The Student Room Group

S2 Edexcel Thursday 24th May AM - PAPER & SOLUTIONS IN FIRST POST

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kenan and Kel
68-69 for 90, 61-63 for 80

Do you think it was harder compared to other years.
Original post by Jukeboxing
What happened, where did you lose marks?

I lost 3 marks for the last minimum value of n question. And I got the question on the half a minute mean question wrong as well because I did P(1.5<X<2.5); that question was 3 marks. So that totals to a max of 6 marks which I have probably lost, although I am hoping I may have picked up a few marks in my working (especially for the latter question!). How many UMS do you think 69/75 will be??
Original post by theseeker
Do you think it was harder compared to other years.

Wasn't as hard as June 2011 but harder than pretty much everything else, loads of places to drop marks.
How many marks do you reckon you lose if you didn't do the range for the sampling distribution because I listed all the combinations etc and then worked out probabilities for that and it added up to one. Think I'll at least get 2/6? :s-smilie:

Also if you did P(1.5<X<2.5) do you lose all 3 marks? I thought you only would lose 1 mark if you didn't subtract it from 1?
Reply 464
Everyone read the mark scheme of Q5 of June 2009 S2.The question is clearly regarding poisson however they have stated below that if someone uses binomial then deduct only 1 mark!This means whichever method is correct in Q8 the other will loose only 1-2 marks!
Reply 465
Had a shocker on this paper.

Done the wrong thing for sampling distribution, worked it out for the mean instead of the range. Completely missed the word range and assumed that it was always mean so that is 6 marks dropped. Mind went blank for the 'half a minute away from the mean' question so that's another how ever many marks dropped.

Think I dropped around 15 marks in total which is making me depressed. Especially as I think I've got 70+ in C1, C2 and S1 so far :frown: This paper could ruin me :frown:
Reply 466
Original post by soempty
Lost at least 10 marks =(
Hope i will scrape a mid A if people find it hard. Hopes for Cambridge gone with S2 i reckon. :frown:

Cambridge don't reject you for that. You can get a couple of Bs and still get in (from what they told me).
Reply 467
question 4c, why the heck is n=12, shouldnt it be 20, 2 each week, find for next 10 weeks = 20!
Reply 468
damn for variance i forgot to take away the mean after integration with X squared, stupid mistake, how many marks out of 4 will i get?
Reply 469
I got 68, anybody think i can get A*
For 7 (c) I got a value around 961.1

I know this is stupid, but had no time to redo it again even after i realized it was wrong! Anyone fell into the same trap??
Original post by egg123
damn for variance i forgot to take away the mean after integration with X squared, stupid mistake, how many marks out of 4 will i get?

Wtz the answer u got for 7 (c)?
Original post by egg123
I got 68, anybody think i can get A*

I reckon that will get you bang on 90 UMS, plus/minus 3 UMS.
Original post by egg123
question 4c, why the heck is n=12, shouldnt it be 20, 2 each week, find for next 10 weeks = 20!

What you on about? :P
Reply 474
Original post by rfuzzy
Everyone read the mark scheme of Q5 of June 2009 S2.The question is clearly regarding poisson however they have stated below that if someone uses binomial then deduct only 1 mark!This means whichever method is correct in Q8 the other will loose only 1-2 marks!

I hope your right. For the sampling distribution question, I got the SAME exact values, but i my distribution table is wrong. I wonder how are they going to grade me on this one..
Reply 475
Original post by ahamedcassim
Wtz the answer u got for 7 (c)?

14/15 why???
Reply 476
How many marks i lose, if i work out variance by integrating with Xsquared, but then forget to stupidly take away mean squared to get correct variance, its 4 marks?
Reply 477
How many marks will I lose if:
For 5d I did it as normal distribution? Is that possible? Forgot what I got :frown:

For 6, I left the table in terms of getting 3 (1,1,1), 4 (1,1,2) any conbibation) and so on?

For the last part of the last question I got 16 and forgot to take it away from 50 -___-
Reply 478
In the +-0.5 mean question,

I wrote that the probability is equal to 1 - P (1.5 < x < 2.5)

then I stupidly calculated P (1.5 < x < 2.5) by doing (2.5-1.5) x (1/4)

Do I get any marks or is it 0/3?

Also, in the last question, I got n = 34 because I thought it was P (X <= n) but it's actually P (X< n)

Same question as before, do I get any marks out of the 3?
Reply 479
Original post by Kaiser7
In the +-0.5 mean question,

I wrote that the probability is equal to 1 - P (1.5 < x < 2.5)

then I stupidly calculated P (1.5 < x < 2.5) by doing (2.5-1.5) x (1/4)

Do I get any marks or is it 0/3?

Also, in the last question, I got n = 34 because I thought it was P (X <= n) but it's actually P (X< n)

Same question as before, do I get any marks out of the 3?

A method mark for the first, but zero for the second I would guess!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending