The Student Room Group

Girls walking around barefoot!

Since the sun has come out I see loads of girls walking around in their bare feet! Like its fairly reasonable if its in the park on the grass or in the comfort of your own home...but on the streets?

Is it me or does that not seem a little grimy?

I once saw a girl get on the bus and go to uni without her shoes! I like a girl to have nice feet but when I see girls having black soles from the dirt they have picked up from the streets it really makes me die a little inside. There is nothing worse than girls with dirty feet imo.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

Scroll to see replies

On the streets sounds a bit weird - what if they tread on a needle and get some infection? :s-smilie:

That said, I like walking around barefoot, and take most opportunities to do so at home or on grass. Dirt isn't really a problem - you can wash that - it's more hard skin, and tarmac will make that worse. I haven't experienced girls walking barefoot around a city, but yes - it does sound odd to me.
I applaud these people. Footwear is an inconvenience.
Reply 3
Original post by MancBoy
There is nothing worse than girls with dirty feet imo.

I can think of many many many things. firstworldproblems
Reply 4
Original post by ChunkyFudgeLover101

I don't know how to describe it, but your post makes you seem so...
sexist?

I'm struggling to find a reason as to how this can make me seem sexist LOL

As an admirer of nice feet I just find dirty feet an absolute turn off.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by MancBoy
I'm struggling to find a reason as to how this can make me seem sexist LOL

As an admirer of nice feet I just find dirty feet an absolute turn off.

Maybe the girls with no shoes on weren't trying to turn you on?
Having a foot fetish, I'm all for it. :colone:
It's so indie.
Thats why eveyone is doing it.
You forgot to mention the ankle bracelets.

Anyway, It's their feet not yours, If they get parasites - so be it.

I don't know how to describe it, but your post makes you seem so...
sexist?
why should girls having dirty feet make you die inside?
Sounds like it's a womans duty to make sure they are presentable for you.

Is there nothing else in the world that disappoints you?
Seriously...
Nothing worse??
Err
Poverty..
Hatred..
People with Low self esteem
Suicide..
So much more worse things that a 'girl' - woman having slightly dirty feet, that they clearly will wash later on.
GOSSSSH.

Sorry,
I just felt like saying that.
Anyway
Chill :smile:

OH GOD THE SEXIST ACCUSATIONS ALREADY.

I'm sure he'd have just as much an issue if he saw guys walking around barefoot.. It's just that we don't tend towards ankle bracelets
Reply 8
Original post by . .
I can think of many many many things. firstworldproblems

All of our problems are by definition First World problems. So what's the point of people going to every thread and saying "oh, sigh, first world problems"?
Reply 9
Original post by somethingbeautiful
Maybe the girls with no shoes on weren't trying to turn you on?

I don't insist on all girls to impress me or anything like that. I'm just pointing out my observation and stating my opinion.

And yes its equally as disgusting if guys do it too but I notice it on girls more because they seem to do it more and...I tend not to look at guys lol

...oh and when I said 'die a little inside' it was a figure of speech.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Architecture-er
OH GOD THE SEXIST ACCUSATIONS ALREADY.

I'm sure he'd have just as much an issue if he saw guys walking around barefoot.. It's just that we don't tend towards ankle bracelets

Not really an accusation.
I just don't understand how it can make him die just at the thought of seeing a woman with dirty feet?!
What's the big deal?? And I don't see him making a thread about guys walking around with barefoot, to be honest I don't think anyone cares..
Why should it matter what other people do to their own body, it's there body they are not hurting anyone else, that's all i'm saying.
Op sounds a little judgmental. People shouldn't have to conform to other peoples standards.. seriously.
Reply 11
Original post by zara55
All of our problems are by definition First World problems. So what's the point of people going to every thread and saying "oh, sigh, first world problems"?

It's Sunday too.
Going barefoot on public transport is a bit...ick. :s-smilie:
Reply 13
OP, I was stating my opinion too :smile:, you have a right to opinion as does anybody else :smile:.

Oh, you notice that girls do it more. Do you have statistical evidence?
JOKING... honestly..

Why did you make a thread just about girls if you think it's disgusting on everybody..
Why not People walking barefoot?

You clearly are highlighting the 'faults' in one gender, and by doing so making women seem inferior to men.

And when you say girls, it just sounds err...
I always thought when describing females, girls were young children.. and women were adult females..
So you go around looking at children??
KIDDING...

:facepalm2:

Its because I've hardly ever noticed guys doing it. It tends to be girls. I am not trying to undermine girls in any way, shape or form.

I know this may seem a bit ironic but why are you making mountains out of molehills?

And what on God's earth are you talking about with the children thing? :confused:
Not really an accusation.
I just don't understand how it can make him die just at the thought of seeing a woman with dirty feet?!
What's the big deal?? And I don't see him making a thread about guys walking around with barefoot, to be honest I don't think anyone cares..
Why should it matter what other people do to their own body, it's there body they are not hurting anyone else, that's all i'm saying.
Op sounds a little judgmental. People shouldn't have to conform to other peoples standards.. seriously.

It's just everytime a thread about something girls do is written, even if it isn't labelling all girls in such a way, there's inevitably some female accusing the OP of sexism, when it's not even relevant or true. Some women (apparently) walk around barefoot. The OP wonders why this is so, because it disgusts him. It's not really sexist is it - the sooner we can move away from flinging "sexism" and "racism" accusations around at people for making simple observations, the better, surely? I mean, walking around barefoot isn't even derogatory towards the party concerned, unless it was worded "Why are girls so disgusting, walking around barefoot?" or somesuch.
I walked barefoot in the street yesterday because we were having a waterfight but that was right outside my house and it was just on our hill. The only places I go barefoot are on grass so in the park and garden, and on the beach which is one of the best feelings ever, makes me feel sorry for people who don't live near a beach :h: :wink:
Reply 16
It's up to the person isn't it, I would probably put my shoes back on for going on the bus and through town, but the other day my sandals were hurting my feet so I walked through campus barefoot for a bit. I actually found it quite refreshing :smile:. If girls want to walk about barefoot that's their own responsibility if they tread on anything unpleasant - I don't think it's something we can really judge others about.
Original post by MancBoy

Its because I've hardly ever noticed guys doing it. It tends to be girls. I am not trying to undermine girls in any way, shape or form.

I know this may seem a bit ironic but why are you making mountains out of molehills?

And what on God's earth are you talking about with the children thing? :confused:

I'm not, I'm just saying my opinion. But you are kind of undermining women, by saying it's grimy and that women do it more etc..
making it seem like its a 'problem' amongst mainly women..

Really it's no big deal. It's not a crime..

I said Kidding,, it was a joke. my jokes are not funny. accepted. :u:
Original post by MancBoy

You filthy, filthy paedophile, you! :teehee:

Some people seem to live for causing gender and race arguments over supposed 'rifts' - ironic how they themselves imagine and create these issues when the source of their complaint is completely benign..

Just waiting for feminists to start protesting against the use of the word "woman" since it derives from the word "man", implying that women are conceived as a derivative of men, or some rubbish :rolleyes:
Reply 19
Original post by MancBoy
I don't insist on all girls to impress me or anything like that. I'm just pointing out my observation and stating my opinion.

And yes its equally as disgusting if guys do it too but I notice it on girls more because they seem to do it more and...I tend not to look at guys lol

...oh and when I said 'die a little inside' it was a figure of speech.

To be honest when you first said that my first impression was that you sounded a bit camp/gay...:biggrin:

Latest