The Student Room Group

The Standard Grade History Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Yeah we were all correct just had different ways of putting it.

Think we have estabilished that there is 8 marks ku in each unit we studied, what ever the type of qq.
Reply 21
There is no chance im passing this.

Nothings going into my head.

Not even started russia oohh.. :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Reply 22
Original post by nerd434
Yes but each section has a total of 8 marks for KU, that's what I meant. Some of them also have a choice between two topics for the 8 mark essay.

Although, if there are two topics, most of the time you have to write about both of them, as it will ask you how important one of them was, and you need to take into account other answers to the question!
Hi guys! For people doing Germany 1918-39, are you revising Hitler's four year economic plans?
Reply 24
Original post by ladymarshmallow
Hi guys! For people doing Germany 1918-39, are you revising Hitler's four year economic plans?

No, tbh I don't really know what they are :colondollar: I'm so gonna pass...
Reply 25
My Teacher reckons that the 8 mark essay will be in Germany 1918-1939 - if the SQA follow the pattern she has recognised throughout the papers.

Disclaimer - I deny responsibility if the 8 marker is not indeed in the German, or respectively, Russian section :tongue:
Reply 26
Me thinks ill be up vvv late haha.

How yous getting on ?

Reply 27
Original post by andrew_don
My Teacher reckons that the 8 mark essay will be in Germany 1918-1939 - if the SQA follow the pattern she has recognised throughout the papers.

Disclaimer - I deny responsibility if the 8 marker is not indeed in the German, or respectively, Russian section :tongue:

Hope it aint russia. Thatd be a nightmare for me.

Reply 28

Well I just hope it's not in the British topic. 1880s to the Present Day is far too mind-numbingly dull to be able to write a good 8 mark essay on. :colonhash:
Reply 29
Original post by Aay
Hope it aint russia. Thatd be a nightmare for me.

You could at least get the 2 marks for structure, though and I'm sure with a bit of knowledge you could get a few more marks. Having the eight-marker there might actually be beneficial if you feel it's your weakest syllabus area :smile:
Reply 30
You could at least get the 2 marks for structure, though and I'm sure with a bit of knowledge you could get a few more marks. Having the eight-marker there might actually be beneficial if you feel it's your weakest syllabus area :smile:

Yeah i get what you mean. Russias my only topic left to study tonight. Then thats me..

Reply 31
Original post by ladymarshmallow

I am doing Germany 1989-1939 and I have to say I haven't even looked at Hitler's four year economic plans. Been much more focused on reasons for fall of Weimar Republic and the effects Treaty of Versailles and the influence on young people.
Good luck my friends. See you on the other side. :cool:

(Going to be a late one here... :ninja: )
Reply 33
Original post by tasha96
Good luck my friends. See you on the other side. :cool:

(Going to be a late one here... :ninja: )

Good luck yeah :smile:

Reply 34
I think that was a solid exam, actually. I especially liked the 8 marker in Germany as it was along the lines of what I had prepared for.

I just hope my exam marker is good at reading almost illegible writing - because by 2.40 I was pretty much writing in Arabic :redface:
I think that was a solid exam, actually. I especially liked the 8 marker in Germany as it was along the lines of what I had prepared for.

I just hope my exam marker is good at reading almost illegible writing - because by 2.40 I was pretty much writing in Arabic :redface:

I find the genereal easy peasy but the credit was unexpectedly much more challenging. Some of the ES confused me but I answered everything. Yeah my writing was a total mess and my right hand has two red blisters hehe. Better be worth it.

Btw what did you guys write for the one about the league of nations and the last ES question?
Reply 36
Dislike my brief mind blanks in Unit 1 and 2 KU, still think I have got a 1 in both. The 8 marker was braw :P
Reply 37
Original post by Bubblyminty

Btw what did you guys write for the one about the league of nations and the last ES question?

I wrote about for the League of Nations stopping more war, eradicating poverty and famine etc and two more things which I can't remember (they seemed convincing at the time, though).
Yes, the General was easy.
I can't remember what I wrote for the last ES question - I got two agreeing statements and went with that - I was very aware of the clock at that time!
Reply 38

My writing went pretty messy towards the end. I wrote 28 papes for the credit and have a bruised finger as a consequence.

I thought it was a pretty good paper. I didn't really want to do any revision after maths on Monday so I only started revising yesterday, and that was whilst watching Eurovision as well!
I wrote about for the League of Nations stopping more war, eradicating poverty and famine etc and two more things which I can't remember (they seemed convincing at the time, though).
Yes, the General was easy.
I can't remember what I wrote for the last ES question - I got two agreeing statements and went with that - I was very aware of the clock at that time!

Aw I only wrote about stopping future war- my mind was blank. I will only get at max 2 marks for that. I never understood the last ES one. All the gunfires started to confuse me and I just wrote a whole load of crap to be honest, I put that they partly agreed but that is probably wrong. I also backed up my points so I might get 2-3 marks for that. Everything else went smoothly though :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending