the translation about immigrants being held responsible for the increased crime rate I put 'Les immigrés sont souvent tenues responsables' and now I know it should have been 'tenus' cos immigrants is masc, but do you reckon I might still get the mark? :\ so annoyed at myself!

Funnily enough livvyp I put the exact same thing as you. It's obviously not entirely right but it'll probably be fine I imagine, the rest of it is still right.
Original post by Phiinx
yeah for the 'bas ...' question, its definitely 'bas charbone' 110% sure.

I'm sure it was 'carbone' not 'charbone'

Original post by Banoffeepie16
I thought it was a nice paper :smile: how about you?

yeah, was better than a lot of the past paper stuff - the translation was actually ok! :smile: loved the essay :biggrin:
Original post by silverjean
Hey, just wondering, how did you get a log in for Kerboodle? :smile:

Our school has bought it

i thought this paper was lovely too, in comparison to the German one I sat on friday.
I thought the exam was nice at points, the French to English translation was tricky at points!

I thought the essay was relatively nice, managed to get 672 words, si clause, subjunctives, present participles and a passive.

I hope we all get what we want!!! Dwelling a bit now though after reading some of the answers on here.
Reply 398
Something that's always perplexed me is how do you people remember the questions. Do you write them down and put a note 'to ask on StudentRoom'?
My essay was five pages long :') now my hand's all shaky aha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending